Is my PSU enough for my build ?

Go to solution Solved by gGolGolidmessi,

So The problem was solved, it was the psu i replaced it with a MWE 650w Bronze v2 thank you for your help

Hi guys

So I have this build :

• Motherboard : Gigabyte B450m DS3H
  • Ryzen 3 3100
  • RAM : Xpg spectrix d80 8gb 3000 liquid rgb
  • MSI GTX 1660 SUPER VENTUS OC XS
  • PSU Coolermaster Extreme 2 475 ( real power is about 380 ) very old psu.

I have been experiencing some issues, when i launch a game it crashes within 10 min and I get No Signal on my screen, I have to manually reboot the pc and then the crashes occur faster and faster till it happen at windows start. 

In the Reliability window I get the hardware error 141 & 117. I tried 2 different drivers and 3 versions of windows 10.

PS : I got the same issue with a 550 ti but not with a 1050ti using on both the same psu i have now.

2 minutes ago, gGolGolidmessi said:

Hi guys

So I have this build :

• Ryzen 3 3100

I have been experiencing some issues, when i launch a game it crashes within 10 min and I get No Signal on my screen, I have to manually reboot the pc and then the crashes occur faster and faster till it happen at windows start. 

In the Reliability window I get the hardware error 141 & 117. I tried 2 different drivers and 3 versions of windows 10.

PS : I got the same issue with a 550 ti but not with a 1050ti using on both the same psu i have now.

Could be the powersupply. Could you upgrade? I run a ryzen 2600 and a 1660 gaming x, and it literally draws just the limit (i have a 450w integra in my sfx pc)

4 minutes ago, gGolGolidmessi said:

Hi guys

So I have this build :

• Ryzen 3 3100

Me again!

Check your event viewer in windows, specifically the "summary of administrative events" and look at the errors. If its drawing too much power and causing a shutdown, itll be under the "critical" section

That PSU was a dumpster fire 8 years ago, and it certainly still is now. Definitely ditch it immediately and get a new unit.

Do you have a set budget for a PSU upgrade?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

4 minutes ago, owencrispy said:

Could be the powersupply. Could you upgrade? I run a ryzen 2600 and a 1660 gaming x, and it literally draws just the limit (i have a 450w integra in my sfx pc)

2 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

That PSU was a dumpster fire 8 years ago, and it certainly still is now. Definitely ditch it immediately and get a new unit.

Do you have a set budget for a PSU upgrade?

Yeah I want to upgrade but the problem is where I live (Algeria) we dont have too much choice the available one for my budget aren't even listed in the LTT psu tier list and are overpriced. You can check them here :

https://fractal-shop.com/categorie-produit/composants-pc/alimentation-pc/

5 minutes ago, gGolGolidmessi said:

Yeah I want to upgrade but the problem is where I live (Algeria) we dont have too much choice the available one for my budget aren't even listed in the LTT psu tier list and are overpriced. You can check them here :

https://fractal-shop.com/categorie-produit/composants-pc/alimentation-pc/

Yeah those really aren't a lot of options.

Does this one fit your budget? https://fractal-shop.com/boutique/composants-pc/alimentation-pc/cooler-master-mwe-bronze-650w-v2/

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

23 minutes ago, gGolGolidmessi said:

Yeah it fits, is it any good ?

Yes, the MWE Bronze V2 will do fine paired with your build.

So The problem was solved, it was the psu i replaced it with a MWE 650w Bronze v2 thank you for your help