Ryzen 4000 IPC boost could be around 20%

6 minutes ago, Loote said:

10 years ago I bought a basic 1080p 22' screen for a bit under $100, today for that money I could get the same. For a person who wants a bigger screen with higher resolution and doesn't need more than 60Hz the situation is really painful. I'd argue worse then GPU stuff, especially because there is nothing like new generation of monitors coming out which will make the old ones go down in price, on the contrary, we often get less for more.

The new CPUs are nice though.

the low end of the market is much less profitable, and much closer to material cost so lowering prices is pretty hard, but for example when i bought by 21:9 75hz ips screen it cost 300 bucks now the same specs can be had for 200 which is a good improvement

8 hours ago, 5x5 said:

I'm just going by the data from local PC building services. Nobody buys a 2080 Ti for 1080p - it's unheard of here. Anyone with that kind of card always has 1440p @ 144Hz or 4K

And why not 1080p at 144Hz ? So it can actually easily achieve that in any game no matter the details...

26 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

And why not 1080p at 144Hz ? So it can actually easily achieve that in any game no matter the details...

Because at that point you're fine with a 2070S at 1/3 the price. Most people don't see a point in overspending on stuff they don't need.

There's a difference between "fine" and "absolutely worry free no matter what"...

People would also say my GTX 1080Ti was overkill for 1080p, but I can throw anything I want at it and it runs it at max details easily and butter smooth. If it's not smooth it's because game is shit, it's as simple as that. Throw in ray tracing and I doubt that RTX 2070 is enough for really worry free experience at any detail.

15 minutes ago, Escanor said:

That is an issue with your system probably cos your of ram kit, is it even on compatibility list for your system ?

Thermal paste on cpu. It's fine now.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

19 hours ago, leadeater said:

Right now my monitor is probably worth more than my GPUs, Dell U3014 powered by ancient 2x 290X. Damn GPU prices suck hard still. 

@LinusTechplease sort this travesty!

CPU: Ryzen 2700x Cooler: NZXT x52 Kraken Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair Vii RAM: Team Darkgroup 3600 16GB DDR4 GPU: Palit GTX 1080 Gamerock SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256 GB, 500gb 870 Evo, 250gb 970 Evo m.2 HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracude Case: Meshify C PSU: Corsair AX860i OS: Windows 10 Pro

Laptop: MSI GS70 2QE