cooler master mm710 vs razer viper mini

Mando772004

which mouse is better in terms of competitive gaming and comfort. please i want answers from people who have tried atleast one of these mice. i know that the mm710 is lighter but to be honest its only 8 grams lighter i dont think thats a game changer. what do you guys think?

P.S. theyre both the same price in my country

Edited by InfernalClaw

It'd be nice if you could tell us what grip and hand size you have. I own both of these mice and if you have a pretty aggressive claw grip then the MM710 is better then the Viper Mini due to the higher hump. The Viper Mini is more suited to finger tip or a relaxed/claw hybrid. Weight doesn't necessarily make a better mouse, lighter mice just make it so it is easier to track and flick.

10850k @5.0GHZ | Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 | ASUS Prime Z490-A | EVGA 2080 TI XC Ultra Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB @3200 MHZ | Corsair Air 540 | CoolerMaster MM720 | Artisan Zero Soft | Tofu65 w/ Tealios V2

1 minute ago, Syndaz said:

It'd be nice if you could tell us what grip and hand size you have. If you have a pretty aggressive claw grip then the MM710 is better then the Viper Mini due to the higher hump. The Viper Mini is more suited to finger tip or a relaxed/claw hybrid. Weight doesn't necessarily make a better mouse, lighter mice just make it so it is easier to track and flick.

sorry that i didnt mention that. Palm grip and i would say my hand size is medium 

Medium hand size is about 17-18 cm tall and a max of 9-9.5 max though you can measure it for yourself. You'd be better off with the Viper Mini if you palm. I'd reccomending doing the tape mod to fix the LOD distance problem that the Mini has.

10850k @5.0GHZ | Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 | ASUS Prime Z490-A | EVGA 2080 TI XC Ultra Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB @3200 MHZ | Corsair Air 540 | CoolerMaster MM720 | Artisan Zero Soft | Tofu65 w/ Tealios V2

Just now, Syndaz said:

Medium hand size is about 17-18 cm tall and a max of 9-9.5 max though you can measure it for yourself. You'd be better off with the Viper Mini if you palm. I'd reccomending doing the tape mod to fix the LOD distance problem that the Mini has.

im sorry whats the LOD distance problem. i dont know what LOD is sorry xD

Just now, InfernalClaw said:

im sorry whats the LOD distance problem. i dont know what LOD is sorry xD

Lift off distance is the height in which the mouse sensor still registers tracking. The Mini's is really high so users place a piece of tape like so to address the issue.spacer.png

Just now, Syndaz said:

Lift off distance is the height in which the mouse sensor still registers tracking. The Mini's is really high so users place a piece of tape like so to address the issue.spacer.png

does any tape work or does it have to be the same like this?

Just now, InfernalClaw said:

does any tape work or does it have to be the same like this?

Any tape is fine. You just have to have the tape end right where the edge of the sensor is like in the picture.

20 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

sorry that i didnt mention that. Palm grip and i would say my hand size is medium 

tbh, i dont think either of these are good for palm grip. definitely depends on what your actual measurements are.

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

3 hours ago, Oswin said:

tbh, i dont think either of these are good for palm grip. definitely depends on what your actual measurements are.

I don't think so either but considering his location and his mention of price in his country, it may be the case that he doesn't have much choice.

10 minutes ago, Syndaz said:

I don't think so either but considering his location and his mention of price in his country, it may be the case that he doesn't have much choice.

i have seen countries with less options than these, its best to ask if there are more options to choose from.

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

1 hour ago, Oswin said:

i have seen countries with less options than these, its best to ask if there are more options to choose from.

well my options really are limited cuz i want a weightless mouse like the viper mini or mm710 and these are the only mice that have low weight and dont cost 1000+ egp which is about 63 usd. i only have 63 usd and also glorious gaming mice in my country cost more than 80 dollars because sellers here actually pay for alot of shipping to get the item from overseas. so really these are my only options i have tried the g502 but it weighed a ton and the deathadder elite but it also felt that it had alot of weight. 

2 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

well my options really are limited cuz i want a weightless mouse like the viper mini or mm710 and these are the only mice that have low weight and dont cost 1000+ egp which is about 63 usd. i only have 63 usd and also glorious gaming mice in my country cost more than 80 dollars because sellers here actually pay for alot of shipping to get the item from overseas. so really these are my only options i have tried the g502 but it weighed a ton and the deathadder elite but it also felt that it had alot of weight. 

i see, if you find the viper hard to palm, best you can do is to change your grip style.

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

25 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

What about the Deathadder v2 (Mini) and the Xtrfy M4? You can find the M4 for ~$60+shipping on maxgaming iirc. (Zowie EC or S series might also be worth considering, but they are usually very expensive)

EDIT: The Endgame gear XM1 is also worth considering.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

31 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

What about the Deathadder v2 (Mini) and the Xtrfy M4? You can find the M4 for ~$60+shipping on maxgaming iirc. (Zowie EC or S series might also be worth considering, but they are usually very expensive)

EDIT: The Endgame gear XM1 is also worth considering.

these arent available at my country unfortunately 

21 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

these arent available at my country unfortunately 

I think maxgaming has international shipping. Not sure about import taxes/shipping costs though.

In any case, the Viper Mini and the MM710 are both really good, they are just very small so palm gripping them might be kinda hard.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

On 8/2/2020 at 1:51 PM, PCGuy_5960 said:

I think maxgaming has international shipping. Not sure about import taxes/shipping costs though.

In any case, the Viper Mini and the MM710 are both really good, they are just very small so palm gripping them might be kinda hard.

they dont ship to egypt

image.png.cf46c861a7bfa361c57320f3ffc10f33.png

i did it finally but as soon as the mouse is off the pad i mean as soon as i lift it to readjust the mouse cuz am a low dpi player the mouse doesnt register any movement so is this alright cuz im kinda not soo used to it @Syndaz

That should be good enough. You can test if it works by having the mouse slightly hovering above your mousepad and see if it still tracks. If it doesn't, then it works.