Poll: Where Do You Usually Buy Tech From?

Snapy1

In Germany I usually check out Mindfactory and Caseking first. They are mostly the "cheapest" shops around. But i don´t know whether they ship to france or not. 

Ow I actually have a friend which is working for Caseking-France ! Should check the price later on when I have anything to buy, comparing both Fr-Ge site. Thanks

Online. I only buy in a physical store if only one component is needed because of the price.

This is a signature.

Online. I only buy in a physical store if only one component is needed because of the price.

i go to best buy sometimes because they do the price match stuff

i go to best buy sometimes because they do the price match stuff

Well, I'm from Spain not US :P

This is a signature.

Mostly amazon/newegg, once or twice in store

Also craigslist

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Newegg/amazon for online, and occasionally I will stop at Microcenter if I am in the area. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

It really all depends on the situation, I do like buying my tech in store to both keep brick and mortar stores alive and to help the local economy however if they don't have what I want or can't get it quickly then I will go online buying mainly off Amazon and eBuyer.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Mainly online, but if I see a store I always go in to have a look around for open box,crazy discounted, and wrongly labeled stuff. Almost got a k70 for £40 but the guy noticed at checkout that the label said £40 and the register said £120. Plus I like stores cos in a sucker for being able to touch things.

RIG:FX-6300@4.5GHz 1.4V with Hyper 212 evo with LTT NF-F12:MSI Overclockers R7 260X:4x4B Crucial Ballistix Sport:GA-970A-UD3P:1TB Seagate Brracuda & 120GB Crucial M500(OS and Programs)&Sandisk SSD PLUS(Games) In a Bitfenix Comrade with an NF-F12 as exhaust and OEM case fan as front intake

''time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time''

The only UK computer store is PC world / Curry's and its a complete and utter rip off. So all my stuff is bought online. Would love a good hardware store though, give the UK high street another man store ontop of the odd maplins. 

99 percent of what I buy tech wise comes from online purchases, the other 1 percent would be like a usb flash drive or some burnable optical discs from the local walmart lol. 

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

There are sometimes good deals on stuff in shops. But mostly, places like Amazon are better because they have the advantage of paying no corporation tax.

However, with computer bits I always shop at Scan.co.uk because they are pretty local and they pay taxes in the UK. Plus, they have royal backing whatever that means.

I've yet to find a good tech store in my area, so online is really the only option. Although I'd love to give my money to a nice locally owned tech shop to help support small businesses and my community.

I go to the closest NCIX to my house as my first option. If they don't have what I want, I'll shop online at Newegg or Amazon.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400  | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti    | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

Mostly online but I do take a look at local stores, since it's happened more than once that they had better prices for the same component. and I don't have to wait for shipping :D

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

I purchase through eBay vendors or Fry's Electronics locally.

junker build in the making

In store (after price matching)

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

No local tech stores, the only option is to buy online.

Also I don't usually buy things as new, I look at second-hand markets online first. With next to no income, have to stretch every cent. (also: 24% VAT says "Hi.")

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I prefer NCIX and DirectCanada.com because they offer free shipping on orders above $50 and below 25 lbs. I hate paying for shipping because it's expensive.

NCIX also price matches. If they don't approve a price match I turn elsewhere or just wait for a sale.

Canada Computers is only a few kilometres from my house so if they have a great deal on something I go there. I wish my local NCIX store were closer.

If all else fails, I turn to Newegg.ca. I just placed an order for a Sapphire R9 390 Nitro because even with shipping the price was much better on Newegg.ca.

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

Amazon.
My work does weekly "incentives" with gift cards
I call it computer pay day:)

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

I'm from Australia, so I use pccasegear.com, they are very good!

This. They have been the best prices that I have seen in Australia so far though I did have to look elsewhere for my R9 290 because they didn't stock them.

Where it happens to be the cheapest as used.

Otherwise Jimm's PC Store (definitely not the cheapest, but does it's job)

Would gladly start using amazon, but they only accept credit cards...

www.Systemastore.fi

ja terve.

(⌐■_■)