Warranty Help

Any Tech

Hi, can anyone help me out here, i brought an Hp Elitebook x360 1030 G2 on ebay for under half of the original price. it was new in the box closed up with an active 3 year warranty. i have been having problems with it and after Hp messed around with me for a month (they promised me to call me around five times - they never did, they kept on pushing me off, and were extremely unhelpful), finally they sent someone for an onsite repair. but he just wrecked my laptop even more, now HP are offering to buy back the device from me from the price i got it, shouldn't i be entitled to get the full original cost of the laptop back? i have a warranty!?

1 minute ago, Any Tech said:

Hi, can anyone help me out here, i brought an Hp Elitebook x360 1030 G2 on ebay for under half of the original price. it was new in the box closed up with an active 3 year warranty. i have been having problems with it and after Hp messed around with me for a month (they promised me to call me around five times - they never did, they kept on pushing me off, and were extremely unhelpful), finally they sent someone for an onsite repair. but he just wrecked my laptop even more, now HP are offering to buy back the device from me from the price i got it, shouldn't i be entitled to get the full original cost of the laptop back? i have a warranty!?

Consider yourself fortunate they are going to offer to buy it back for what you paid. Don't be greedy. Take it and consider this a lesson learned. DOn't buy HP products

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Do they know that it was used when you bought it and how much you paid? They might be saying theyll give you how much you paid and assume you paid full retail.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

2 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Yeah, that's crap. Tell them your name is Karen and ask to speak to the manager, and demand either a replacement device or a full refund for the sticker price.

I tried speaking to the manager, thats when they told me they would call me but they never did!

2 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

Do they know that it was used when you bought it and how much you paid? They might be saying theyll give you how much you paid and assume you paid full retail.

It was not used when i brought it. they want me to jusy sell them the laptop back for how much i paid, but thats after weeks of trying to sort it out, only to get nowhere. i recently started a youtube channel and its been making it sooo complictaed trying to video edit on a broken laptop! but they have messed me about for weeks and finally when the onsite repair guy completely wrecked it they expect me to be happy with what i paid. i expect a little more than that after what they did to me!

1 minute ago, Any Tech said:

It was not used when i brought it. they want me to jusy sell them the laptop back for how much i paid, but thats after weeks of trying to sort it out, only to get nowhere. i recently started a youtube channel and its been making it sooo complictaed trying to video edit on a broken laptop! but they have messed me about for weeks and finally when the onsite repair guy completely wrecked it they expect me to be happy with what i paid. i expect a little more than that after what they did to me!

But do they know how much you paid for it?

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

Just now, zeusthemoose said:

But do they know how much you paid for it?

Yes, they needed my ebay invoice, but now they are just taking advantage of me, as they will only give me what i paid for not what it costs!

Just now, Any Tech said:

they are just taking advantage of me

No, you are trying to take advantage of them, trying to get back double what it cost you.

Don't be greedy

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

this is part of my last chat with them, after they offered to buy it back from me for how much i paid for it:

ME

Hi, I understand that but its really not nice how you messed me about for the past month or so. I was promised call after call and never did get called. I went through live chat after a live chat. and you have been messing me about and I really feel like you are taking advantage of me! and now I have no idea what I am going to use as a laptop and I probable won't find a good one at a good price, which means I'll be without a laptop for quite a while!
HP

We are sorry you feel you’ve been taken advantage of and treated unfairly. The warranty process requires extensive troubleshooting and diagnostics, which takes time, computers are complex devices and it is not always easy to find the source of the problem. What would you consider a fair solution in this instance.

ME
Well, as I was really getting fed up with what is going on, I think it would be perfectly fair for a customer that went through what I did to request compensation. and I would need a temporary device until I find a new good priced one for me to use.
HP

HP does not provide an option for a loaner unit and does not accept claims for compensation and will in no event be liable for any damages caused by the product or the failure of the product to perform, including any lost profits or savings, business interruption, loss of use or any other commercial or economic loss of any kind, or special, incremental, or consequential damages. This is clearly stated in the T & C’s of all our warranties.

In this instance HP can offer to either buy the device back for the original amount paid or have another attempt at repairing it as per the warranty entitlement. Please let us know how would you like us to proceed

6 minutes ago, Any Tech said:

Yes, they needed my ebay invoice, but now they are just taking advantage of me, as they will only give me what i paid for not what it costs!

Yes, but when i started having problems with it i originally just asked for a refund of what i paid for it, but they wouldn't give it to me. but now after weeks of being messed around with, they broke it and expect me to be happy with a refund for wht i paid for.

Just now, Any Tech said:

Yes, but when i started having problems with it i originally just asked for a refund of what i paid for it, but they wouldn't give it to me. but now after weeks of being messed around with, they broke it and expect me to be happy with a refund for wht i paid for.

That is not how they should treat a customer!