Membrane Vs Mechanical: ROUND 2

brownninja97

I like both, I perfer mechanical although I am currently using membrane.

Computer: CPU: Intel i7 3770k 4.2 GHz, Processor Cooling: Corsair 100i,  Video Card: ASUS Geforce GTX 660ti, Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77 V PRO, Power Supply: corsiar AX750, Hard Drive: Toshiba 2TB, Case Fans: Bitfenix Specter x 2, Case: Phantom

well actually im fine as longest it works

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I've just got a ducky Shine 1 (I like the large enter button) and personally im getting use to it but my college uses generic HP Keyboards, that's not so bad as im leaving but when i went to visit my universality they have the exact same keyboards -.-  

after a long time on notebook keyboard i have found a new world of typing and gaming in the "Mechanical WAY" :P but i wont bother me to type on a membrane one ^^

what doesn't kill me, level me up !

I currently have a microsoft sidewinder x4, the membrane is nice but to me it just doesn't live up to the satisfying click of mechanical keyboards. Really can't wait to upgrade. 

Used a G19 for a couple years, never had a problem. Just got a Ducky Shine II blue switch and to tell the truth here, while the Ducky is nice I really miss the features of the G19. Typing feels the same except the clicky sound from the blue switches.

If you get a quality membrane it can be just as good. 

Never owned a mechanical, but perfectly happy with my Logitech G510 membrane. The one with the mono screen. Does the trick for what I need it for, which is video/image editing and a bit of light gaming.

Seriously, the screen is really handy. Mostly for telling me what iTunes/Spotify is playing, showing me the time, or showing me my FPS and temps while I'm gaming. Got a few things on the Macro keys, which really help speed things up.

Personally, I don't like mechanical keyboards. I see no difference in mechanical or membrane when typing or playing games. Only downside is most mechanical keyboards I've come into contact with are extremely loud and extremely annoying because of this. I prefer keyboards that are quiet and membrane, like chiclet keyboards in laptops.

I would love to have a nice chiclet keyboard that's not an iMac keyboard or the expensive Razer Deathstalker.

I've been debating between a G19, STRIKE 7, or Razer Deathstalker Ultimate as a keyboard however if they ever go onsale in a few years on Amazon.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

I've probably used this keyboard for about 6 or 7 years now when I got it when visiting Europe http://i.imgur.com/PjJFYLL.jpg I've been on a shit ton of ESL matches on competitive games with it and It worked the best.

And I've used a mechanical keyboard for about a month or two It just wasn't my thing, after switching to my old membrane It felt so great.

Yeezus was the best album of all time

I think mechanical beats membrane hands down, but if you prefer membrane then the Sidewinder is a great budget board. 

Before I didn't even know about mechanical keyboards.

Then I met LinusTechTips on Youtube.

After a few months I built my first PC and bought a mechanical keyboard (blue switches).

Now I get frustrated when I have to use the membrane keyboards at college!

Once you go ....... mechanical you never go back!

Ok... Let me show you guys a real life experience between membrane and mechanical. (It may not have anything to do with the key switches or anything)

I use a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate and I generally type very fast. (Typing as if I am mashing the keys but in order)

With the Blackwidow, It recognises all the keys I have entered in the order I entered even though it looked like I was pressing them all at once.

But on my HTPC wireless membrane keyboard, when i type as fast as on my Blackwidow, the keyboard goes boom. The keyboard cannot tell the difference of the keys and the order I input them.

Making it very hard for me to enter my password because I type my password UBER fast and I mean like 16 characters in less than a second.

PC: The Oracle
Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

I type my password UBER fast and I mean like 16 characters in less than a second.

I now know how long your password is. :ph34r:

...I don't suppose it's "Razer Blackwidow"?

I had a blackwidow ultimate but it was too loud and had a logitech illuminated keyboard before my g710. I prefer my illuminated keyboard because the keys are low profile and its near silent. the g710 its the best mechanical keyboard imo because of the feature set and backlight which is a must imo. so between the 2 I basically don't care, both are nice and do what they are supposed to, which is type.

I now know how long your password is. :ph34r:

...I don't suppose it's "Razer Blackwidow"?

Lol that is certainly not my password muaHahaHaAhhahhaa

PC: The Oracle
Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

Personally I like membrane keyboards, but I could probably use either...

honestly how in the hell did i manage to start this. I was thinking one or two replies

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Mechanical boards are all I can type on now because after using Cherry MX Black switches, I feel like I'm going to punch a hole through laptops/$10 logitech membrane boards.  I use Blue switches now, but I think I'm going to settle on reds.  I like the lesser resistance of blue, but think I could do without the scratchy feeling.  I don't think it helps/hurts me, and in some games where you rapidly push a button it just feels funky.

Mech boards for me are like tattoos, once you get your first one, you usually want more.  Only thing stopping me is 1) money and 2) space.

I started using mechanical keyboards just this past year and I just can't say enough good about them. I Started on Blues with the Razer Black Widow, but I sold that to a friend who 'had to have it' and now I'm using Browns on the Ducky Shine II.  Now I refuse to type on membrane keyboards anymore, it feels like typing on soap bubbles.

On this note im creating a mechanical switch calculator. Everyone will get it......

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Ive only had tried the Blue Switches and prefer that over membrane anyday. I still want to try the Green, Clean and White alps switches :D 

what about membrane mouses,or are they membrane already. I haev no idea how mouses work. Lets get optic fibre keyboards which will start a flame war of people thinking its better when it offers less then nanoseconds of difference is time

Listen if you care.

what about membrane mouses,or are they membrane already. I haev no idea how mouses work. Lets get optic fibre keyboards which will start a flame war of people thinking its better when it offers less then nanoseconds of difference is time

Mice have mechanical switches, albeit their own kind of mousey ones.