Post Your Cable Management?

ciprian97pop

Cables from moddiy.com and combs from lutro0 customs - The 750D is so easy.

Intel 4670k, MSI Z97 Krait Edition, 2 x 4 Gbs G-Skill Trident X 2400 Mhz, CPU full W/C loop, Sapphire R9 290-flash to a 290x, Samsung 840Pro 128 Gb SSD, Seagate 1 Tb Hdd, Seasonic SS660x2 Platinum PSU, NZXT 2m white sleeved LED strip. 9 Fans all Corsair SP or AF except 1 80mm high speed for NB/VRM cooling. Corsair 750 full tower case.

Post some pics of your cable management and give a brief description of how you did it!

I'm building mine and I want to know how to have a clean case.

I'm merging the threads.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I feel sad looking at your guys amazing work but its my first ever build without ANY management experience! 

It doesn't help I've got 2 SSDs in the top drive cage meaning I HAVE to have sata power and sata going up the back. 

post-42942-0-86145700-1399608656_thumb.j

Tip: Make sure cable mess is not seen in photo and pretend you have good management  :P

c4oan9C.jpg?1

But in all seriousness heres mine, not your standard PC form factor though. I think its all about really planning cable runs, and taking your time and taming the mess.

Of3esQn.jpg?1

One of the sexiest small form factor case ive ever seen... whats it called?

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

And now i am sitting here, seeing that my cable management sucks ass! :D

I found an older pic where it looks surprisingly good imo. The USB 3.0 is bent behind the mobo tray meanwhile. I also don't own that GPU anymore and the wifi card has moved up by one PCIeslot, which means that it's cable also had to go further up.

My problem is that i have tons of little stuff. I have two LED strips which end at the back of the PSU and i had to route their cables between PCI slots and PSU (not in this pic) and it worked out quite tidy

But i have a fan controller in my 5.25" bay and the cable mess coming from it is ofc really bad (2 fan cables, 3 thermal sensors, power, usb)! i tried make the cables parallel an tie them down but there are so many! :D My DVD drive also worsenes this state.

What i absolutltey hate about my build is the region in front of the PSU. The layout of the modular cables is shit and i did my best to route them in a parallel manner. Also all the front panel connectors look shit. I have 3 USB connectors plugged (one more than in pic) which adds clutter.

I also thought about plasti dipping those little cables at the end because those rainbow colors are just awful!

Sleeving is currently out of my budget. sadly. :D

I don't have a pic of my back and don't want to open it tbh. looks terrible anyway.

love the colors!

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

• 2 weeks later...

top view

side view right

side view left

New case, new cable management. It isn't easy in this case, but much better than in the Prodigy.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

Add pictures if you like.

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

No desktop pc yet :*( but if I did I'd spend a bunch of money on cabling wires up or stealth it all :D

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

But you can't manage cable behind a Matx Bitfenix case?...

hellooooooooo

I think i have great cable management:

DSC03559.jpg

It's tidy enough in the back so i can close the side panel, so thats good.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

I'd say neat on the front, messy behind the motherboard tray. 

It's an older picture, but imagine the loose cables being plugged into a second card. 

L7GcMC6.jpg

Cable management etc. is a pain in the butt and sometimes in the wallet and well for my pc it wasn't needed as it has no window but for my son's pc which has a side window well I thought I would have to do a nice job but nope.  Somehow everything looked good enough without sleeving, ties and all sorts of other crap. 

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

If I had to guess, mine is horrible. It can probably be improved, but I have not bothered to.  Also note, the pictures are old. the changes since then are motherboard was swapped out for Z77 Extreme 4 to get a few more USB ports up front. Looking for a P8Z77 WS to replace the P8P67 that was in there.

Front:

12066595346_5966d456ea_o.jpgIMGP0842 by wolfeking, on Flickr

Back:

12066025873_1cc49af3a4_h.jpgIMGP0835 by wolfeking, on Flickr

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

I put OK for both, but judging from the 'messy' pics in this thread, I may have to downgrade it to disgustingly bad! 

20140528_013957_zps99e05097.jpg

If you Going to spend lots of money on good components you have to at lest take you time and do it nice no good just ramming it in there just so you can play your games seen many people do this 

Uh what? Did you take apart your psu and turn the fan around? Because unless you did, that arrow is facing the wrong way. 

i have a fan on the side of my case but i no what you mean my paint skills are not that good lol 

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

this is mine

reuYQDG.jpg

Did you modify your PSU by flipping fan? Otherwise arrow is in wrong direction

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I would post some pictures, but linking to my build log is easier for me, so here you go: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/96695-done-for-now-serenity-4960x-gtx770/

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB