Does my PSU include MOLEX Connectors?

motomaster

I am building my first system soon, and the case that I am building in requires a molex connector for the front LED's. My PSU is the corsair CV550. I cannot find any info anywhere, and I don't want to have to buy an adapter. Thanks!

Link: Corsair CV550

yes it does. you can look at the pics on newegg, or other sites, and find it in the pics.

The connector you're looking for is more correctly called a Peripheral connector. Corsair CV550 has one. People also call them molex, but that's inaccurate since Molex is a company that makes every connector in an ATX PSU - so actually every connector is a Molex connector.

It's no wonder you couldn't find proper info, since even Corsair's own website doesn't mention peripheral connectors, and the other cable counts are incorrect. The Corsair specifications page for CV550 has this to say about cables:

obraz.thumb.png.176977b05a87c740dfeabfe936024467.png

According to photos and videos of CV550 itself, it's got 3 SATA cables on one cable, and on another cable it has 1 SATA, 2 Peripheral and 1 Floppy.

Meanwhile the page states it has more SATA than it actually has (7 vs 4) and doesn't mention the peripheral connector count at all.

2 minutes ago, OrionFOTL said:

It's no wonder you couldn't find proper info, since even Corsair's own website doesn't mention peripheral connectors, and the other cable counts are incorrect. The Corsair specifications page for CV550 has this to say about cables:

According to photos and videos of CV550 itself, it's got 3 SATA cables on one cable, and on another cable it has 1 SATA, 2 Peripheral and 1 Floppy.

Meanwhile the page states it has more SATA than it actually has (7 vs 4) and doesn't mention the peripheral connector count at all.

@Corsair Nick Can you pass this along to the web team. The CV450 info is also wrong. The "Tech Specs" page is also completely missing from the CV650 page.

2 minutes ago, OrionFOTL said:

The connector you're looking for is more correctly called a Peripheral connector.

Just to add to this some companies will list it as a "PATA connector", which is how Corsair normally list it when their website isn't wrong.
image.png.d285ea2d8e329232eaded3899bdda3e7.png

(This is for the CX750M)

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Thanks guys for bringing these up.  I sent them over to our web team, and should be corrected in the near future.  Let me know if you find anything else you come across.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/