Need some perspective on these O rings

Hey guys,

First time  watercooling. Ordered a bunch of parts from Aliexpress of Barrow and Bykski, received them and am now trying to attach compression fittings to the tubes.

After reading guides and watching videos lol I have realized that either I have the wrong fittings or these are newer than all the guides.

Anybody have experience with these? Are they good? They are requiring a lotttt of force to push the tube in or maybe I am just weak.

Also, can i put an unevenly cut Acrylic Tube atleast without visible cracks in it since these o rings are Huge?

Edit: these fittings are called     Barrow tfykn2 compression fittings

new.jpg

They do look a bit strange, are you meant to have those 2 "O-rings" on both (i.e. silver collar, left O-ring, right O-ring, then the bottom fitting) for 1 tube? I guess if you can get the tube to sit on it and its hard to pull out once sealed, it should be okay.

I've personally never seen such fat supposed O-rings before, but that doesn't mean that they are the wrong ones I suppose.

image.png.ad20f0e6c0ccc2560dfc37b34f2b33c3.png

There ya go. Lots of perspective added to the O-rings.

Ok, now that I got that out of my system, I'd still sand the acrylic flat. Just not worth the risk of possible leaks.

3 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

There ya go. Lots of perspective  distortion added to the O-rings.

Ok, now that I got that out of my system, I'd still sand the acrylic flat. Just not worth the risk of possible leaks.

14 minutes ago, For Science! said:

They do look a bit strange, are you meant to have those 2 "O-rings" on both (i.e. silver collar, left O-ring, right O-ring, then the bottom fitting) for 1 tube? I guess if you can get the tube to sit on it and its hard to pull out once sealed, it should be okay.

I've personally never seen such fat supposed O-rings before, but that doesn't mean that they are the wrong ones I suppose.

No i could only like fit one in so the other must be a spare, havent tested running water in them yet.

14 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

image.png.ad20f0e6c0ccc2560dfc37b34f2b33c3.png

There ya go. Lots of perspective added to the O-rings.

Lol that perspective was all that needed for me to gain knowledge and wisdom about them o rings lmao 😂 

now seriously wtf are they? Why hasnt anyone made a video of them?

1 minute ago, Only a NoOb said:

Lol that perspective was all that needed for me to gain knowledge and wisdom about them o rings lmao 😂 

now seriously wtf are they? Why hasnt anyone made a video of them?

I mean if you strip it down, its basically just a 1 O-ring compression fitting. Nobody really has had issues with the current design so I suppose its kind of a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" situation.

Those aren't Barrow fittings, they are Bykski's Anti Off Rigid fittings or most likely some kind of knock off.... 

It's a new design, and it's tested to hold 15kg of weight once attached properly, here is a link.  https://www.bykski.us/collections/rigid-10x14

I have Barrow fittings as well but they required quite a bit of force in seating the tube properly, I was afraid I'd damaged my chipset at one point. So then I switched over to this style, these ones are a LOT easier to work with and don't require much pressure at all to install, you simply put the black rubber over the tube and gently place it inside the already installed fitting, you must be installing them wrong since you already don't seem to know how they work.

Here's a picture of mine...

by the way I did ye ole PULL THE FITTING OFF TEST WITH BARE HANDS.....  My regular Barrow's came right off, meanwhile these ones took a LOT of strength to pull off, they are on there WAY TIGHER than the typical barrows, that 15kg test they said is for real

IMG_20200715_122227346_HDR.jpg

5 hours ago, Only a NoOb said:

Hey guys,

First time  watercooling. Ordered a bunch of parts from Aliexpress of Barrow and Bykski, received them and am now trying to attach compression fittings to the tubes.

After reading guides and watching videos lol I have realized that either I have the wrong fittings or these are newer than all the guides.

Anybody have experience with these? Are they good? They are requiring a lotttt of force to push the tube in or maybe I am just weak.

Also, can i put an unevenly cut Acrylic Tube atleast without visible cracks in it since these o rings are Huge?

Edit: these fittings are called     Barrow tfykn2 compression fittings

new.jpg

Those black things aren't o-rings. They are called a collet. They way they work... 

Put top silver ring on the tube, slide it up a bit so it's out of the way. Slide the collet on the end of the tube, line it up to the end. Put the bottom silver section on. Slide the top silver down and tighten. 

3 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Those black things aren't o-rings. They are called a collet. They way they work... 

Put top silver ring on the tube, slide it up a bit so it's out of the way. Slide the collet on the end of the tube, line it up to the end. Put the bottom silver section on. Slide the top silver down and tighten. 

hey in the 8 hours since I posted I did various experiments and found that if I dont line the "collet" with the tube rather make it protrude half then it fits perfectly otherwise when i line it to the tube and then slide the tube into the base, the collet just moves up and if i take the base off i can see that the rubber has skid upwards

5 hours ago, SuperStreetFighter said:

Those aren't Barrow fittings, they are Bykski's Anti Off Rigid fittings or most likely some kind of knock off.... 

It's a new design, and it's tested to hold 15kg of weight once attached properly, here is a link.  https://www.bykski.us/collections/rigid-10x14

I have Barrow fittings as well but they required quite a bit of force in seating the tube properly, I was afraid I'd damaged my chipset at one point. So then I switched over to this style, these ones are a LOT easier to work with and don't require much pressure at all to install, you simply put the black rubber over the tube and gently place it inside the already installed fitting, you must be installing them wrong since you already don't seem to know how they work.

Here's a picture of mine...

by the way I did ye ole PULL THE FITTING OFF TEST WITH BARE HANDS.....  My regular Barrow's came right off, meanwhile these ones took a LOT of strength to pull off, they are on there WAY TIGHER than the typical barrows, that 15kg test they said is for real

IMG_20200715_122227346_HDR.jpg

Thanks.

But these Are barrow, heres the link https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000778218668.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2b8e4c4derKmPU

When you screw the two pieces together it squishes the rubber bit making it clamp down on the pipe, it's a super common way of copper pipe fittings in most countries.

This has just been adapted to plastic, it's supposed to slide up past the end, you don't want it at the very end of the tube otherwise it won't make a proper seal.

Not sure what the problem is?

see this video, Instead of a brass ring you have a rubber one: