Segotep lack of reviews

chechar51

why isn't there any serious review of this brand's products?

Could LTT start doing reviews of their PSUs?

I recently got a GP700G 700w gold modular, but i kinda went blind shoping on this model as i did not find any review.
Before anyone says anything, my seasonic x850 gold series died on me 3 weeks ago and i was kinda desperate to get my pc working again, also i am argentine and right now my corrupt government is blocking dollars, so there is no import and no PSUs, the only available options are extremely dangerous crap PSUs like EVGA N1 models wich are also more expensive, or many other local dark brands that you would only recomend to someone you hate and want to see him suffer

I7 3770k - MSI Z77A-GD 65 - DeepCool GamerStorm Assassin - MSI GTX1080Ti Gaming - 4x4GB G.Skill Ares 1600MHZ CL8 - WD 1TB Caviar Blue -

Corsair ForceGT sata III 120BG SSD - Segotep GP700G Gold modular  - Logitech G910 - Logitech G600 - Cooler Master HAF X - LG 43" UJ6560

2 minutes ago, chechar51 said:

Could LTT start doing reviews of their CPUs?

You mean PSUs.

And LTT doesn't do PSU reviews.

Got a link to the Segotep you're interested in?

Just now, jonnyGURU said:

You mean PSUs.

And LTT doesn't do PSU reviews.

thanks for noticing, i went and fixed it

I7 3770k - MSI Z77A-GD 65 - DeepCool GamerStorm Assassin - MSI GTX1080Ti Gaming - 4x4GB G.Skill Ares 1600MHZ CL8 - WD 1TB Caviar Blue -

Corsair ForceGT sata III 120BG SSD - Segotep GP700G Gold modular  - Logitech G910 - Logitech G600 - Cooler Master HAF X - LG 43" UJ6560

1 minute ago, jonnyGURU said:

Got a link to the Segotep you're interested in?

https://segotep.my/gp700g-fm/

This is the one i got

There's nothing interesting to talk about regarding PSUs anymore. It really boils down to whether or not the PSU will blow up. Though it would be an interesting video if they did blow up. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

5 minutes ago, chechar51 said:

Could LTT start doing reviews of their CPUs?

LTT does not have the equipment or experience to properly test PSUs. PSU reviews aren't that interesting for the mainstream audience and in my opinion are better suited to a written format than a video format.

I would recommend review sites like Tom's Hardware, anandtech, Kitguru, etc for PSU reviews.

Just now, chechar51 said:

if you have, please share

He's asking what model Segotep PSU you're looking at so that he could either direct you to a review or tell you what he knows about it.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

There's nothing interesting to talk about regarding PSUs anymore. It really boils down to whether or not the PSU will blow up. Though it would be an interesting video if they did blow up. 

There is more to PSUs than that. Regulation, ripple, transient response, noise, hold up time etc etc. Thing is, most people are really not interested in that sort of stuff, even people that are somewhat into PC hardware (which you seem to be an example of :P).

GN did a video PSU review (Walmart PC's GW PSU), but that was a complete trainwreck, imo. Not enough useful information, nothing interesting to look at, and just reading us the efficiency at different loads. 

:)

8 minutes ago, chechar51 said:

https://segotep.my/gp700g-fm/

This is the one i got

That's a good unit.  LLC with DC to DC.

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

There is more to PSUs than that. Regulation, ripple, transient response, noise, hold up time etc etc. Thing is, most people are really not interested in that sort of stuff, even people that are somewhat into PC hardware (which you seem to be an example of :P).

GN did a video PSU review (Walmart PC's GW PSU), but that was a complete trainwreck, imo. Not enough useful information, nothing interesting to look at, and just reading us the efficiency at different loads. 

Totally agree, i went for Seasonic back in 2013 because of ripple and voltage regulation and stability

7 minutes ago, seon123 said:

That too. It's just not the type of video LTT would be able to retain the interests of their audience with for an entire video. (How many of us really watch LTT to be informed about tech nowadays?) I watch LTT like it was (old) Top Gear or the Grand Tour. 

It's a topic that's dry. There's nothing exciting about it... unless there's something that blows up or you use a format like Electroboom:

Though you could argue he only retains viewer attention because he does dumb stuff and electrocutes himself in every video. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

Yeah, that was rather disappointing. I had some pretty high hopes for their PSU reviews after they hyped it up, got some equipment, and even brought Jon in. 5 minutes of reading out efficiency levels that are already shown in a graph/table on the screen is not interesting or helpful. :(

Hardware Bastards does some PSU review videos that I would watch, mostly just because they're done by Aris, but most of their videos aren't in English and I would much prefer written format for PSU reviews any day of the week.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

10 hours ago, Spotty said:

Yeah, that was rather disappointing. I had some pretty high hopes for their PSU reviews after they hyped it up, got some equipment, and even brought Jon in. 5 minutes of reading out efficiency levels that are already shown in a graph/table on the screen is not interesting or helpful. :(

Hardware Bastards does some PSU review videos that I would watch, mostly just because they're done by Aris, but most of their videos aren't in English and I would much prefer written format for PSU reviews any day of the week.

Hardware Bastards? 0.o, you mean Hardware busters? (sorry if my dumb arse didn't get the joke, if it was meant to be one)

It is but human, to err, to buy a PSU, akin to dirt,

but fret not, young Padawan, for we will tell you, 

what will become, of that, which you have earned