Which OS is more demanding GPU usage

ItsMeRachata

Demanding on what?

Edited by captain_to_fire

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Without saying much get Windows 10.

if you like being risky and have a full paid antivirus go for windows 7 if you want a lighter OS.

Pancakes and Hell 🥞 , @Naul so i can notice ^^.

Spoiler

Demon girls are Cute! 

-

-

Helltaker is a good game Click >> here << if you want to see.

1 minute ago, Naul said:

Without saying much get Windows 10.

if you like being risky and have a full paid antivirus go for windows 7 if you want a lighter OS.

in certain situation linux is faster, but again, linux is linux, and still isnt all that supported.

I always depends there are probably different windows versions more demanding than others ( for example bloatware in oem versions or embedded ) also with but generally speaking if windows is too demanding a lightweight Linux could help 

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

25 minutes ago, ItsMeRachata said:

What OS is more demanding on GPU Usage

What OS.... there’s a bunch of windows, nearly infinite distros of Linux and then MacOS variants going back well over a decade. Plus there’s phone OS’ etc. So which you talking about? 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

1 minute ago, Lord Vile said:

What OS.... there’s a bunch of windows, nearly infinite distros of Linux and then MacOS variants going back well over a decade. Plus there’s phone OS’ etc. So which you talking about? 

windows vs macos

QUOTE ME SO I CAN REPLY OR TYPE @ItsMeRachata before every quote.

AMD Motherboard Tier List v2    Power Supply Tier List 

21 minutes ago, GoodEnough said:

in certain situation linux is faster, but again, linux is linux, and still isnt all that supported.

Linux is just a kernel and that doesn't even use GPU. You need to take into account the distribution of Linux that you use along with its graphical interface and tools that you use.

1 minute ago, ItsMeRachata said:

windows vs macos

Realistlically, the difference is negligible to user experience. Frankly this can not be compared apples-to-apples, as there are too many variables. Why do you need it?

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

6 minutes ago, ItsMeRachata said:

windows vs macos

Well MacOS is the lighter OS in general so would naturally assume it’s lighter on the GPU too. Depends what you’re doing though. MacOS doesn’t game well but if you’re buying a Mac to game on that’s just stupid. You get a Mac for software and that trackpad. 

Just now, Lord Vile said:

Well MacOS is the lighter OS in general so would naturally assume it’s lighter on the GPU too. Depends what you’re doing though. 

Normal stuff, some meidium video editing using Olive Video Editor

QUOTE ME SO I CAN REPLY OR TYPE @ItsMeRachata before every quote.

AMD Motherboard Tier List v2    Power Supply Tier List 

3 minutes ago, ItsMeRachata said:

Normal stuff, some meidium video editing using Olive Video Editor

My answer would be it depends why you’re doing it and if you’d be open to upgrading to a better (paid) editor down the line as if you have the MacBook you can upgrade to Final Cut which is on the easier end of the ease of use thing compared to Davinchi and Premiere and will run better ok that hardware. 

4 minutes ago, ItsMeRachata said:

I'm trying to see that who will perfrom better in Iris Plus G7

Just the OS it self, it will not matter. 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

11 minutes ago, ItsMeRachata said:

I'm trying to see that who will perfrom better in Iris Plus G7

Don't choose OS simply based on it's GPU usage or just other performance numbers. The difference gap isn't that large - nearly all operating systems use minimal resources when not doing anything/idling. There are way bigger things that you might consider that will affect your usage more (keyboard/mouse, shortcuts, user interface, availability of other tools, OS features, compatibility with other devices/apps, stability, security, other convenience things, hardware support).

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

Win Vista with Aero on.

Oh, you meant actual performance? Well, the thing is that GPU is only rendering the active process/window. Or what you can see on the screen. So I'm here with YT on background and GPU usage is at 20%. Put YT on browser-mode in front, usage goes to 25-40%. Put it fullscreen and full quality -> 50%+ on GPU.

So OS means nothing with GPU performance. Its the actual tasks you want to do.

E: Fixed the numbers.

Edited by LogicalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Typically AMD and Intel Will perform better under Linux than Windows. Nvidia better under Windows. I have no idea about MacOS.

Running Games / Applications through Wine + DXVK on Linux will result in poorer performance.

If your looking at a specific application, it will run better on a officially supported OS.

Your actual GPU usage itself will be determined by what the application is doing and what is currently rendered to the display.

Olive looks to be compatible across all 3 OS's, however it looks like its in Alpha. Might give kdenlive a look.

kdenlive generally performs and looks better under Linux but will also run under Windows, but not for hardware reasons.

If you want the most out of your hardware, go with Linux. If you want the most of your linux applications then look at Manjaro.

If you want the greatest compatibility, go with Windows. If you are unsure, probably go with Windows.

I would like to note however, that while linux can get you the most out of your hardware. It does not mean that it will get you the most out of your software, that will be determined by the Applications you use and how well it is written and optimized for that OS.

If you want to experiment and see what works best for you, then give Linux a try and see what happens.