Battery problems whit my laptop

Hi everyone,

I have an Acer Aspire E 15 who is about 3 years old, I never dropped or damaged it in any significant way.

Since a month or so my laptop just dies at 70% whiteout any battery warning sign. To my relief it just seems to be an empty battery, plug it back in it restarts an everything is fine. 

So i tried re calibrating my battery. But there is no option in the boot program and just changing the critical battery life to 0% in advanced battery settings and letting the battery go from 100 to when it drops out changes nothing.

I can however change the processor power management > maximum processor state. If i decrease this significantly 80% 50% 20% then the battery wil go lower to 65% 60% and 50%, But still no warnings before it just shuts down/ crashes.

How do I get a correct battery reading again? 

If that's not possible or the battery(or some cells) are damaged then how do i get correct battery warnings back before it just drops out?

Thanks in advance!

If you were using your battery During hardcore gaming, or for like using it on already charged 100% and not Taking it off

Then this is pretty normal to happen.

if you want to extend your battery life then you got to change your power plan option to battery saving.

Never use High performance setting while the battery is on, like that you are draining and charging the battery which makes its tired.

that's if your battery type is Lithium.

Or get a new battery that matches your laptop.

My Older HP envy 15 laptop got it battery dead because of that reason.

it only lasts 10 minutes when playing games like CS:GO in high performance settings.

Pancakes and Hell 🥞 , @Naul so i can notice ^^.

Spoiler

Demon girls are Cute! 

-

-

Helltaker is a good game Click >> here << if you want to see.

It's lithium, I used to cycle it quite a bit by watching movies and just using it unplugged at my desk. from 100 to 20%. 

At my desk i would use high performance because if it drained the battery fast i could just plug it back in. At night and movie watching i always used battery saving and dimmed screen. Gaming was always plugged in to the wall and high performance. I play For Honor and Metro 2033 witch always would put the system under quite some stress.

Was that already enough to brake the battery ?

Minimal screen brightness might give you some extra time away from the wall... On the bright side laptop gets lighter when you remove battery. There should be some better built-in software to save batteries.

I'll just add, never ever leave laptop on the floor during winter night in a cabin that is only heated by fireplace.

3 minutes ago, RageTester said:

Minimal screen brightness might give you some extra time away from the wall... On the bright side laptop gets lighter when you remove battery. There should be some better built-in software to save batteries.

I'll just add, never ever leave laptop on the floor during winter night in a cabin that is only heated by fireplace.

True I would really like a button protect battery longevity at all cost.

13 minutes ago, Alexander20 said:

Was that already enough to brake the battery ?

if you were doing that for like 3 years straight then i think yes :/

Spoiler

Demon girls are Cute! 

-

-

Just avoid overheating your device while the battery is on, and everything is fine

Heat always bring problems

Spoiler

Demon girls are Cute! 

-

-