Anime for not weebs

6 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

4 pages in, i still don't know what OP mean by weeb. 

I mean weeb by someone who enjoys all the things that only happen in anime or are expected to happen in anime that people that don’t watch anime would think to be weird or dumb. 

Like the pedophilia, over explanations, things being in the air, so on. 

12 hours ago, Aereldor said:

>Durarara
>Complex storytelling

It's literally store-brand Baccano. 'Oh look our story is so crazy, look at our amazing setting!' It's literally a normal-ass generic Anime city. Protagonist is literally YET ANOTHER kind-hearted country bumpkin who 'goes to the big city for high school'. His best friend is a jackass pervert, and his love interest is the shy girl with big tits. The characters are cardboard cutouts and the story is a 12-year-old girl's fanfiction. The two mafia gangs are literally called 'yellow' and 'blue'.

It's... Tokyo. And Baccano was complex just for the sake of being complex. There was no reason for the time cuts and jumps in that show, other than because they can. And from that description it sounds like you didn't watch the show. The protagonist isn't the protagonist, nor is he a country bumpkin, the best friend is not entirely motivated by being a pervert, and I can speak with 100% factuality that those people exist in the "adult" world. The love interest really isn't, and has more than just a shy girl with big tits. It sounds like you watched the first episode and wrote it off.

Character depth? There's some weebs, 'immigrant', emphasized to a racist degree. Angry guy who throws fridges. Slimy guy who is slimy. It speaks volume when the only non-terrible character literally doesn't have a head.

I believe if they're actually Japanese they're "Otaku." Or something. Not sure how a Russian is racist. Yada, yada.

Also, it's not like Baccano's setting of "Oriental express" hasn't been done a thousand times before. Those characters are also cliched garbage. It's nothing but flashbacks and flash forwards which are notoriously cliche in anime.

Assassination Classroom is show about kids trying to kill their tentacle monster teacher *with assault rifles and grenade launchers. I mean... 

You didn't watch it.

Bungou Stray Dogs just attributes random bullshit 'quirks' to characters based on some stupid shallow caricature of legendary authors. You have the Dazai guy killing himself for laughs all the time, Doppo doesn't even make sense... They're just anime cutouts ffs. You wanna see a Dazai anime, watch the first arc of Aoi Bungaku or actually read his books

Wow. You're an angry elf.

Ancient Magus Bride is basically a hentai. This is the actual summary for the show-

Yeah, creepy old fuck buys a 15 year old child bridewanna remind me where that happens in Harry Potter? People who enjoy and recommend this shit give the whole industry a bad name, a stigma that genuine, serious creators who are good at their job like Masaaki Yuasa, Satoshi Kon, and Isao Takahata have to fight against. 

Sounds like you didn't watch it. There's no hentai present anywhere.

You must not have read the HP books then.

And yes, Food Wars is stupid, has like 80 episodes, and, again, has weird food sex

Not really. Peoples clothes blow off. If that's your idea of sex I feel bad for you. Again, people who enjoy cooking enjoy the show. I honestly can't figure how else to phrase that so that you'll understand it's a show for people who like cooking.

LMAO. There are dubs with Christian Bale in them. Crispin Freeman and Steven Blum are some of the most celebrated voice actors of our time. Some creators prefer the dubs. But then again, you think Cowboy Bebop and Death Note are trash lmao. To be fair, bad as Durarara is, good dub.

I physically own Howl's Moving Castle. Christian Bale isn't good, neither is Billy Crystal, and I like Billy Crystal. He was great in Princess Bride (Another super weeb shit by your standards) and Monsters Inc. (super weeb.) You obviously also haven't heard of these concepts called "generalizations" and "exaggerations." I don't know any shows, since we're not talking about movies, that have actual big name Hollywood actors doing the dubbing. Closest thing is Troy Baker or Yuri Lowenthaal.

The point which so clearly flew over your head is that most shows use the same 4 actors. Particularly anything Funimation does. And they're all terrible.

You're not 'defending the honour of your anime collection with the power of your blade'... This is Linus Tech Tips.

You're attacking a bunch of random peoples preferences for literally no reason while also completely missing the fact that I'm clearly fucking with you. Not appreciating your advances was a joke, like you were coming on to me and asking us to "chill out." But clearly an ounce of wit is too much for you.

#Muricaparrotgang

10 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Not really. Peoples clothes blow off. If that's your idea of sex I feel bad for you. Again, people who enjoy cooking enjoy the show. I honestly can't figure how else to phrase that so that you'll understand it's a show for people who like cooking.

Did you watched Yakitake Japan? If yes what's your taught about that anime compare to Food Wars? I know one is about bread and another one is about food in general but the concept is similar. 

17 hours ago, fpo said:

I mean weeb by someone who enjoys all the things that only happen in anime or are expected to happen in anime that people that don’t watch anime would think to be weird or dumb. 

Like the pedophilia, over explanations, things being in the air, so on. 

Oh ok. I'm confused because your title said not for weebs but at the same time you like Death Note which an anime that most weebs love as well.

Ngl, i'm a weeb but i don't really like most of those fan service anime/manga. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

2 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Did you watch Yakitake Japan? If yes what's your taught about that anime compare to Food Wars? I know one is about bread and another one is about food in general but the concept is similar.

Haven't heard of it. I enjoy a good bit of bread too, worked at a bakery before shit hit the fan.

#Muricaparrotgang

For computer fan, a few good animes :

- Buttobi!! CPU (look my avatar :D), it's soft hentai but fun :)

- Battle Programmer Shirase

spacer.png

- Serial Experiments Lain

spacer.png

PC #1 : Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI | i7-7700 | Cryorig C7 Cu | 32GB DDR4-2400 | LSI SAS 9211-8i | 240GB NVMe M.2 PCIe PNY CS2030 | SSD&HDDs 59.5TB total | Quantum LTO5 HH SAS drive | GC-Alpine Ridge | Corsair HX750i | Cooler Master Stacker STC-T01 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 2560x1440 @ 60 Hz (plugged HDMI port, shared with PC #2) | Win10
PC #2 : Gigabyte MW70-3S0 | 2x E5-2689 v4 | 2x Intel BXSTS200C | 32GB DDR4-2400 ECC Reg | MSI RTX 3080 Ti Suprim X | 2x 1TB SSD SATA Samsung 870 EVO | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li PC-A77 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 2560x1440 @ 144 Hz (plugged DP port, shared with PC #1) | Win10
PC #3 : Mini PC Zotac 4K | Celeron N3150 | 8GB DDR3L 1600 | 250GB M.2 SATA WD Blue | Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB | Samsung Blu-ray writer USB | Genius SP-HF1800A | TV Panasonic TX-40DX600E UltraHD | Win10
PC #4 : ASUS P2B-F | PIII 500MHz | 512MB SDR 100 | Leadtek WinFast GeForce 256 SDR 32MB | 2x Guillemot Maxi Gamer 3D² 8MB in SLI | Creative Sound Blaster AWE64 ISA | 80GB HDD UATA | Fortron/Source FSP235-60GI | Zalman R1 | DELL E151FP 15" TFT 1024x768 | Win98SE

Laptop : Lenovo ThinkPad T460p | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 2133 | GeForce 940MX | 240GB SSD PNY CS900 | 14" IPS 1920x1080 | Win11

PC tablet : Fujitsu Point 1600 | PMMX 166MHz | 160MB EDO | 20GB HDD UATA | external floppy drive | 10.4" DSTN 800x600 touchscreen | AGFA SnapScan 1212u blue | Win98SE

Laptop collection #1 : IBM ThinkPad 340CSE | 486SLC2 66MHz | 12MB RAM | 360MB IDE | internal floppy drive | 10.4" DSTN 640x480 256 color | Win3.1 with MS-DOS 6.22

Laptop collection #2 : IBM ThinkPad 380E | PMMX 150MHz | 80MB EDO | NeoMagic MagicGraph128XD | 2.1GB IDE | internal floppy drive | internal CD-ROM drive | Intel PRO/100 Mobile PCMCIA | 12.1" FRSTN 800x600 16-bit color | Win98

Laptop collection #3 : Toshiba T2130CS | 486DX4 75MHz | 32MB EDO | 520MB IDE | internal floppy drive | 10.4" STN 640x480 256 color | Win3.1 with MS-DOS 6.22

And 6 others computers (Intel Compute Stick x5-Z8330, Giada Slim N10 WinXP, 2 Apple classic and 2 PC pocket WinCE)

9 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

Oh ok. I'm confused because your title said not for weebs but at the same time you like Death Note which an anime that most weebs love as well.

Ngl, i'm a weeb but i don't really like most of those fan service anime/manga. 

I’m looking for anime that doesn’t do the cliches. Death note is tame in terms of anime isms. 

When he explains things, it’s because it’s not obvious or he’s telling us something. (Except for the potato chip scene & delete guy.)

I’ve been rating anime in my OP as I’ve been watching them & kinda gave up on a lot. The only non-weeb anime thus far was RWBY, but I don’t think the show is good so I stopped watching haha. 

I don’t recall the current anime I’m watching but it’s the one in NYC where the aliens are trapped there with humans. It’s been tame thus far. (1 episode) I had to go to sleep so I didn’t watch any further. 

On 6/10/2020 at 12:16 AM, JZStudios said:

1. I believe if they're actually Japanese they're "Otaku." Or something. 

2. Also, it's not like Baccano's setting of "Oriental express" hasn't been done a thousand times before. Those characters are also cliched garbage. It's nothing but flashbacks and flash forwards which are notoriously cliche in anime.

3. Sounds like you didn't watch it. There's no hentai present anywhere.

You must not have read the HP books then.

4. Not really. Peoples clothes blow off. If that's your idea of sex I feel bad for you. Again, people who enjoy cooking enjoy the show. I honestly can't figure how else to phrase that so that you'll understand it's a show for people who like cooking.

5. I physically own Howl's Moving Castle. 

6. The point which so clearly flew over your head is that most shows use the same 4 actors. Particularly anything Funimation does. And they're all terrible.

7.You're attacking a bunch of random peoples preferences for literally no reason while also completely missing the fact that I'm clearly fucking with you. Not appreciating your advances was a joke, like you were coming on to me and asking us to "chill out." But clearly an ounce of wit is too much for you.

1. Uh... If you're not Japanese, isn't it kinda weeby that you would correct me on that.
2. Do you really not know what the Orient Express is? Or the book about it with 9 mainstream adaptations, one of them in Japan? The last one literally made $350 Mil and had Johnny Depp, Willem Dafoe, Penelope Cruz, and Judi Dench.

3. I'm not going to watch a show with a 15 year old girl being sold to an old man in the summary. Where does Harry Potter have that. That's disgusting, and if you're calling me narrow-minded for not giving a show with that in the summary as a chance...

4. In this show peoples clothes blow off and they have orgasms when they eat a guy's food. It's fucking weird. And yes, my idea of sex tends to involve naked people having orgasms... If yours doesn't then I feel terrible for you. 

5. Congratulations on physically owning Howl's Moving Castle

6. Crispin Freeman, J. Michael Tatum, Wendee Lee, Todd Haberkorn, Vic Mignogna, Steven Blum, Christopher Sabat, Brina Palencia, Wendy Lee, Cherami Leigh, Trina Nishimura, Caitlin Glass, Colleen Clinkenbeard... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty convinced 13 is more than 4, and that's not even all of them. Most of them work for Funimation too.

7. Not a bunch. There's no plural. Who is this 'us'? I'm telling you. This is Linus Tech Tips. Chill the f out. 

@JZStudios

@Aereldor

i don’t think the technicalities of weebs & otaku is necessary. 

I’m just hoping for people to list anime that isn’t full of anime cliches. Not scroll through an argument. There’s a lot of arguing in the world. 

Thanks! You’re welcome to argue in your direct messages. :) 

But arguing brings a lotta stress. 

2 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

1. Uh... If you're not Japanese, isn't it kinda weeby that you would correct me on that.

2. Do you really not know what the Orient Express is? Or the book about it with 9 mainstream adaptations, one of them in Japan?

3. I'm not going to watch a show with a 15 year old girl being sold to an old man in the summary. Where does Harry Potter have that. That's disgusting, and if you're calling me narrow-minded for not giving a show with that in the summary as a chance...

4. In this show peoples clothes blow off and they have orgasms when they eat a guy's food. It's fucking weird. And yes, my idea of sex tends to involve naked people having orgasms... If yours doesn't then I feel terrible for you. 

5. Congratulations on physically owning Howl's Moving Castle

6. Crispin Freeman, J. Michael Tatum, Wendee Lee, Todd Haberkorn, Vic Mignogna, Steven Blum, Christopher Sabat, Brina Palencia, Wendy Lee, Cherami Leigh, Trina Nishimura, Caitlin Glass, Colleen Clinkenbeard... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty convinced 13 is more than 4, and that's not even all of them.

7. Not a bunch. There's no plural. Who is this 'us'? I'm telling you. This is Linus Tech Tips. Chill the f out. 

1. No, someone else in the thread mentioned that.
  2. I don't even know what you're trying to insinuate. I said there's been lots of stories in books, movies, shows, plays, etc. that take place on the Oriental Express. Therefore I clearly don't know what it is.
  3. Buying slaves isn't exactly pedophilia. I'm sure you'd watch Game of Thrones, though that's probably too weeby for you. As to Harry Potter, Dumbledore... come on.
  4. Well then your imagination around weird food sex is very limited. I'm just saying there's some very sensual foods out there. Like radishes. In any other case, what are they supposed to do? Just go "Hey this is good." Exciting. Really captures the experience.
  5. Congratulations on skipping the point. Christian Bale sucks.
  6. Still missed the point, and isn't it pretty weeby to list off all these voice actors and directors no ones ever heard of? Let's not pretend like those people do every dub in existence. Even if they did, 13 people is still pretty limited. But your ability to continually miss the simplest points of conversation are truly astounding.
  7. You were going after others people recommendations, don't pretend you didn't. And once again, these advances are highly unwarranted. At least do dinner first. 

#Muricaparrotgang

3 minutes ago, fpo said:

@JZStudios

@Aereldor

I’m just hoping for people to list anime that isn’t full of anime cliches. Not scroll through an argument. There’s a lot of arguing in the world. 

I'm clearly fucking around.

#Muricaparrotgang

6 minutes ago, fpo said:

@JZStudios

@Aereldor

Yeah agreed, sorry for derailing your thread brother. I still recommend Cowboy Bebop, anything by Masaki Yuasa - Tatami Galaxy is a must, since he considers himself an avant-gard Japanese animator and doesn't seem to like Anime cliches and culture. I would say Tokyo Godfathers, it's a masterpiece and the best Christmas movie. If you have the stomach for something really dark and depressing, but probably straight-up the best animation about Japanese history... Then Rurouni Kenshin Trust and Betrayal. Just four episodes too. Probably the best of all time.

Although to get away from Anime cliches, maybe getting away from Anime for a bit is good. Maybe check out the beautiful French animated movie 'Le Roi et L'Oiseaux'. If you've never watched Pinocchio - and many haven't - it's probably the best western animation ever.