Is there any way to overclock OEM systems?

I read something about GenClock beeing able to overclock some oem systems(?)

I have a HP Compaq 8300, that still is decent in some games, but would benefit from a core clock increase.

Is there any other program like Genclock? It didnt seem to work on this HP motherboard.

i9-9900k 5.0ghz, 16gb Corsair 3600mhz, Asrock phantom itx z390 Mobo, RTX 3060ti, 1TB+1TB Western digital NVME, InWin A1, Noctua NH-U12S

You should be able to overclock in the bios? But I wouldn’t recommend it as the power supplies on prebuilts are often trash and waiting to burn, especially when there is an overclock.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

Just now, zeusthemoose said:

You should be able to overclock in the bios? But I wouldn’t recommend it as the power supplies on prebuilts are often trash and waiting to burn, especially when there is an overclock.

True.... But no, there is no OC option in bios. Only intel boost and hyperthreading option.

i9-9900k 5.0ghz, 16gb Corsair 3600mhz, Asrock phantom itx z390 Mobo, RTX 3060ti, 1TB+1TB Western digital NVME, InWin A1, Noctua NH-U12S

Clockgen is ancient, I remember it being used C2D era. So thats simply not going to work with anything later on. Your only option is Intel XTU, if that doesnt work thats it.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

4 minutes ago, T0MMEN said:

I read something about GenClock beeing able to overclock some oem systems(?)

I have a HP Compaq 8300, that still is decent in some games, but would benefit from a core clock increase.

Is there any other program like Genclock? It didnt seem to work on this HP motherboard.

You can usually OC OEM systems that are based on the same chipset as a third party (eg z-series chipsets for Intel), but beyond that usually you're very limited.

Keep in mind that any gains you get from an old system OC are typically not worth the effort unless you just want to see it let the magic smoke out.

we have a few of those collecting dust at the office, here's your advice: DONT.

even if you could overclock, the power budget is NOT there, the cooling budget is NOT there, the board isnt built to handle it.

enjoy it for what it is, trying to overclock one of those is about as productive as seeing if it's bulletproof.