7700k+ Dark rock pro 4 temps

tilex05
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,
52 minutes ago, tilex05 said:

What do you mean? They are too high? Sorry, English isn't my first language

It means that your temps are excellent and very low. 

Hello everyone,

Yesterday, I installed the be quiet dark rock pro 4 on my i7 7700k (not overclocked, but turbo boost is on) and I don't know if my temps are fine. 

According to core temp software, my idle temps (cpu running at 10%) are around 38c to 43c (see attachment). I also did an AIDA64 stress test during 30 minutes (CPU running at 100%) and I got an average temp of 60c. (See attachment)

And I also played GTAV for like 15 minutes in 1080p high-ultra quality and I got an average temp of 55c-62c

The temperature in the house is 23C (73f).

So, are these temps ok?

Here is the rest of my build if you are interested: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/CC2jMc

Thank you!

AIDA64 test.png

coretemp.JPG

They’re overkill.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

They’re overkill.

52 minutes ago, tilex05 said:

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

8 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Ok good. So even if my idle temps are a little bit high, I don't need to worry because my load temps (stress test and gaming) are low)?

17 minutes ago, tilex05 said:

Ok good. So even if my idle temps are a little bit high, I don't need to worry because my load temps (stress test and gaming) are low)?

The cpu at 10% is a bit on the higher end for idle so your 'idle' temps seem perfectly normal as opposed to high. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

The cpu at 10% is a bit on the higher end for idle so your 'idle' temps seem perfectly normal as opposed to high. 

Nice! Thanks a lot!

On 6/11/2020 at 11:09 PM, tilex05 said:

Hello everyone,

Yesterday, I installed the be quiet dark rock pro 4 on my i7 7700k (not overclocked, but turbo boost is on) and I don't know if my temps are fine. 

According to core temp software, my idle temps (cpu running at 10%) are around 38c to 43c (see attachment). I also did an AIDA64 stress test during 30 minutes (CPU running at 100%) and I got an average temp of 60c. (See attachment)

And I also played GTAV for like 15 minutes in 1080p high-ultra quality and I got an average temp of 55c-62c

The temperature in the house is 23C (73f).

So, are these temps ok?

Here is the rest of my build if you are interested: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/CC2jMc

Thank you!

AIDA64 test.png

coretemp.JPG

a bit high only in gaming,but not reason to worry about. because you have awesome CPU cooler and great CPU.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

3 hours ago, frozensun said:

a bit high only in gaming,but not reason to worry about. because you have awesome CPU cooler and great CPU.

The temps in gaming are perfectly inline. I had a 7700k when it came out and it is still in a second system. They were very hot chips with temp spike issues. Even on a custom water loop after a delid it was a warm chip. I think it was running something like high to low 90s before delid at 5.1ghz. Then after delid the temps dropped into the low to mid 70s.

So basically the TIM they used under the IHS was garbage and caused temps to get pretty high. Then again for most users running at stock speeds they would never see temps high enough to damage the chip. So if you can get temps under 85c stock you are fine IMO. It might run hotter than you are use to seeing, but that is just how that particular chip was.

5 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

The temps in gaming are perfectly inline. I had a 7700k when it came out and it is still in a second system. They were very hot chips with temp spike issues. Even on a custom water loop after a delid it was a warm chip. I think it was running something like high to low 90s before delid at 5.1ghz. Then after delid the temps dropped into the low to mid 70s.

So basically the TIM they used under the IHS was garbage and caused temps to get pretty high. Then again for most users running at stock speeds they would never see temps high enough to damage the chip. So if you can get temps under 85c stock you are fine IMO. It might run hotter than you are use to seeing, but that is just how that particular chip was.

Dude I have 6700K which is almost the same CPU and in games I get max 42 C and I even OC the CPU so shut up...

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

5 hours ago, frozensun said:

Dude I have 6700K which is almost the same CPU and in games I get max 42 C and I even OC the CPU so shut up...

That is an Anecdotal Fallacy. While I did give a personal example myself, my example is backed by Intel doing some actual research on this and looking for the root cause as it was a big ordeal when the 7 series hit. I would know since I am actually a Intel Power-user (merit based mod). So there were some issues with the 7 series that caused these issues on the higher clocked chips. First was a slight change in the architecture that moved to a theory of the faster something can be completed the more time the cpu can spend in an idle state. This caused a lot of cpu temp spikes that caused cpu fan speeds to fluctuate wildly which annoyed users. Second was there were inconsistency to the amount of silicon adhesive used to keep the IHS on... this meant that the thermal transfer from DIE to IHS was a problem on a good % of chips. Then we have the fact this chip had a 300mhz higher clock which resulted in requiring more volts than your 6700k which results in MORE heat.

A quick google search would have revealed all of that, but instead you decided to tell me to shut up instead of do a little research. There is a reason that when these chips were delidded the temps would drop anywhere from 10-25 degrees C under stress testing. 

Now what YOUR cpu does in games does not mean his next gen chip with higher stock clocks will produce the same. There are a ton of variables here that can greatly impact temps. You have Ambient temp, case temp (if bad air flow), the cpu cooler being used, the quality of the chip, the voltage needed to hit stock boost clocks, etc etc etc. So again instead of telling someone to "shut up" maybe you should try educating yourself to avoid showing your own ignorance.

9 hours ago, frozensun said:

Max 42c while watching that weird stuff you watch?

That’s basically the same as a 5.1ghz on a heavy load right?

relax