Pc Restarts on its own

I built this computer about 2-3 months ago now, and originally these were my specs

mobo: asus b450m pro gaming
cpu: Amd ryzen 5 2600
gpu: Gigabyte 6gb gaming oc 5600 xt
ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V series 16gb 2x8 ddr4 3600
psu: thermaltake smart 700
storage: kingston 225gb ssd

the issue at hand is my computer randomly black screens and restarts completely on its own during use, the computer will freeze up in whatever im doing, the audio will tweak out a ton and boom black screen and restart.
side note: the rgb settings that I have saved usually unset when it boots back up, I have everything set to purple but when this happens, its almost as if the mobo forgets the settings cause it goes straight back to rainbow default until I open my rgb software

Since then I've gone through various replacements to try and fix the issue and it still keeps happening
I replaced the cpu first of all with a ryzen 5 3600 cause I thought maybe it was bottle necking, didn't fix the issue

I then added another ssd this time being a 1tb nvme m.2 because all I had was the 225 gb ssd which I thought might have been the issue, but wasn't 
I then replaced the ram with corsair vengeance rgb pro ddr4 3600mhz because it was not on the list of compatibility with my mobo, still didn't fix the issue
and then I finally replaced the stock amd cpu fan with nzxt's kraken z63 aio which did indeed bring down the temps of the cpu which were sky high for some reason, reaching 90 at max and idling at around 70, which I was able to temporarily fix by running my computer on power saver mode until the new cooler came in and

it. is. still. happening. 

I've narrowed it down to either the psu or the mobo, I'm thinking my best bet is replacing the mobo seeing as it only supports 1st and 2nd gen ryzen from what I can tell on the website seen here
But I've updated the bios on this mobo which im not sure if that might have changed anything, allowing it to be compatible with 3rd gen or not but its worth mentioning
Im at a loss for ideas here, and I'd rather not go out on a limb here and replace something else that might not need replacement so I was hoping you guys could lead me in the right direction, thank you!

current specs
cpu: Amd ryzen 5 3600
cpu cooler: Nzxt Kraken z63
ram: Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 2x8 ddr4 3600mhz
storage: Crucial P1 1tb nvme m.2 & kingston 225gb ssd

3 minutes ago, jedda said:

I replaced the cpu first of all with a ryzen 5 3600 cause I thought maybe it was bottle necking, didn't fix the issue

bottlenecking doesn't cause stability problems

have you run a memtest?

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks

4 hours ago, jedda said:

I built this computer about 2-3 months ago now, and originally these were my specs

cpu: Amd ryzen 5 2600
ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V series 16gb 2x8 ddr4 3600
storage: kingston 225gb ssd

the issue at hand is my computer randomly black screens and restarts completely on its own during use, the computer will freeze up in whatever im doing, the audio will tweak out a ton and boom black screen and restart.

Since then I've gone through various replacements to try and fix the issue and it still keeps happening

I then added another ssd this time being a 1tb nvme m.2 because all I had was the 225 gb ssd which I thought might have been the issue, but wasn't 
I then replaced the ram with corsair vengeance rgb pro ddr4 3600mhz because it was not on the list of compatibility with my mobo, still didn't fix the issue
and then I finally replaced the stock amd cpu fan with nzxt's kraken z63 aio which did indeed bring down the temps of the cpu which were sky high for some reason, reaching 90 at max and idling at around 70, which I was able to temporarily fix by running my computer on power saver mode until the new cooler came in and

it. is. still. happening. 

I've narrowed it down to either the psu or the mobo, I'm thinking my best bet is replacing the mobo seeing as it only supports 1st and 2nd gen ryzen from what I can tell on the website seen here
But I've updated the bios on this mobo which im not sure if that might have changed anything, allowing it to be compatible with 3rd gen or not but its worth mentioning
Im at a loss for ideas here, and I'd rather not go out on a limb here and replace something else that might not need replacement so I was hoping you guys could lead me in the right direction, thank you!

current specs
cpu: Amd ryzen 5 3600
cpu cooler: Nzxt Kraken z63
ram: Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 2x8 ddr4 3600mhz
storage: Crucial P1 1tb nvme m.2 & kingston 225gb ssd

Any overclocking for the gpu? 

BOLD not ITALIC

On 6/13/2020 at 4:34 AM, Mad153 said:

bottlenecking doesn't cause stability problems

have you run a memtest?

No I have not, I didn't think I would need to since I bought a brand new set of ram, do you have any suggestions for software I could use to run a test like that, and what would it tell?

On 6/16/2020 at 12:36 PM, jedda said:

No I have not, I didn't think I would need to since I bought a brand new set of ram, do you have any suggestions for software I could use to run a test like that, and what would it tell?

sorry for the long delay in reply.

If you have windows you can follow this guide (it's already installed):

https://www.howtogeek.com/260813/how-to-test-your-computers-ram-for-problems/#:~:text=To launch the Windows Memory,computer to perform the test.

if you run linux or something else, look here to make a bootable usb:

https://www.memtest86.com/

memtesting checks to see if the ram isn't "saving" what it should do normally, as sometimes bits of data can become corrupt and this causes stability issues.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2020 at 9:07 AM, Mad153 said:

sorry for the long delay in reply.

If you have windows you can follow this guide (it's already installed):

https://www.howtogeek.com/260813/how-to-test-your-computers-ram-for-problems/#:~:text=To launch the Windows Memory,computer to perform the test.

if you run linux or something else, look here to make a bootable usb:

https://www.memtest86.com/

memtesting checks to see if the ram isn't "saving" what it should do normally, as sometimes bits of data can become corrupt and this causes stability issues.

mem test came back good, still at a loss for what the cause could be :/

Ok umm have you ran a stress test to see if a certain criteria is needed for a restart? Furmark has both a CPU and GPU stress test

Thanks

On 6/28/2020 at 6:50 PM, Mad153 said:

Ok umm have you ran a stress test to see if a certain criteria is needed for a restart? Furmark has both a CPU and GPU stress test

ran stress tests on both the gpu and cpu with furmark and unigine and there were 0 crashes

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, i have the same error as your, random reboot or app crashing with the same cpu, also it's 2/3 months old. So have you figured what happened yet ? I already swapped my psu and it's still didn't work. Ramtest also no error founds, the thing is it worked fine back then (5 days after build). So I'm so lost right now.