Are 5 watts really going to damage my laptop?

Hi everyone!

I have an Asus laptop that can be charged via USB-C PD. The manual says that:

142404589_Annotation2020-07-01190032.png.9116938468e4f823833c2d4adefe902f.png

and says this:

Annotation 2020-07-01 190225.png

I also have a power bank that I would like to use to charge the laptop just 1 or 2 times a month. Maybe less. This is the output information of said power bank:

1187196469_Annotation2020-07-01184136.png.1dbeb0927fd12c17ea33ba6c268b4ba5.png

So, it can deliver 60 watts (20V 3A) and the power rating listed for the laptop is 65 watts (20V 3.25A). My question is: is that difference of 5 watts significant enough to really damage the battery? 

Thank you!!

Well I'm not sure about 5 watts but one thing I could see is if the wattage is higher than what is rated, it can over time damage the charging system. If you ever watch a Louis Rossmann YT video on him repairing MacBooks because they cannot charge anymore, its because the customer is not using the charger that came with machine.

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Well I'm not sure about 5 watts but one thing I could see is if the wattage is higher than what is rated, it can over time damage the charging system. If you ever watch a Louis Rossmann YT video on him repairing MacBooks because they cannot charge anymore, its because the customer is not using the charger that came with machine.

Thank you. In this case it would be 5 watts less than rated by Asus. Is less wattage going to damage the battery? The voltage is the same. The difference is the amperage (3A vs 3.25A). 

3 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

being under in amperage is fine, if you wanna be super safe just avoid doing any heavy load while using the power bank (even tho its probs fine).

Oh oops, read the question and thought it was based off that compared to 3.25A. 0.25A lower should be ok I believe. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

being under in amperage is fine, if you wanna be super safe just avoid doing any heavy load while using the power bank (even tho its probs fine).

Thank you. Yes, that is what I tough. My main concern is that is going to overheat the battery as sometimes happens if you use a slower charger on a phone. 

2 minutes ago, eera5607 said:

Thank you. Yes, that is what I tough. My main concern is that is going to overheat the battery as sometimes happens if you use a slower charger on a phone. 

I would highly advise you don't use knock off chargers. They're usually very shit and can indeed cause damage. Same for cheap battery banks, they are designed for replaceable phones, not expensive laptops. Proceed at your own risk

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

I would highly advise you don't use knock off chargers. They're usually very shit and can indeed cause damage. Same for cheap battery banks, they are designed for replaceable phones, not expensive laptops. Proceed at your own risk

Thanks. Would you trust this one? https://www.amazon.com/Portable-RAVPower-20000mAh-High-Capacity-Compatible/dp/B082PGS78L/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=RAVPower+PD+Pioneer+20000mAh+60W+2-Port+Power+Bank&qid=1593654021&refresh=2&sr=8-3 

I have use for a few months and seems to be fine and of decent quality. It has 4.8 stars on Amazon, and it is advertised as a power bank even for laptops.

1 minute ago, eera5607 said:

Thanks. Would you trust this one? https://www.amazon.com/Portable-RAVPower-20000mAh-High-Capacity-Compatible/dp/B082PGS78L/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=RAVPower+PD+Pioneer+20000mAh+60W+2-Port+Power+Bank&qid=1593654021&refresh=2&sr=8-3 

I have use for a few months and seems to be fine and of decent quality. It has 4.8 stars on Amazon, and it is advertised as a power bank even for laptops.

I wouldnt trust it with anything other than my 100$ phone, let alone an expensive laptop