Size/Font on mobile

piratemonkey

On mobile, there's no way to change the size and font of text for the editor (what I'm typing in) unless I request the desktop site (which is jank)

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

31 minutes ago, piratemonkey said:

On mobile, there's no way to change the size and font of text for the editor (what I'm typing in) unless I request the desktop site (which is jank)

I've noticed that too and think it's annoying.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

The editor apparently can't be configured to show multiple rows. Even though it goes to two rows on mobile.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

The editor apparently can't be configured to show multiple rows. Even though it goes to two rows on mobile.

If we put all the buttons in, it would come to 3 rows (at least, I'm aware of some bad layout behaviour that could cause it to go to more), which has always seemed a little excessive to me.

Size in particular is one that doesn't get used very much on any platform, so I'm curious why you want to use it on mobile?

HTTP/2 203

I'd also be interested in adding the Size/Font buttons. The two buttons are also missing if the browser window (on PC) is reduced under a certain width. (I'm only a 24.5" monitor pleb. 😭) I think the site uses the mobile/tablet layout for the page at that point? Responsiveness and all that.

3 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Size in particular is one that doesn't get used very much on any platform, so I'm curious why you want to use it on mobile?

I mostly change the size or font of my posts in PMs/status updates.

Could also see it being useful when mobile users copy and paste text/links from another site to the forums, which often makes the pasted text either too large or too small. I suspect some people miss the "Pasted as rich text. Paste as plain text instead." notif at the bottom of the reply box.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

9 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Sometimes I might want to add something as a little "Ha Ha" For example, if I wanted to say something about an alternative motive to posting this, I'd do it like this. and sometimes strike through isn't what I want

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct