Can't choose between those two (entry budget phones)

dojun

So I am picking between Nokia 2.2 and Redmi 8a, Yes, I am on really entry budget, but the thing is I am not gaming person on mobiles nor I am camera person, I just surf browser or something like that, Is it worth spending 17€ more to buy Redmi 8a?

I would personally go for the Redmi 8a because of its bigger battery (5000mAh with fast charging) and bigger screen size (6.22") compared to that of Nokia. Go for Nokia ONLY if you prefer stock android over Mi UI and want a removable battery. Otherwise Redmi scores better in all other areas.

Edited by Kraken_05
Wanted to add more stuff

The redmi 8a looks like the best choice on almost every front except for no always on display support (I do love me AOD). But that shouldn't be a deal breaker for you so go for the 8a. 16GB of storage on the nokia is just NOT ENOUGH in 2020.

3 minutes ago, Dimondminer11 said:

The redmi 8a looks like the best choice on almost every front except for no always on display support (I do love me AOD). But that shouldn't be a deal breaker for you so go for the 8a. 16GB of storage on the nokia is just NOT ENOUGH in 2020.

About 16GB I have noticed that, used to have J7's 16GB and used it really quick.

1 minute ago, Eidenas said:

About 16GB I have noticed that, used to have J7's 16GB and used it really quick.

Heck 16GB wasn't enough even 5 years ago (see 16gb iphone 6s plus)

sd card is always an option

Just now, GoodEnough said:

sd card is always an option

If his budget is this limited i don't think it is

The 2.2 also has a YUCK mediatek processor. The snapdragon 439 in the redmi 8a is actually not that bad. We've reached the point that even a 400 series snapdragon is fast enough for like 90% of the population.

Just now, Dimondminer11 said:

If his budget is this limited i don't think it is

16gb for 5€

1 minute ago, GoodEnough said:

lamo, im still using a phone that has 1600mah for battery capacity

Mine I bought for $121 and it is a LG V40 Thinq. It has a pretty small battery for a 2018 flagship (only 3300mah) and the friggen glass is sooooo thin i have now cracked the back glass near the top left and there is also a chip in it. I have never before previously cracked a phone by dropping it. The LG G6 I had, while granted i put a dbrand skin on not too long after I got it, it just felt more sturdy.

1 minute ago, Dimondminer11 said:

Mine I bought for $121 and it is a LG V40 Thinq. It has a pretty small battery for a 2018 flagship (only 3300mah) and the friggen glass is sooooo thin i have now cracked the back glass near the top left and there is also a chip in it. I have never before previously cracked a phone by dropping it. The LG G6 I had, while granted i put a dbrand skin on not too long after I got it, it just felt more sturdy.

Mine was j7 2017 2 days ago, dropped out of my bed and the led screen was ripping off purple splashes all over the screen and the bed's height is so freakin low, the funniest part that their screens worth like 95€ - 110$ 

Just now, Dimondminer11 said:

my phone is over 4 years now and i still havent cracked it, which is nice since im too lazy to get a case, i swear, the thing is a goddamn brick, asides the fact that it doesnt even weigh 4 oz

But anyways the original thing, I made my decision, thanks guys.

Mine was j7 2017 2 days ago, dropped out of my bed and the led screen was ripping off purple splashes all over the screen and the bed's height is so freakin low, the funniest part that their screens worth like 95€ - 110$ 

But yeah when I saw the crack I IMMEDIATELY went to slickwraps and bought a skin (fundamentally the same as dbrand) and a case from amazon where i signed up for the 30 day free prime trial for the EXTREME SPOOD SHIPPING

But anyways the original thing, I made my decision, thanks guys.

if your capable of replacing a quote on quote "non removable" battery then go for the 5000mah phone, otherwise i would go with the cheaper phone, both batteries are easy to replace if you know what your doing.

1 minute ago, GoodEnough said:

if your capable of replacing a quote on quote "non removable" battery then go for the 5000mah phone, otherwise i would go with the cheaper phone, both batteries are easy to replace if you know what your doing.

j7 was "non removable" so that's not the problem.

I have used a redmi 8A, and while the chipset is not that fast, the camera not the best, the screen not that sharp for such a big size, it is still the best phone you can get for that price. On the other hand, battery life is great. You can easily get 2 days of use, and if im not wrong, you can charge it with an 18 watt charger.