How to set a case fan to constant speed all time

harriizz

I have a PWM Fan that I want to always run at 30% but i dont know how in SpeedFan.When i turn on my pc its at 60% always.Is it even possible with speedfan or i have to use some different softwarem

Just create a fan curve that's a flat line at 30%.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

If you have your connectors connected right to the MB, try checking in the BIOS/UEFI configurations and see if you can manually set them there.

https://www.howtogeek.com/275339/how-to-auto-control-your-pcs-fans-for-cool-quiet-operation/ (if you have a 3 prong to a 4 sided connector or vise versa)

https://www.ekwb.com/blog/what-is-pwm-and-how-does-it-work/

some links to help you

Just don't setup curves. The controls on front page are for basic percentage controlling.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

In your BIOS/UEFI the motherboard allows you to control the speed of fans connected to it. Each manufacturer has different ways on controlling the speed but you should be able to set it somewhere close to 30% if that's what you want.

3 hours ago, harriizz said:

I have a PWM Fan that I want to always run at 30% but i dont know how in SpeedFan.When i turn on my pc its at 60% always.Is it even possible with speedfan or i have to use some different softwarem

What motherboard?

Like @Windows7ge said, your bios should let you do this. For my gigabyte board, you can set custom fan curves and the last point has to be 100% but you can move it out to 100C and just make the rest of the "curve" a flat line at 30%

I tried seting up a fan curve and when i after setting up curve check automatic speed it goes to 100% speed automatically.Ma mobo is H81M-R and only thing on there for fans is Q-FAN Control and u can put in 3 speeds Silent (3720RPM) Normal (3734 RPM) and Turbo (3737 RPM) it changes almost nothing.

What motherboard do you have speifically? Whats the full name, not just the brand name?

On 7/13/2020 at 2:04 PM, harriizz said:

I tried seting up a fan curve and when i after setting up curve check automatic speed it goes to 100% speed automatically.Ma mobo is H81M-R and only thing on there for fans is Q-FAN Control and u can put in 3 speeds Silent (3720RPM) Normal (3734 RPM) and Turbo (3737 RPM) it changes almost nothing.

Do you have Warning temp set to some fairly low number? Thats probably the issue. In SpeedFan, warning temp is the point where it sets all fans to full speed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv