Has anyone used Home or Air con radiators for water cooling?

because why not? I would like to see some do that. (i know Linus already did this but I want to see a sucessful attempt unlike LTT did)

8 hours ago, 5NibbaHertz said:

-snip-

I have used automotive and aerospace radiators for water cooling. Its a way bigger hassle as the properties are not as well defined as they are for computer hardware. There is a lot more engineering that goes into a loop.

It sounds like you are interested so to prime the discussions and ideas, i would suggest going out there and attempting to build something with those components.

9 hours ago, kkpatel87 said:

I have used automotive and aerospace radiators for water cooling. Its a way bigger hassle as the properties are not as well defined as they are for computer hardware. There is a lot more engineering that goes into a loop.

It sounds like you are interested so to prime the discussions and ideas, i would suggest going out there and attempting to build something with those components.

I am definitely curious and interested but i am young and broke so i dont have time, skills, and money to do that smh.

Yes.  Air to water heat exchanger is the term.  I use a 20x20 one for my whole house loop with a box fan.  I just built a second one a couple weeks ago to try with a garden hose, but unfortunately my ground water is too warm.

They're $150 or so and you need another $20 worth of fittings to adapt to NPT.  And the ability to do plumbing soldering.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

20 hours ago, kkpatel87 said:

Aerospace radiators are less engineered than pc mass produced rads? And their properties are less defined? Really? Come on,thats complete b.s.

2 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Aerospace radiators are less engineered than pc mass produced rads? And their properties are less defined? Really? Come on,thats complete b.s.

Sorry, i misspoke. I meant that the properties are much less public. By that, i mean public availability of specification sheets, drawings, type design, etc. They are definitely engineered to a higher standard, its their properties are less visible publicly.