windows 10 crack vs original

milleniumxxx

first time building a pc is it safe to install windows 10 ?

what are the risks or the downsides of a cracked windows 10 ?

can you update a cracked windows 10 ? 

Just now, milleniumxxx said:

Depends how we define safe, but Its pretty well trused and vetted code.

1 minute ago, milleniumxxx said:

Depends on how its cracked and whos software. You can have it so some random guy can run what ever code on your system. 

1 minute ago, milleniumxxx said:

Depends, but normally yes

But Id just run windows unactivated until you can pay for it. It will function as normally except for a small watermark

Cracked versions of windows could be completely safe. But why would someone spend their time cracking it for other people if they don't benefit. There is almost always something nefarious involved. I would never suggest a cracked windows version. I would suggets a key reseller site long before that.

4 minutes ago, milleniumxxx said:

Dont, just install Windows 10 and use it without activating it if your just gonna tinker with it.

Use it without activating, or get a grey key. 

Or perhaps go through some hoops to negate the downside of having a watermark in the bottom right corner. 

8 minutes ago, Dravinian said:

And why bother with a cracked version anyway?

This isn't 2002.  Go and buy an OEM key for $20.

in my country they install them for everyone who builds a pc for free that's why iam asking

9 minutes ago, Dujith said:
7 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Use it without activating, or get a grey key. 

Or perhaps go through some hoops to negate the downside of having a watermark in the bottom right corner. 

Dont, just install Windows 10 and use it without activating it if your just gonna tinker with it.

what do i miss with the non activated version ? and how long it will work ? and can i install games on it ?

4 minutes ago, milleniumxxx said:

what do i miss with the non activated version ? and how long it will work ? and can i install games on it ?

Nothing important, you cannot personalize the colors and background (you can via a simple trick change the background tho)

And there will be a watermark in the bottom right.

Updates and everything else will continue to work.

For example many reviewers will have valid licences for their testing but dont bother to activate it each time for a 1 day benchmark build.

Even the Pro retail license will throw a fit if its activated alot.

12 minutes ago, milleniumxxx said:

and how long it will work ?

As long as you like. 

13 minutes ago, milleniumxxx said:

what do i miss with the non activated version ?

Some minor customization features and a watermark. 

Other than that, nothing. 

32 minutes ago, milleniumxxx said:

in my country they install them for everyone who builds a pc for free that's why iam asking

That's most likely illegal unless they pay for the license and give it to you for free. Also im pretty sure asking about cracked software is against forum rules?

59 minutes ago, milleniumxxx said:

Hey there.

• You'll be missing the ability to tweak most personalization options. Others above have mentioned background and color (dark mode) settings. Other things include the lock screen and start menu settings. Some sync settings may also be disabled, and I believe you only have access to essential Windows updates.
  • AFAIK, you'll be able to use a non-activated version of Windows 10 indefinitely.
  • Yes, you'll be able to install games on it.

29 minutes ago, kkpatel87 said:
1 hour ago, milleniumxxx said:

That's most likely illegal unless they pay for the license and give it to you for free.

I'm guessing that the Windows 10 product would be lumped in with installation/service fees? Why pass up the chance to milk the cash out from the customer? 😄

29 minutes ago, kkpatel87 said:

Also im pretty sure asking about cracked software is against forum rules?

Discussions about piracy/cracked content is allowed, but redistribution, how-to guides, and links to sites sharing illegal content aren't. 😉

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

*** Thread locked ***

Any recommendation or help on cracked/pirated software is not allowed. This particular topic has been discussed in past. I suggest using search if the answers already given aren't enough.

Discussion on grey market keys and stuff like that is still allowed. Direct links to marketplace sites aren't.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv