Best Intel CPU for 2020?!

Hey all, 

Does anyone can provide a good suggestion for a CPU for future proof?
I would like this CPU for Gaming and work. 
Nothing special.

I just would love that all of my actions will be done fast.
I also have an nvme SSD, which I would love to see at it full capasity.

CPU - AMD 5800XMotherboard - ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING , Memory  - G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 ,

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti MSI SUPRIM X 12G,  Case - 4000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid - Tower ATX Case - Black ,

Storage - Samsung 970 EvoPlus 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB + 6TB HDD,

PSU - Corsair HX1000 , Display -  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27A 165HZ + Dell 24 UltraSharp Monitor , Cooling - Noctua NH-D15 Black , 

Keyboard - Razer Stalker , Mouse - Logitec G502 Wireless , Operating System - Win 10 Pro , 

Sound - Logitech Z906 5.1 THX Surround Sound Speaker System

Why intel?

Their best CPU is the 10900k which runs hot and uses a ton of power.

A 3900X or 3950X has more cores which is good if you're doing some more work not just gaming.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Why intel?

A 3900X or 3950X has more cores which is good if you're doing some more work not just gaming.

Well, I like Intel, no idea for what reason.
Also, I just saw the price, it way expensive than 9700k.

Any other suggestions? 

CPU - AMD 5800XMotherboard - ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING , Memory  - G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 ,

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti MSI SUPRIM X 12G,  Case - 4000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid - Tower ATX Case - Black ,

PSU - Corsair HX1000 , Display -  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27A 165HZ + Dell 24 UltraSharp Monitor , Cooling - Noctua NH-D15 Black , 

Keyboard - Razer Stalker , Mouse - Logitec G502 Wireless , Operating System - Win 10 Pro , 

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Why intel?

YES agreed; HE will have to change his mobo either ways if she wants to upgrade

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

Celeric07

7 minutes ago, keavlar said:

Hey all, 

Nothing special.

ALSO IT IS capacity

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

Celeric07

Latest or last gen i7 and i9 would probably be fine.

For "future proof", 8 cores would probably be a minimum, but noone can really see the future.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

I see that Intel still has better fps?! 

Just now, keavlar said:

That is ryzen 3000 not 4000, the ryzen 4000 will be way faster. Also ryzen likes really specific ram setups, and very few can configure it that way.

1 minute ago, Origami Cactus said:

That is ryzen 3000 not 4000, the ryzen 4000 will be way faster. Also ryzen likes really specific ram setups, and very few can configure it that way.

Just a reply to his suggestion of 3900x

1 minute ago, keavlar said:

Just a reply to his suggestion of 3900x

Yeah.

If you go current gen then the latest intel is still a bit faster, but amd 4000 is right around the corner, so you could just wait for that too.

Last gen Intel should also be fine, if you want to buy right now without waiting for new products.

8th gen intel is a bit more iffy, wouldn't buy that in 2020.

6 minutes ago, keavlar said:

Because these videos are fake and everyone knows it....

14 minutes ago, keavlar said:

Hey all, 

Nothing special.

Unless you absolutely need Intel for some unknown reason, just wait for Zen 3 or get a Zen 2 CPU

Intel isnt really faster per se anymore, they do run much hotter, use about double the power and offer absolutely no upgrade path.

Just now, Origami Cactus said:

Yeah.

If you go current gen then the latest intel is still a bit faster, but amd 4000 is right around the corner, so you could just wait for that too.

Last gen Intel should also be fine, if you want to buy right now without waiting for new products.

8th gen intel is a bit more iffy, wouldn't buy that in 2020.

I just need to replace my 4790k setup

The windows updates fuc**p my MB drivers, 

3 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Because these videos are fake and everyone knows it....

Unless you absolutely need Intel for some unknown reason, just wait for Zen 3 or get a Zen 2 CPU

Intel isnt really faster per se anymore, they do run much hotter, use about double the power and offer absolutely no upgrade path.

What your suggestions? 

13 minutes ago, CELERIC07 said:

YES agreed; HE will have to change his mobo either ways if she wants to upgrade

um.....bro u good?

😕

What your suggestions? 

Depending on the budget, a 3700X B550 Pro4 or B550 TuF and 16GB dual channel 3200MHz C15 RAM

20 minutes ago, keavlar said:

Hey all, 

Nothing special.

if youre getting intel:

1. you need an aftermarket cooler as the stock cooler doesnt help whatsoever

2. you have limited upgradeability

3. you will have to get a new motherboard every 2 years if you wanna upgrade

id suggest going AMD, coz better value for money, more cores and threads, and more budget options

what is your budget (in suitable currency)? what exact tasks will this PC be used for?

😕

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Depending on the budget, a 3700X B550 Pro4 or B550 TuF and 16GB dual channel 3200MHz C15 RAM

Yeah, 3700x might work. 

Just now, keavlar said:

Yeah, 3700x might work. 

If you can't wait for the 4700X then yes. The 3700X is only 3-4% behind the 10700K but runs much cooler, uses less power and is a lot cheaper.

1 minute ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

1. you need an aftermarket cooler as the stock cooler doesnt help whatsoever

I use The Noctua nh-d15.

2 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

you will have to get a new motherboard every 2 years if you wanna upgrade

Didn't expected that. 

2 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

what is your budget (in suitable currency)

As in This country, the 9700k  is 500$ , so not over this price, as I need to upgrade MB and RAM 

3 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

what exact tasks will this PC be used for?

A simple user use, some PUBG, Arma 3. 

Movies 4k,  Coding.

I KNOW, it is over priced for this use to get this sick pc build, but this is who I am , and what I wanna do. 
You never know when sudenly I would like to do something more crazy with pc. 
ANd with this kinda build, I can rest asure,to run future games fine, when UPgrade the GPU. maybe.

6 minutes ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

um.....bro u good?

Read the whole thing?? HE said he will change his processor from 4th gen. he is using intel and his mobo suppoets only 4th and 5th gen cpu's so to use a modern day intel cpu he needs a new mobo.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

Celeric07

4 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

If you can't wait for the 4700X then yes. The 3700X is only 3-4% behind the 10700K but runs much cooler, uses less power and is a lot cheaper.

image.thumb.png.38dd43a5891f97859d0fbe6f174ffb50.png

I see 3700x better than 10700k actually, unless I do not understand all stats corect 

Just now, keavlar said:

I use The Noctua nh-d15.

Didn't expected that. 

As in This country, the 9700k  is 500$ , so not over this price, as I need to upgrade MB and RAM 

A simple user use, some PUBG, Arma 3. 

Movies 4k,  Coding.

I KNOW, it is over priced for this use to get this sick pc build, but this is who I am , and what I wanna do. 
You never know when sudenly I would like to do something more crazy with pc. 
ANd with this kinda build, I can rest asure,to run future games fine, when UPgrade the GPU. maybe.

get a b450 or b550 chipset motherboard now, and save up for a little while until september-october. thats when new AMD Ryzen 4000 series (zen3) cpus come out. once they come out, youll be able to either nag a 3700x for cheaper, or get a suitable 4000 series cpu of your choice acoording to budget

😕

1 minute ago, CELERIC07 said:

Read the whole thing?? HE said he will change his processor from 4th gen. he is using intel and his mobo suppoets only 4th and 5th gen cpu's so to use a modern day intel cpu he needs a new mobo.

I think, that HE ment that you wrote "HE" And then used "SHE"

I see 3700x better than 10700k actually, unless I do not understand all stats corect 

the 9700k is a no go tbf, coz 9th gen with z390 or any othe chipset is ded. 10th gen is a lil more expensive as well, and then you gotta get a new chipset motherboard as well. dont forget the xmp ram profile limitation ;)

if its for gaming, the 3900x is a tad overkill, a 3700x should easily do the job with 8c and 16t. if youre gonna do more productivity related tasks like video editing and stuff, a 3900x is better, but you need to check acording to your budget.

you could even get a 3600 and use the money you saved into upgrading your gpu

😕

6 minutes ago, keavlar said:

image.thumb.png.38dd43a5891f97859d0fbe6f174ffb50.png

I mean at stock yes. Typically the 10700K can be overclocked but that further pushes heat and power.