What Would You Want Companies to Do/Change and Why?

LAwLz
12 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

The scorch marks on the PCB say otherwise. Rossman has also showed at least two instances of TB3 controllers exploding

Yeah it's crap wires drawing more than the recommended spec. It affects everything with USBC/TB3. Phones have the issue too why do you think apple went through the registered cable thing. Cheap cables and power adapters kill things. As a bonus point USB Killers don't work on MacBooks, it'll kill the port but the device won't die. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

26 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Yeah it's crap wires drawing more than the recommended spec. It affects everything with USBC/TB3. Phones have the issue too why do you think apple went through the registered cable thing. Cheap cables and power adapters kill things. As a bonus point USB Killers don't work on MacBooks, it'll kill the port but the device won't die. 

I didn't know the apple dongle has "crap wires that draw over recommended spec". I guess more testament to the brilliant apple engineering /s

Apple , 

Let me buy an apple watch without losing some features

Seriously why ?! I just want to upgrade my Fitbit lmao 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

3 hours ago, 5x5 said:

I didn't know the apple dongle has "crap wires that draw over recommended spec". I guess more testament to the brilliant apple engineering /s

Which dongle? Apples USBC/TB3 wires are fairly sturdy. 

Apple

Stop restricting people who pay for your product.  Dump the T2 chip entirely, stop acting like Hackintosh will undermine you.  If you made a decent product at a decent price and stopped trying to screw over your customers then you wouldn't have anything to fear from competition.

Adobe and those following suit

If I buy software, I get to use the software, until it dies from lack of support or the hardware/software backbone outstrips it to the point of unusability.

Stop selling subscriptions, I personally will never buy a software product that has a subscription, I am not renting your software.  Sell upgrades, fine, don't try and rent me the right to use it - and don't think you are hurting me by this decision, I would buy your product for a licence fee but I will use it and give you nothing while it is a subscription.

I would even, as I do with Reaper, buy your product for a cycle of updates, predetermined, you can buy it and update to version 7, from 7.1 you will need a new licence, but 7 will continue to work for you.

That is a decent model, I would likely even buy the licence at 7.1 because I rate the software, but a monthly sub?

No because it takes away my choice.

Game Publishers

As above, stop selling passes.  I don't want to pay forever for something that doesn't require you to provide me anything extra.  It is one thing to pay for a game that supplies servers for people to use, with the constant uptime, but don't try and sell me a pass to an off-line game.

Google, Facebook etc.

Find a different funding model.  My personal information is not there for you to make a profit.

3 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

Which dongle? Apples USBC/TB3 wires are fairly sturdy. 

A TB3 to HDMi adapter made and sold by apple through their website was the only thing in use then

2 hours ago, Spindel said:

STOP PUTTING TOUCH SCREENS IN YOUR CARS!!

YES ESPECIALLY IF ITS RESISTIVE 

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

I want universal CPU cooling standard.

So the holes would be on standard places.

I edit my posts more often than not

Just now, Tan3l6 said:

I want universal CPU cooling standard.

So the holes would be on standard places.

That can happen but companies will never agree on that because if they would do that they can't market a way of seating the cooler as being better than the other 

Build Log: 

Would apple change the way you can fix your own machine and not require apple certification to get a job at a apple shop.

Seriously I wanted to work at a apple repair shop and the person goes like no you need a certification I mean fixing apple machines is not hard really if you know the insides of laptops.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

11 minutes ago, sub68 said:

Would apple change the way you can fix your own machine and not require apple certification to get a job at a apple shop.

Seriously I wanted to work at a apple repair shop and the person goes like no you need a certification I mean fixing apple machines is not hard really if you know the insides of laptops.

This has more to do with the place not wanting to hire you than the certification itself. 

If they se a potential in you (or any person for that) they will help you get the certification. But they not wanting to hire you and you lacking the needed certification, it is just use as an excuse to not hire you.

This isn't an Apple specific problem.

People you wan't to employ, but that might be missing a certain qualification, you make sure they get the right education/sign the right papers for that qualification. People you don't want to hire that lacks some qualification you turn away with the reason being that they lack said qualification.  

1 minute ago, Spindel said:

People you wan't to employ, but that might be missing a certain qualification, you make sure they get the right education/sign the right papers for that qualification. People you don't want to hire that lacks some qualification you turn away with the reason being that they lack said qualification.

makes sense but I know too much about computers, maybe I should not work at a apple shop but a normal pc shop.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Just now, sub68 said:

makes sense but I know too much about computers, maybe I should not work at a apple shop but a normal pc shop.

Maybe that was it, you know too much and lack the ability to lie right in a customers face about how repairable the device actually is.

1 minute ago, Curious Pineapple said:

you know too much and lack the ability to lie right in a customers face about how repairable the device actually is.

uhhhhhhhhh no he would just not get me because I dont have apple cirt

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

34 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

A TB3 to HDMi adapter made and sold by apple through their website was the only thing in use then

Apple don't do a HDMI adapter, they do the AV adapter.

1 minute ago, Lord Vile said:

Apple don't do a HDMI adapter, they do the AV adapter.

You mean that £75 adaptor with a HDMI port in the middle of it? I'd say that is a HDMI adaptor, mainly as it adapts, to HDMI.

2 minutes ago, sub68 said:

Sadly, and this is a catch 22 in a lot of cases, if you have a certification it is a paper that you (at least should) know how to fix a computer (or anything for that matter). If you don't have the cert how can I as an employer know that you know what you claim. This creates the problem that I won't hire you because you can't show me that you know something, without being hired by me and then showing that you know something. 

Person A and B walks in to my shop and ask for work, person A has a certificate on the thing I need to employ some one for and B does not. I will employ person A, because he/she can show me that they know something. Doesn't matter if person B in reality is better, because person B can not show me anything before I hire. And to me as an employer, that is a risk. 

1 minute ago, Spindel said:

if you have a certification it is a paper that you

I don't and IDK how to get one

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

3 hours ago, Spindel said:

All car manufacturers (except Mazda*) :

mazda yes fear the dorito engine

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

1 minute ago, Kaloob said:

That's the AV adapter from what I can tell.

The HDMI only adapter is made by Belkin.

Not that it matters since Apple is still selling them on their website.

Yup, but the only AV output is has is HDMI, the other 2 ports are a USB-c charge and USB-c device as the budget for the machine only included one hole in the case and one port to fill it with.

3 hours ago, Spindel said:

All car manufacturers (except Mazda*) :

2015_mazda_mazda5_dashboard.jpg.b35419bd04bceeb333c0ffb9481fba80.jpg

what are 2012 mazda 5 basicly looks inside

hqdefault.jpg.6b85f78ad874a22dc42beeb17658cedf.jpg

2014 explorer too busy IMO

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

22 minutes ago, Curious Pineapple said:

You mean that £75 adaptor with a HDMI port in the middle of it? I'd say that is a HDMI adaptor, mainly as it adapts, to HDMI.

Yeah but it also does USBC and A. Wouldn't buy it myself, don't really buy many wires from apple they tend to run expensive. 

58 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

YES ESPECIALLY IF ITS RESISTIVE 

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT 

I actually prefer resistive in the car, because I live in a place that can get cold.

The capacative in my car works with fingers and leather gloves, but not with wool mittens.

11 minutes ago, Kaloob said:

need

more

apex seallllllllllllllllssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

yes blown apex seal are a thing

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang