Updating Bios on AMD

Go to solution Solved by Master Disaster,
20 minutes ago, Julf94 said:

I have a Ryzen 1600 with an ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F motherboard. Built around Christmas 2017. I only updated the BIOS once, it is currently version 3203 from Jan 2018. 

I'm trying to isolate minor performance problems while gaming hence the reason to update the bios. 

There is 13 new versions after 3203 to become current on updates. 

My question is, can i just flash the latest update from 2020 and be fine, or do i have to go through them one by one to avoid any problems ?

Unfortunately ASUS does not specify which route to take.  

Thanks for your help! 

Be sure to read BEFORE updating since its possible there might be multiple versions of the same BIOS that support different CPUs. You wouldn't want to remove support for your 1st gen Ryzen and replace it with third gen for example.

Edit - I took a look and you're good to go straight to the latest version but before you do you need to update the AMD Chipset Driver, get the latest version for your Chipset direct from AMDs Download page.

I have a Ryzen 1600 with an ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F motherboard. Built around Christmas 2017. I only updated the BIOS once, it is currently version 3203 from Jan 2018. 

I'm trying to isolate minor performance problems while gaming hence the reason to update the bios. 

My question is, can i just flash the latest update from 2020 and be fine, or do i have to go through them one by one to avoid any problems ?

Thanks for your help! 

12 minutes ago, akio123008 said:

afaik you just install the latest one. No point in going through all versions in between.

generally but read the bios update description first, some BIOS update requires the previous version. 

20 minutes ago, Julf94 said:

Thanks for your help! 

Be sure to read BEFORE updating since its possible there might be multiple versions of the same BIOS that support different CPUs. You wouldn't want to remove support for your 1st gen Ryzen and replace it with third gen for example.

Edit - I took a look and you're good to go straight to the latest version but before you do you need to update the AMD Chipset Driver, get the latest version for your Chipset direct from AMDs Download page.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

3 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Just read each update description, non say they are dependent on others. 

non state that they removed ryzen 1 st gen support. 

The latest BIOS says it updates to Agesa 1004B, after brief research it shouldn't affect 1st gen support. 

I think im gonna go for it, fingers crossed

Just completed the flash, it was scary for bit cuz it took longer than a usual bios update and it has to reset like 2 times but after that all was good and stable so far :D 

And yes i did update the chipset drivers earlier this morning from the AMD wesbite :D

thanks everyone