I need Help! Pc Won’t boot

JamesElopre

hey guys my monitor is like black screen nothing shows up omggg help me my pc rgb and fans are working tho what do i do omg

Just now, JamesElopre said:

hey guys my monitor is like black screen nothing shows up omggg help me my pc rgb and fans are working tho what do i do omg

1. Did your PC work before?
2. What parts are you using?

3. If you have a dedicated videocard, are you sure you're connected to that?

4. Does your monitor say anything about no input?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Yes my pc work before

Yes im connected to the gpu

1 minute ago, JamesElopre said:

You have to use the quote button or @minibois or else we will not see your responses

You can also edit your posts in case you need to add more details.

Edited by Fasauceome

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, minibois said:

1. Did your PC work before?
2. What parts are you using?

3. If you have a dedicated videocard, are you sure you're connected to that?

4. Does your monitor say anything about no input?

image.jpg

2 minutes ago, JamesElopre said:

Yes my pc work before

2 minutes ago, JamesElopre said:

Try changing the video input of your monitor (to something like the correct HDMI/Displayport or AUTO).

I see you have two monitors. Is your PC connected to both and does it show nothing on either?

If possible, connect your PC to a known good monitor to check if it's not just the monitors at fault.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Is your keyboard and mouse RGB supposed to be off too? Just curious if there's something else going on. You're sure your monitor is plugged into your GPU?

What specs?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Plug the HDMI or the Display cable into the motherboard. Sometimes if you have a CPU with integrated graphics the CPU may take priority over the GPU. I have had what im describing happen to me before. I just went into the Control panel and I had to enable the GPU from the hardware app.

If you have integrated graphics, then remove GPU and user em. Or change to HDMI to check. I m just trying to see what is dead

Edited by PeachGr

Also Do a dead port check, If your display supports two HDMI swap the ports also the same on the GPU if it is rocking two HDMI ports. Also try a different cable.

BTW... Sick looking rig :P

28 minutes ago, Voluspa said:

Is your keyboard and mouse RGB supposed to be off too? Just curious if there's something else going on. You're sure your monitor is plugged into your GPU?

What specs?

@Voluspa apparently the rgb should be on 

Specs 

ᴀsᴜs ʀᴏɢ sᴛʀɪx ɢᴇғᴏʀᴄᴇ ɢᴛx 𝟷𝟶𝟾𝟶 ᴛɪ ᴏᴄ
ᴀᴍᴅ ʀʏᴢᴇɴ 7 𝟷𝟾𝟶𝟶x
ᴀsᴜs ʀᴏɢ sᴛʀɪx ʙ𝟹𝟻𝟶-ғ
ɢ.sᴋɪʟʟ ᴛʀɪᴅᴇɴᴛᴢ ʀɢʙ 𝟷𝟼 ɢʙ
ᴄᴏᴏʟᴇʀ ᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀʟɪǫᴜɪᴅ 𝟸𝟺𝟶
ᴄᴏʀsᴀɪʀ 𝟺𝟶𝟶ᴄ ᴄᴀsᴇ
ᴇᴠɢᴀ sᴜᴘᴇʀɴᴏᴠᴀ 𝟽𝟻𝟶 ɢ𝟸

Guys so I updated my bios and after that I did save on bios and load the pc and my pc is just black screen I needdd help 

Specs 

ᴀsᴜs ʀᴏɢ sᴛʀɪx ɢᴇғᴏʀᴄᴇ ɢᴛx 𝟷𝟶𝟾𝟶 ᴛɪ ᴏᴄ
ᴀᴍᴅ ʀʏᴢᴇɴ 7 𝟷𝟾𝟶𝟶x
ᴀsᴜs ʀᴏɢ sᴛʀɪx ʙ𝟹𝟻𝟶-ғ
ɢ.sᴋɪʟʟ ᴛʀɪᴅᴇɴᴛᴢ ʀɢʙ 𝟷𝟼 ɢʙ
ᴄᴏᴏʟᴇʀ ᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ ᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀʟɪǫᴜɪᴅ 𝟸𝟺𝟶
ᴄᴏʀsᴀɪʀ 𝟺𝟶𝟶ᴄ ᴄᴀsᴇ
ᴇᴠɢᴀ sᴜᴘᴇʀɴᴏᴠᴀ 𝟽𝟻𝟶 ɢ𝟸

4EAC348F-0CA7-4AB7-876A-3BEED5952454.png

Shut the pc off and clear the cmos.

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

Also merged to original. Please post only once and to correct subforum.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Always start with a power cycle. Turn it off,  unplug powersupply, press power button (sometimes it lights up for a second then dies) then return power and try again. It's the light heal of the tech world.

It looks like that model of motherboard doesn't have an error code readout, but it does have the header for a speaker. Often (though not always) motherboards come with one in the box. Try plugging that in and see if it give you an error code. 

Had a problem just like it recently.

Turned out to be the Display Port cable that was defective.

Try to replace the display cable. Try to use both an Display Port and HDMI. Remember to change the input port on your monitor.