Vega 11 good enough for Photoshop and Illustrator?

Hello everyone! I want to build a PC for entry level work with Photoshop and Illustrator. I was wondering if these specs would be good enough:
-CPU: Ryzen 5 3400g (or 3200g)
-GPU: Vega 11 (integrated)
-RAM: 8 GB (Or 16 if it'd make a difference)
-SSD: around 500 GB (Exact model to be determined)

I'm specially worried about using the integrated GPU, if it's necessary for decent performance to have a dedicated GPU. Going for the 3200g would be going too low?

Also, if going for 16 GB would make a difference, and if 2666 MHz would be enough. Thank you!

Photoshop doesn't really take advantage of GPU power too much, it's mostly CPU reliant, particularly in single-threaded performance most of the time.

I'd go for 16GB of memory though (two 8GB sticks, not one 16GB), and something around 3000/3200MHz would be better.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

6 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Photoshop doesn't really take advantage of GPU power too much, it's mostly CPU reliant, particularly in single-threaded performance most of the time.

I'd go for 16GB of memory though (two 8GB sticks, not one 16GB), and something around 3000/3200MHz would be better.

Thank you! What about Illustrator? Is it the same as Photoshop?

I used the 3500U, which had Vega 8, and even that was plenty fast for illustrator and photoshop. Note, i used 16gb of ram, 2x8 for dual channel.

Ryzen 3400g is good for both of the programs, 3200 would work well too.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

21 minutes ago, ivan3dx said:

Thank you! What about Illustrator? Is it the same as Photoshop?

To be perfectly honest I've never really used Illustrator, so I can't tell accurately. Puget also doesn't list component recommendations for Illustrator, so I'm not sure.

If I had to guess I'd say it's will be similar to Photoshop, but I'm not totally certain.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

11 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

To be perfectly honest I've never really used Illustrator, so I can't tell accurately. Puget also doesn't list component recommendations for Illustrator, so I'm not sure.

If I had to guess I'd say it's will be similar to Photoshop, but I'm not totally certain.

Illustrator is even less gpu reliant. It's pure math in the end.

Thanks so much to everyone here! You helped a lot

4 hours ago, ivan3dx said:

Hello everyone! I want to build a PC for entry level work with Photoshop and Illustrator. I was wondering if these specs would be good enough:
-CPU: Ryzen 5 3400g (or 3200g)
-GPU: Vega 11 (integrated)
-RAM: 8 GB (Or 16 if it'd make a difference)
-SSD: around 500 GB (Exact model to be determined)

I'm specially worried about using the integrated GPU, if it's necessary for decent performance to have a dedicated GPU. Going for the 3200g would be going too low?

Also, if going for 16 GB would make a difference, and if 2666 MHz would be enough. Thank you!

As the others already mentiomend, gpu doesnt matter much for your case.

Memory speed youll never notice a difference from with ps and illustrator, even old 2133 laying around would suffice.

I would recommend 16gb though, esp if using layers and high resolution material on multiple layers in photoshop and/or if using both these two applications at the same time (or having lagre/multiple multiple projects open at once).

Edited by Bartholomew
Typos

21 minutes ago, Bartholomew said:

As the others already mentiomend, gpu doesnt matter much for your case.

Memory speed youll never notice a difference from with ps and illustrator, even old 2133 laying around would suffice.

I would recommend 16gb though, esp if using layers and high resolution material on multiple layers in photoshop and/or if using both these two applications at the same time (or having lagre/multiple multiple projects open at once).

Funny enough memory speed will matter as both illustrator and ps are still mostly single core programs so having the boost that faster memory gives and having it in dual channel will be noticed.

10 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Funny enough memory speed will matter as both illustrator and ps are still mostly single core programs so having the boost that faster memory gives and having it in dual channel will be noticed.

It will matter but not be meaningfully noticed in photoshop or illustrator.

I went from an i5 with 2133 to r9 with 3200 (for other requirements than photoshop) and photoshop is....well, still photoshop 😂, just like illustrator.

They are still singlecore because theres little to be had since most (average users) operations are instant or quick  <1sec anyway. Hence having a 5% improvement (which is optimistic anyway) from faster mem will go unnoticed. 

Running out of mem (or rather, turning to swapdrive mem), that will bring thjngs to annoying levels quickly though.

This isnt to say for ryzen 3000 its a good idea to purchase below 3000mhz mem if buying new, but if these 2 are the only 2 applications in use, and already have 16 ro 32gb ddr4 laying around, its a waste of material and money to recycle that in favour of new bought ram.

On 7/10/2020 at 12:48 AM, Bartholomew said:

It will matter but not be meaningfully noticed in photoshop or illustrator.

I went from an i5 with 2133 to r9 with 3200 (for other requirements than photoshop) and photoshop is....well, still photoshop 😂, just like illustrator.

They are still singlecore because theres little to be had since most (average users) operations are instant or quick  <1sec anyway. Hence having a 5% improvement (which is optimistic anyway) from faster mem will go unnoticed. 

Running out of mem (or rather, turning to swapdrive mem), that will bring thjngs to annoying levels quickly though.

This isnt to say for ryzen 3000 its a good idea to purchase below 3000mhz mem if buying new, but if these 2 are the only 2 applications in use, and already have 16 ro 32gb ddr4 laying around, its a waste of material and money to recycle that in favour of new bought ram.

That is an i5. Intel isn't that memory speed dependent. Amd is very much so so it does help a lot to at least go for 3000mhz.

On 7/9/2020 at 8:33 PM, jaslion said:

Illustrator is even less gpu reliant. It's pure math in the end.

Not really. Bitmaps are just displayed on screen, while vector graphics must be rendered. But that is not important because both programs can run basically on every hardware.