[Need Help] Choosing Compactible UPS for PSU

Escade
Go to solution Solved by Boomwebsearch,
24 minutes ago, Escade said:

Thanks for the information and suggestion, yea cyber power looks liike a really promising brand.

yea i got everything else on my old ups, this one will only be for my montor and PC, maybe networking (?) too

i think i need around 10 ~ 15 minutes to make sure i could save every progress

the other reason is cause most of the power cut here only last like 5 ~ 10 minutes.

To give you the best runtimes, here is what I would recommend:

For networking equipment and other low-power devices (or just use your old UPS if the runtimes are good):    https://www.walmart.com/ip/APC-UPS-450VA-UPS-Battery-Backup-Surge-Protector-Back-UPS-BN450M/187572176

For your computer + monitor:    

https://www.cyberpowersystems.com/product/ups/pfc-sinewave/cp1500pfclcd/ 

1 hour ago, Escade said:

UPS CyberPower Value 2200ELCD (2200VA/1320W)

This one should work great also, would avoid the EPI one since the brand reputable is questionable and they may or may not honor their warranty if it is ever needed.

Budget (including currency):  $250 ~ $350

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 3D Render, Texture. Workload Simulation work stuff and just some online game  

Hello guys, i need an guide for choosing ups for my PC, in my country the power is really bad, its often drop and unstable,

i need a good ups with AVR to extend the lifespan of my computer (of course my PSU), i need the UPS to give me enough time for me to save my work and safely shut down

This is some UPS i consider to choose :

specification :

Spoiler

Multifunction LCD Readout
The LCD readout displays clear system information, such as power status, battery status, load status and more. It also features a user-friendly and intuitive interface, allowing users to easily manage and monitor the entire system.

Configurable Alarm
Configurable alarm immediately notifies users of unexpected issues, allowing users to resolve problems at their earliest convenience. Users can also switch the audible alarm on or off during battery mode to avoid unnecessary disturbances.

Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR)
The UPS has built-in Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR) function to regulate low voltages and over voltages when incoming utility power has fluctuations, thus providing consistent and reliable power to connected devices.

UPS CyberPower Value 2200ELCD
2200VA/1320W - AVR - (4x) Outlet Schuko
FEATURES :
Line-interactive UPS Topology
Energy Saving Technology
Simulated Sine Wave Output
Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR)
Surge and Spike Protection
Phone/Fax/Modem/DSL/Network Protection
LCD Status Display
PowerPanel" Management Software
Tower Form Factor

UPS EPI e-lite e-2200 (2200VA/1320W) 

specification :

Spoiler

INPUT
Voltage : 220/230/240 VAC
Voltage Range : 162-290VAC
Frequency Range : 60/50 Hz (Auto sensing)
OUTPUT Voltage : 220/230/240 VAC
AC Voltage Regulation (Batt Mode) : 10%
Frequency Range (Bat Mode) : 60Hz or 50Hz 1Hz
Transfer time : Typical 2-6ms
Waveform (Bat Mode) : Simulated Sinewave
Charging ability : 4-6 hours recover to 90% capacity
Full protection : Overload, discharge, and overcharge protection

INDICATIONS
LCD Display : AC/Battery Mode, Load / Battery Level, Input / Output Voltage, Overload, Faultand low Battery
Battery mode : Sounding every 10 seconds
Low battery : Sounding every second
Overload : Sounding every 0.5 seconds
Battery Replacement Alarm : Sounding every 2 seconds
Fault : Continuously sounding
Dimension, D*W*H(mm) : 370 x 135 x165

with around the same budget as those anyone know better choice ? coz i dont really know so much about ups, and there is not much review i can get to choose.

like know can this hold up my psu power with monitor too ?, when the power drops this ups will be sufficient to hold up my pc power without breaking it.

if someone have a descent UPS what brand is it ? maybe i could find it here

3 minutes ago, Escade said:

if someone have a descent UPS what brand is it ? maybe i could find it here

I am using a CyberPower LX1500GU UPS and it has been working great for my PC, monitor, NAS, router, and modem. Would really recommend having a line-interactive UPS instead of a standby UPS. 

Is this UPS going to only be for your PC and monitor or is there anything else that you are planning to run and what run times do you want to have?

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

28 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

I am using a CyberPower LX1500GU UPS and it has been working great for my PC, monitor, NAS, router, and modem. Would really recommend having a line-interactive UPS instead of a standby UPS. 

Is this UPS going to only be for your PC and monitor or is there anything else that you are planning to run and what run times do you want to have?

Thanks for the information and suggestion, yea cyber power looks liike a really promising brand.

yea i got everything else on my old ups, this one will only be for my montor and PC, maybe networking (?) too

the other reason is cause most of the power cut here only last like 5 ~ 10 minutes.

24 minutes ago, Escade said:

For networking equipment and other low-power devices (or just use your old UPS if the runtimes are good):    https://www.walmart.com/ip/APC-UPS-450VA-UPS-Battery-Backup-Surge-Protector-Back-UPS-BN450M/187572176

1 hour ago, Escade said:

This one should work great also, would avoid the EPI one since the brand reputable is questionable and they may or may not honor their warranty if it is ever needed.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

On 6/10/2020 at 11:35 PM, Boomwebsearch said:

thanks im going for the cyber power

• 2 weeks later...

Hello i got another problem now, after buying the CyberPower UPS and test it out with my computer, my computer not holding up and suddenly turned off, after searching for so many review i found out that the thermaltake psu i got wont run with stimulated sinewave ups, this is so frustating coz this psu not listing any information about it. now i need to buy a new UPS or replace my PSU, do u guys got any suggestion like could i buy any converter to make my ups into pure sinewave or something ?