10900k a paper launch? 🤔

Was the 10900k just a paper launch?

From what I've gathered they're not available. Newegg doesn't have any listing for them, neither does Amazon in either the US or Canada. Canada computers has no stock nation wide and memory express is for pre order only. Micro center shows no stock anywhere also.

When I called memory express I was told that as far as they knew, no Canadian retailer had recieved 10900k stock from Intel.

Not even best buy has them listed. 

So what gives here? Is this a just paper launch? The 10700k and 10600k are in stock and available from all of these retailers. Am I missing something, is there a separate availability date for the 10900k?

Cause I've combed launch day reviews and none of state a separate 10900k launch availability date.

CPU | Intel i9-10850K | GPU | EVGA 3080ti FTW3 HYBRID  | CASE | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU | Corsair HX850i | RAM | 2x8GB G.skill Trident RGB 3000MHz | MOTHERBOARD | Asus Z490E Strix | STORAGE | Adata XPG 256GB NVME + Adata XPG 1T + WD Blue 1TB + Adata 480GB SSD | COOLING | Evga CLC280 | MONITOR | Acer Predator XB271HU | OS | Windows 10 |

i dont live in Canada  so i dont know if it was launched there 

but the 10900k is launched and you can buy it (at least where i can live )  

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

they are being listed on ebay where i live but i dont know of any store that has them

the problem right now is that all stock is affected by the virus. The Ryzen 3 3300X and 3100 are also scarce.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I thought they were launched for high end gaming laptops first?

the 10900k is really new and with the pandemic its going to be a while since you see them at your local best buy

7 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

the problem right now is that all stock is affected by the virus. The Ryzen 3 3300X and 3100 are also scarce.

The Ryzen 3 3200G is similar and in usually much greater availability, currently available with a stock cooler for $89.99 USD on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Ryzen-3200G-Unlocked-Processor/dp/B07STGHZK8

710U2ZVk31L._AC_SL1384_.jpg

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

Whether it will stay this way, I don't know, but in the Netherlands the i9 10900k can also not be found in stock online.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

12 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

i dont live in Canada  so i dont know if it was launched there 

but the 10900k is launched and you can buy it (at least where i can live )  

As far as I've searched no retailer in USA or Canada has them or had them.

9 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Not even scarce, non existent.

7 minutes ago, TeachMeGamers said:

the 10900k is really new and with the pandemic its going to be a while since you see them at your local best buy

The 10700k and 10600k.are available everywhere already. I'm not surprised best buy doesn't have them, it's that no one does.

CPU | Intel i9-10850K | GPU | EVGA 3080ti FTW3 HYBRID  | CASE | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU | Corsair HX850i | RAM | 2x8GB G.skill Trident RGB 3000MHz | MOTHERBOARD | Asus Z490E Strix | STORAGE | Adata XPG 256GB NVME + Adata XPG 1T + WD Blue 1TB + Adata 480GB SSD | COOLING | Evga CLC280 | MONITOR | Acer Predator XB271HU | OS | Windows 10 |

2 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

The Ryzen 3 3200G is similar and in usually much greater availability, currently available with a stock cooler for $89.99 USD on Amazon:

it's not similar, it's much older. Not only has it been produced for longer, so there's stock, but it uses Zen+ instead of Zen 2, and also lacks 4 threads.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

10th gen supply is very low world-wide. It was a semi-paper launch. You can get them but stores got 10-20 of each. Proper availability is planned for August

2 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

it's not similar, it's much older. Not only has it been produced for longer, so there's stock, but it uses Zen+ instead of Zen 2, and also lacks 4 threads.

There is the Ryzen 5 3400G and it has 4 cores with 8 threads instead of the 4 cores and 4 threads of the 3200G, although costs $60 more, although it still uses the Zen+ architecture since being a 2nd generation Ryzen chip instead of the newer 3rd gen. I wouldn't say that it is necessiarly much older, it's only one generation of Ryzen processors back, although I understand why you would say that since there are significant changes in architecture with Zen 2, many new laptops still come with 2nd generation Ryzen chips.

I would go for the Ryzen 5 3600 with 6 cores and 12 threads at a cost of $17.01 more than the 3400G, although it is currently out of stock on Amazon until June 7th of 2020.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

56 minutes ago, oahbpn said:

Right now there is one(1) in stock at amazon 

Link: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B086MHSTVD?tag=pcp0f-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&

image.thumb.png.7236efd199e258fe764415913b308a20.png

A bargooooon

Sold my 9900k delid, direct die kit and my Asus z390i itx last night. 

Picked up a gigabyte aorus z490 itx ultra. If only I had a 10900k to put in it.....

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm almost two and a half weeks later and.... No stock anywhere. At least Newegg actually acknowledged it exists with a product listing.