Membrane Vs Mechanical: ROUND 2

brownninja97

Am i the only one in the world that hates any and all types of mechanical keyboards. I just cant like them and ive tried to but membrane seems better in every way for me. Am i the only one? btw ive used like 5 mechanical keyboards

EDIT: This is Linus. I edited the OP to add a poll to this thread. I'm interested in the answer

EDIT AGAIN ABOUT 5 MONTHS LATER: lets try this again, many joiners and many new opinions.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I'd say it depends on the switches more than the keyboards. If you've tried 5 mechanical keyboards that all had blue switches, then maybe you'd prefer blacks/reds, or maybe you'd prefer ALPS switches, or buckling springs, or topre switches.

Also, if you've only tried 5 mechanical keyboards, why do you hate any and all types of mechanical keyboard?

ive tried blue,brown,green,red and thats about it. I havent used the other types and only thought about the coloured version but out of the keyboards ive used so far i find a microsoft sidewinder x4 the best for me 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

How long have you used each one? Each one of the switches takes time and also your decision can change over a period of time.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Obviously alot of it is down to personal taste and it also matters what defines a "good keyboard". For example, what does the Sidewinder x4 have that mechanical boards don't? As Kayn and Toby have said, you need to spend equal time with both and develop your own preference before really deciding which you prefer. If you've been using membrane for 5 years, and mechanical for 1 week, it will obviously take longer to adjust and adopt a style which suits you, and in that frame, the mechanical board will feel awkward and 'worse' to type on than the more known membrane.

Well on this forum most probably you are the only one. The mechanical keyswitches are better just in almost any way i can imagine.

I can't type on membrane keyboards anymore. I'm forced to use them at school and most of the time I don't hit the keys hard enough (mainly because I'm use to blues and mainly because all the keys stick on every keyboard in the school) or after a while my fingers get tired lol. I'll never go back

Mechanical all the way! It frustrates me when I see my small bro telling my he is going to get the iMac keyboard...

PC: The Oracle
Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

I am currently and still using a membrane keyboard :P I will plan to upgrade soon, but mechanical keyboards cost way too much for me :(

Ryzen 9 5900x | x570 TUF Gaming Pro Wifi | 32gb GSkill 4x8gb @3000mhz CL15 | ASUS Strix RX480 8gb | XFX 750W psu | Cosair H100i GTX | Fractal Design R5

Drop ENTR Halo True | Logitech G900 Choas Spectrum | Blue-Yeti | AKG k553 Pro

Mechanical keyboards cause of the sound and feel. 

Mechanical is far better in my opinion, CM storm trigger is awesome.

I haven't had a mechanical keyboard yet, is it worth it?

I use a Ducky Shine II at home with cherry MX Blues (and 40A o-rings), and a Corsair K60 at work with Cherry MX Reds (they're quieter, still not what I'd exactly like, but the light keypresses I'm getting used to and it's better than a membrane for me) - I couldn't use a membrane keyboard for an extended period of time anymore, they just feel horrid (in my opinion)

Ryzen 7 5800X • Patriot Viper 32GB 3600MHz • MSI X570-A Pro • Nvidia 3080Ti FE • WD Black SN850 1TB • Corsair TX850M • Fractal Meshify C

Mechanical is better but they are expensive if they would make a 50$ or less and just leave out features I would buy it.

I have a corsair k60 with cherry mx red switches and anytime i use a Membrane keyboard i will struggle typing 

well adjustment does vary i think :) when i switched to mechanical it felt awesome first time i started typing :)

I have a G19 now but i typt fault because off the membraan, so i'm going to mechanical keyboard when i got the money for it;

Mechanical all the way! It frustrates me when I see my small bro telling my he is going to get the iMac keyboard...

My neighbour typed his Master's Thesis on one of those and he loves it. I can't type a freaking word on the thing :p

I really couldn't care less, I have both mechanical and membrane keyboards, I prefer the membrane because I don't really feel or see any difference with a mechanical. In my opinion this whole 'durr mechanical keyboard master race' is one huge band wagon.

Yeezus was the best album of all time

If I didn't have a good membrane keyboard with full back lit (Microsoft Sidewinder X4), I'd probably throw 160$ on a mechanical one....

I really couldn't care less, I have both mechanical and membrane keyboards, I prefer the membrane because I don't really feel or see any difference with a mechanical. In my opinion this whole 'durr mechanical keyboard master race' is one huge band wagon.

Well mister hentai, you would be wrong then. Don't be a hipster bro :P

Well im typing this with a membrane one but my K70 will arive in the next few days so I could tell you then =D

Ive never tried a mechanical keyboard before, but i would love to! Seems too expensive to buy without trying, and i dont know where to try one!

3770K | GTX970 | 16GB DDR3 | Corsair RM750

Well mister hentai, you would be wrong then. Don't be a hipster bro :P

How am I a hipster if my opinion differs from everyone else's ?

Yeezus was the best album of all time