Any way to convert a laptop 1060 for use in a desktop?

suits

Probably a long shot. A Google search didn't give me anything useful. 

Have a laptop with other issues. The GPU is still in perfect working order. Anyone make a weird card to cool this and put it in a desktop tower?

If it is an MXM card there are MXM to PCIe adapters floating about on the internet! 

Will take some google-fu to find what you need though!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

pretty sure the laptop GPU is soldered to the motherboard 

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

If this is incorrect, please correct me, so that I can become better informed.

If you can remove the chip from your laptop without damaging it, you will still run in to compatibility issues because laptop GPU does not run off the same PCI-E interface found in your desktop. Cooling would also be difficult because your laptop likely uses only one master cooler to maintain the temperature of the entire system, including the CPU as well as the GPU.

I have seen some MXM to PCIe adapters on Newegg and AliExpress in the past, but I am not sure if/how well they work.  These adapters still do not address the cooling concern mentioned above.

Case : Cooler Master MB511 RGBMoBo : Asus TUF X570-Plus (WiFi)CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 2600XGPU : EVGA RTX 2070 Super FTW3 Gaming 8GBRAM : Corsair LPX 32 GB (2x16) DDR4-3200Storage (C:) : WD Blue 1 TB M.2-2280 (OS, Frequent Apps/Games)Storage (D:) : Seagate Barracuda 500 GB SATA SSD (Games)Storage (G:) : Seagate 1 TB 5400RPM HDD (Backups/Mass Storage/Photos)Cooling : Cooler Master ML240L RGB AIOMonitors : Dual MSI Optix MAG27CQ 27" 1440P @144hz (Custom Mounted)

2 minutes ago, ExplodingRubber said:

If you can remove the chip from your laptop without damaging it, you will still run in to compatibility issues because laptop GPU does not run off the same PCI-E interface found in your desktop. Cooling would also be difficult because your laptop likely uses only one master cooler to maintain the temperature of the entire system, including the CPU as well as the GPU.

Just the chip on its own isn't going to do you much good. You need some way to attach memory to it and deliver power to it. Pretty much all of the other stuff found on a graphics card's circuit board that is not the GPU die itself.

If you have an MXM card, then you already have all of that and ideally you only need an adapter for PCIe (and some way to attach a cooler to it). If you don't and the GPU's die is located directly on the laptop's motherboard, good luck removing the die and all of the other GPU components and integrating them on a customer circuit board.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Sorry everyone. Meant to add a picture but y'all answered my question! Thanks!

IMG_20200623_142053.jpg