My rig for 2014

ShutUpNicotine

The first build i ever did was back in 2009 and was a hunk of junk to begin with so i figured it was time for a massive upgrade. This isn't some Ultimate Extreme $6,000 water cooled monster that would eat me while i'm sleeping (That's next years build :D) and it's not something that is going to win any beauty pageants. But instead what i see as a realistic high end build.

CPU: Intel I7 4770K

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 780Ti

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D

MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX LGA1150

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3

PSU: Corsair AXi760W 80+ Platinum 

Fans/Cooler: Two Noctua NF-F12 front intake, Two NF-S12A bottom intake, Four NF-S12A Exhaust, and an NH-D14 CPU cooler

Monitor: Acer 27" LED

​Peripherals: Ducky Shine 3 Tuhaojin Cherry MX Browns, Razer Blacksharks, Razer Abyssus (I know alot of people hate on Razer but i've never had a problem with them and the Abyssus just fits my hand so damn well)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM and a Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD

Optical Drive: Asus External thingy (can't exactly remember)

Total Cost(incl. Shipping):  $2,874.76 USD

And after gaming a good 12 hours on this rig since i got it and doing work stuff for even longer i am very happy with it, worth every penny! Please leave you comments and constructive criticism in the comments. Thanks to every on the LTT Forum for helping with hardware decisions, troubleshooting, and just general advice. You guys helped a lot!

post-52677-0-85847900-1393655255.jpg

post-52677-0-84312900-1393655263.jpg

post-52677-0-55508400-1393655281.jpg

post-52677-0-95232500-1393655284.jpg

post-52677-0-85951200-1393655287.jpg

post-52677-0-48722500-1393655290.jpg

post-52677-0-80975100-1393655296.jpg

post-52677-0-01431000-1393655301.jpg

post-52677-0-19693000-1393655309.jpg

Oh god blue and purple text. I cannot read that at allllllllllllll.

Nice! As much as I love Noctua...that color...

Should last you a few years at least :)

Any plans on upgrading that monitor?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Very nice! Much love for Noctua I see; I'm right with ya. I was a little disappointed that I saw the stock cooler on the CPU, that is until I saw the last picture. :)

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Nice! As much as I love Noctua...that color...

Should last you a few years at least :)

Any plans on upgrading that monitor?

The monitor is a lot better than i thought it would be. I bought it when i had my old rig so i wasn't too worried about a big fancy one but even hooked up to my new one and with the money to be able to buy a new monitor i don't think i will for quite a while. I'll get a new one next year for my Overkill watercooled build, probably a 4K with Gsync if i could afford it

The monitor is a lot better than i thought it would be. I bought it when i had my old rig so i wasn't too worried about a big fancy one but even hooked up to my new one and with the money to be able to buy a new monitor i don't think i will for quite a while. I'll get a new one next year for my Overkill watercooled build, probably a 4K with Gsync if i could afford it

Nice.

Haha, I don't think 4k will be viable for 2 years, and I definitely don't think GSync will hit it for at least that long.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

One other thing i forgot to mention is i'm running Windows 8.1 and i surprisingly love it. The Metro thing is weird but sometimes handy when i need it but i still live on the desktop area of it. It is also slightly quicker

Nice.

Haha, I don't think 4k will be viable for 2 years, and I definitely don't think GSync will hit it for at least that long.

Gives me plenty of time to save up the fortune it would take to buy it then!

One other thing i forgot to mention is i'm running Windows 8.1 and i surprisingly love it. The Metro thing is weird but sometimes handy when i need it but i still live on the desktop area of it. It is also slightly quicker

Use it to run news and weather apps :P Best use I've found for it.

Use it to run news and weather apps :P Best use I've found for it.

That and all the junk i don't want crowding my desktop

That and all the junk i don't want crowding my desktop

I just hide icons on my desktop, I've got too much crap I need to clean up on it. Easier way of putting that off until later... :)

I love that you filled every fan slot possible :) that's what I do.

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

God, most silent build of all time?

I can't even hear it unless i put my ear right next to it!

Oh god blue and purple text. I cannot read that at allllllllllllll.

Pro tip: highlight all the text and it becomes white :OOOOOO

Build looks great, besides the Noctua fans but I'm sure they perform really well. You should pick up some magnetic dust filters for the bottom intakes if you haven't already ;). Interested to see some temperatures with the bottom fans installed, when you have the time. Been thinking about adding some for additional GPU cooling.

My god Noctua, they may perform well but they look vile......

Build looks great, besides the Noctua fans but I'm sure they perform really well. You should pick up some magnetic dust filters for the bottom intakes if you haven't already ;). Interested to see some temperatures with the bottom fans installed, when you have the time. Been thinking about adding some for additional GPU cooling.

When i get back home i will take a look  at temps and post them, i am out of town on business at the moment. And the magnetic filter that sits on top of the 750D, i took it and cut it down to fit and used velcro so it would stick to the bottom

My god Noctua, they may perform well but they look vile......

A lot of people say they don't like the look but i actually like the way they look, maybe because they match the wooden walls in my house

Pro tip: highlight all the text and it becomes white :OOOOOO

That's what I did, it's still frustrating that those colors for text are impossible for me to see.

I'll also post some pictures of my Ducky Tuhaojin and Razer abysses i got today if any of you are interested

That's what I did, it's still frustrating that those colors for text are impossible for me to see.

Sorry about that, it's hard to know what to make them so everyone can see it other than black with differences in screens and all.

Sorry about that, it's hard to know what to make them so everyone can see it other than black with differences in screens and all.

It's fine, it's just my eyes I think. There's an icerink a few minutes away from where I live and it's got a big neon sign that's purple text. I can't read that, ever.

Sorry it took me so long, been very busy. But here are my temperatures. CPU: 34 C GPU: 24 C Other internals: 22 C, all with no overclocking