1080 ti used vs 5700xt

Anas Dweik
Go to solution Solved by hollyh88,
2 hours ago, Anas Dweik said:

But when is the next gen cards? Because i have 2k screen and i am using r9 390x

that would be in about 2 months from now on. you can expect at the very least the 3080 and above to be released. athough.. specs for the 3070/ti have also been released meaning perhaps they will also release then. so.. if you can wait you should. and yet people always joke about waiting and then waiting more but there is a difference between 2 months and 1 year :P i personally am happy with my 2070 super. but knowing nvidia they always release something more months later. but ill probably wait and get an rtx 4000 series :)

point being.. wait. then see if prices drop for a 2070 super which they will. or get a 3070 and enjoy a nice perf bump over the 5700xt and 1080ti. since you are using a "2k" monitor this will be the better bet for you. since you will certainly profit from a much better gpu that will only release in a few weeks over these "older" ones.

2 hours ago, Anas Dweik said:

But when is the next gen cards? Because i have 2k screen and i am using r9 390x

that would be in about 2 months from now on. you can expect at the very least the 3080 and above to be released. athough.. specs for the 3070/ti have also been released meaning perhaps they will also release then. so.. if you can wait you should. and yet people always joke about waiting and then waiting more but there is a difference between 2 months and 1 year :P i personally am happy with my 2070 super. but knowing nvidia they always release something more months later. but ill probably wait and get an rtx 4000 series :)

point being.. wait. then see if prices drop for a 2070 super which they will. or get a 3070 and enjoy a nice perf bump over the 5700xt and 1080ti. since you are using a "2k" monitor this will be the better bet for you. since you will certainly profit from a much better gpu that will only release in a few weeks over these "older" ones.

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate