where to connect powerSW +/-?

frozensun

Guys where do I connect PowerSW+/- on Q-Connector?

With case I also got speaker and since I'm old school don't know where to connect it with motherboard?

20200718_095704.jpg

20200718_095713.jpg

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

Ground/PWR.

For speaker (and that too) see mobo manual. Some mobos don't have a connector for it anymore.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

Ground/PWR.

For speaker (and that too) see mobo manual. Some mobos don't have a connector for it anymore.

Ground to Power SW +

PWR to Power SW -

or opposite?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Doesn't matter, it's just a switch.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

Just now, Kilrah said:

Doesn't matter, it's just a switch.

eerrm what switch?plz explain

10 minutes ago, frozensun said:

eerrm what switch?plz explain

Your PC's power switch is at the other end of that cable.

To power on, it just has to connect both pins temporarily. E.g to test your PC you can just short those two pins with anything conductive. Therefore direction doesn't matter like it would with e.g. an LED.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

According to this + to connect to PWR and - to GND,right guys?

I connected POWERSW + to PWR and POWERSW - to GND.

Is that okay?

1 minute ago, frozensun said:

According to this + to connect to PWR and - to GND,right guys?

As @Kilrah said, the direction doesn't matter in this case. The other side of that cable is a switch which has no "direction". But yes, technically pwr is the positive side.

I would install them so that the writing faces the same way, so you can see what it is later on.

okay.

where do I connect case speaker.

Board is Crosshair Hero VIII.

6 minutes ago, frozensun said:

okay.

where do I connect case speaker.

Board is Crosshair Hero VIII.

Does it have a header that says spkr or similar, e.g. on the other side of tha block? Some boards don't have one and come with a built in speaker. I'm mobile so I can't really search through its handbook.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_CROSSHAIR_VIII_HERO/E15379_ROG_CROSSHAIR_VIII_HERO_UM_WEB.pdf&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiWqemxs9bqAhVR-aQKHbcWBq0QFjABegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw35_L5gTkNh2xv1iiotn0u5

Search for "Speaker".

1 minute ago, Eigenvektor said:

Does it have a header that says spkr or similar, e.g. on the other side of tha block? Some boards don't have one and come with a built in speaker. I'm mobile so I can't really search through its handbook.

Page 1-24
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_CROSSHAIR_VIII_HERO/E15379_ROG_CROSSHAIR_VIII_HERO_UM_WEB.pdf

From speaker I have 2 wires red(+) and black(-),where to conect each of them?

2 minutes ago, frozensun said:

From speaker I have 2 wires red and black,where to conect each of them?

Normally red to +. But for a simple speaker it doesn't actually matter either.

Look at the manual,there is Pin 1,is that for + or -?
it's the first pin from 4-pin connector for speaker.

It probably won't matter. Nothing bad will happen if you put it the wrong way, it just won't work. Same for the leds.  Switches don't have polarity, you can insert them either way, they literally just connect the two pins together momentarily when the button is pushed.  

When in doubt, look on connectors for an arrow, that will be the + or the wire that's not black (ground, negative).

Another way... Look at the other connectors you plugged, see on which side is the text ... for example see the HDD LED connector, the text on the connector is towards the outside so that it can be visible.

3 minutes ago, mariushm said:

It probably won't matter. Nothing bad will happen if you put it the wrong way, it just won't work. Same for the leds.  Switches don't have polarity, you can insert them either way, they literally just connect the two pins together momentarily when the button is pushed.  

When in doubt, look on connectors for an arrow, that will be the + or the wire that's not black (ground, negative).

Another way... Look at the other connectors you plugged, see on which side is the text ... for example see the HDD LED connector, the text on the connector is towards the outside so that it can be visible.

So Pin1 for speaker is + or -?

Nobody knows since it's not written. Read the answers you're given...

F@H

GPD Win 2

2 minutes ago, frozensun said:

So Pin1 for speaker is + or -?

Probably +, but as I said above for a simple speaker it doesn't actually matter, just like a switch.

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

Nobody knows since it's not written. Read the answers you're given...

page 1-24 look at the picture, Pin 1 is first pin on connector...

Yes but it doesn't say if it's + or -... So there's no way to know.

F@H

GPD Win 2