Recommended headphones for listening to FLACs

Java
Go to solution Solved by rice guru,

For a $300 closed back that is easy to drive and good enough to distinguish flacs and mp3s or at least unforgiving enough. Maybe a pair of ath msr7 really good headphones I loved to use for mixing and monitoring. Really unforgiving  and detailed headphone. 

Hello Gor-guys/gals.  I just got some FLACs of some of my favorite artists (Zeppelin, Floyd, Slayer, etc) and have been wanting to see if there was a huge difference in audio quality compared to OGG/MP3 files. 

I was wondering if I could get some recommendations for headphones, closed-back preferably as I don't like the idea of my sound leaking out.  The plan is to also have them swap between my PC and Smartphone (S20+) with a usb-c to 3.5mm dongle.  I have a budget of about $200, but can try and save up for something in the $300 range. 

"Hyper Demon" Build: 

Case: NZXT H440 Hyper Beast.  CPU: AMD R9 3900x (cooled by a KrakeX62).  GPU: AMD XFX RX 6900XT Merc 319 Black.  RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 32GB ram @3600mhz.  Mobo: Asus Crosshair VI hero. PSU: Corsair RM850x.  Boot drive: Samsung 960 evo 500gb nvme ssd.  Game storage: Samsung 860 evo 1TB SATA SSD.  Bulk storage: WD Black 2TB.  

For a $300 closed back that is easy to drive and good enough to distinguish flacs and mp3s or at least unforgiving enough. Maybe a pair of ath msr7 really good headphones I loved to use for mixing and monitoring. Really unforgiving  and detailed headphone.