Here is a weird request

A long time ago someone sent me a little game/puzzle. It was a Christmas photo of their family. What they did was take a Xmas themed photo ran it thru some kind of software (can't remember what it was) and it turned it into a puzzle of about 50 pieces. It would then turn it into an exe and when opened you had to put it together, It would be a stand alone and you wouldn't require any special program to put the puzzle together. My wife and I are coming up to our 25th anniversary and we thought it would be a cool way to send out invites. Any help would be appreciated!

So you want to send out puzzles? Puzzles need to be die cut generally.  Making razor dies is hella expensive.  My suspicion is there was only ever one puzzle design, and they just stick the photos to them and die cut them.  It’s real likely that there’s some company or other that still does it.  It will be a thing where you send them the photo and they make the puzzle and send it out.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

You will have a very hard time getting people to download an executable from your email and run it.

Try looking for websites which offer puzzles and allow you to upload images that convert into puzzle pieces - maybe you can have an account and share a link to your puzzle while keeping the puzzle private or unlisted (so random people don't stumble upon it)

This way you can simply send a link in the email.

For example see maybe : https://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=explore&tp=1