[Updated 27/03-14] Cougar teases new gaming mouse. R.A.T. wannabe?

That Norwegian Guy

Update: Cougar have posted the final pictures. It was a while ago and I missed it, but no one else seem to have posted them here so here you go:

28kkpc7.jpg

8xiqvb.png

Also a new keyboard! Cougar still haven't released the specs of these two, so we don't know what switches or sensors are involved yet.

Source

Also: They're German and don't know how to spell "Aluminium"?? Preposterous.

All we have to go on at the moment are three silhouettes... Seriously, what is it with German companies and making bizarre gaming mice?

1621879_624472200959115_288862105_n.jpg10006394_624472217625780_897105973_n.jpg1618428_624472244292444_1814459948_n.jpg

I certainly am intrigued by this news. Source

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Tiny mouse for big hands? That's what I'm seeing, at least.

Yea i can see it's not for me.

I used a RAT and it is a no no for me.

Well the R.A.T. is known to range from spectacularly bad to awesome depending on your particular luck with that particular mouse's manufacturing tolerances, as they had a lot of moving parts that didn't always come out right from the factory.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Well the R.A.T. is known to range from spectacularly bad to awesome depending on your particular luck with that particular mouse's manufacturing tolerances, as they had a lot of moving parts that didn't always come out right from the factory.

I have had 2 rat 7 mice, the first one the left button died and the second the lazer started to bug out

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I have had 2 rat 7 mice, the first one the left button died and the second the lazer started to bug out

Ironically the two things that have very little to do with manufacturing since sensors and switches are usually gotten from third parties :P

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Ironically the two things that have very little to do with manufacturing since sensors and switches are usually gotten from third parties :P

I got pretty lucky with my rat 7 contagion, its had no problems really apart from cosmetic because the grip is kinda going but its been used for hardcore gaming for 2 years now. On the polar opposite my father had a sensei raw and pro, the raw had very bad sensor problems and the side buttons wouldnt register well, we sent it to steelseries and got the pro, the pro started smoking after about a month of light use and it died after that, my father now uses some msi mouse that ive never seen before. Its odd that both steelseries mouses  stopped working, my father takes care of things ridiculously well. On the other hand i go ape shit with my rat 7 every now and then, get a bs death in bf4 and start smashing the rat on the table, i guess rats only work if you treat them like shit.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

It could be a rebadge of zalmans use "wtf" mouse

zalman-mouse-side-1-f.jpg

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I got pretty lucky with my rat 7 contagion, its had no problems really apart from cosmetic because the grip is kinda going but its been used for hardcore gaming for 2 years now. On the polar opposite my father had a sensei raw and pro, the raw had very bad sensor problems and the side buttons wouldnt register well, we sent it to steelseries and got the pro, the pro started smoking after about a month of light use and it died after that, my father now uses some msi mouse that ive never seen before. Its odd that both steelseries mouses  stopped working, my father takes care of things ridiculously well. On the other hand i go ape shit with my rat 7 every now and then, get a bs death in bf4 and start smashing the rat on the table, i guess rats only work if you treat them like shit.

my first rat lasted about 6 months and the 2nd was alittle over 2 years. I really like the rat 7 but i thought i better look at another untill i hear about quality improvements

currently using a mionix naos 3200

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Remember when companies used to just build and release a new product that was good enough to sell, they didn't need to play with cloak and dagger marketing in order to build up hype only to sell a product that in many ways is just like every other product with very little features worthy of a fanfare launch.

Meh...

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

• 4 weeks later...

Updated with new pictures of the actual mouse. Surprise, keyboard as well.