LG G7+ Thinq Vs Samsung A51

Both the phones are priced equally on Amazon right now, and I'm really confused between them. While LG G7+ is a 2 year old phone, it's still a flagship and has better SoC on it. But I'm really sceptical about how long the software support will last. Samsung A51 is just perfect with a bigger battery, Amoled screen, (although Lg has better resolution), and other bells and whistles(like samsung pay and stuff), but the SoC is weaker and the reviews say it's fingerprint reader is not good too.  Even samsung's software support is not very good, but it may be supported long just coz it's new.

I really can't decide, please help.

Or suggest some other ones in the similar price range, around  25000 or 330USD.

Anything except chinese brands, if possible.

LG should have 2 years updates, 3 years security updates.

Samsung is samsung.

Im currently running an older phone with android 9 and no new security updates on sight, i don't know how good of an idea it is, but phone is a phone, it doesn't stop working just because security updates ended.

If you really want updates then Google pixel 3a or 4a are the only options really, which is kinda sad.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

no, avoid LG phones, i have 2 LG phones died prematurely, G3 and G5 while my S5 still rocking today.

Since then i never buy any LG phones. Plus they have outdated design and community support is abysmal.

My wife have an A50, it's pretty good, i recon A51 is better.

Or go with xiaomi if you're looking for faster SOC.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

3 hours ago, The.GVS said:

Anything except chinese brands, if possible.

Why's that? They usually offer more for less.

Also, list your requirements. Would you exchange an amoled screen for a faster chipelset etc etc.

Where I live Chinese phones aren't readily available. And then there is the whole human malware situation. Personally I will avoid buying Chinese as much as possible until they fix this. If you feel differently that's ok.

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

2 hours ago, EL02 said:

Why's that? They usually offer more for less.

Also, list your requirements. Would you exchange an amoled screen for a faster chipelset etc etc.

For one, the privacy concerns raised in the recent past.

And the aggression on India-China border. I recommend people chinese phones all the time, when they want bang for the buck performance, but I personally don't wanna buy it for myself.

3 hours ago, The.GVS said:

For one, the privacy concerns raised in the recent past.

And the aggression on India-China border. I recommend people chinese phones all the time, when they want bang for the buck performance, but I personally don't wanna buy it for myself.

I mean...if you think google doesn't do the same...

Anyway, requirements? Any?