graphic card for display output

hello

i am purchasing a rtx 2060s or a 5700xt. i want these cards to be used only for while i play games. is as wondering if it is possible to put in a second GPU in there so that i can use it for when im not gaming. if yes, which one would you recommend under 30-40 USD?

馃槙

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Why do you want a second gpu? Just use the main gpu for non gaming tasks. No reason to have 2 gpus.

id like to take as much load off of it as possible. is that just stupid of me or does it make a difference in the life and performance of the gpu?

馃槙

Just now, PoopThatTookAPee said:

id like to take as much load off of it as possible. is that just stupid of me or does it make a difference in the life and performance of the gpu?

won't affect the performance of life of the card at all. No reason to waste your money on a second card.

It does not matter, when not doing graphic intensive tasks the gpu barely does anything.

You can safely use the gpu for both gaming and general browsing with no affect to its lifespan or to performance.

Pizza is the best food group

1 minute ago, PoopThatTookAPee said:

It doesn't work like that. Those gaming-grade GPUs aren't running at 100% power at all times. If there is no heavy game to render, they automatically lower their clocks and voltages so as to not draw so much power and to run cooler, so yes, it is stupid.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody鈥檚 pocket.

It is possible, you can specify what gpu to use for what program.聽 If you are running multiple programs with heavy gpu use at same time it could be handy.聽

GPU idles if not used or under light load, not worth it unless running on battery power foe energy savings, gpu life would not be a measurable difference.

if you're worried about power consumption, these modern video cards consume less than 10-20 watts when you're not gaming. They also produce so little heat that majority of such cards will turn off their fans when you're not gaming, or spin them at very low rpm.聽

Don't waste your money on additional video cards, there's no point.聽

To give a complete answer, you CAN add a video card and install it even in a pci-e x1 or x4 slot (using a riser cable or manually cutting the edge connector to fit in a x1 or x4 slot) but there's really no benefit to having additional cards except some edge cases (like for example to get more display outputs, or to add a low end workstation grade card to get some cad software working)

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

won't affect the performance of life of the card at all. No reason to waste your money on a second card.

Just now, WereCatf said:

It doesn't work like that. Those gaming-grade GPUs aren't running at 100% power at all times. If there is no heavy game to render, they automatically lower their clocks and voltages so as to not draw so much power and to run cooler, so yes, it is stupid.

1 minute ago, FeIIex said:

It does not matter, when not doing graphic intensive tasks the gpu barely does anything.

You can safely use the gpu for both gaming and general browsing with no affect to its lifespan or to performance.

ah ok lol thanks a lot. sorry im stupid asf lmao

馃槙

ah ok lol thanks a lot. sorry im stupid asf lmao

Well, no. Ignorance isn't the same thing as stupidity. Besides, now you know more than you did before, so it's all good!

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody鈥檚 pocket.

If you have apu/igpu聽you can save a little power with laptop features in windows using motherboard ports for video, not worth it聽聽unless you are trying to save every watt, as in unplugging microwave when not using it to save power the clock uses.聽 It is single digits watts difference.聽 Matters if using battery or extreme energy conscious.聽 I use to do both, unplugging microwave makes bigger difference.