Left for dead 2 out of 10

Haro

The title says it 

I want to try left for dead j already have the game but I want to know if it is worth my time downloading 😁

I don't know if this matters but I'm coming from csgo 

So I'm a fps player

Out of 10 how good is that game ? 

Also maybe ant tips on how to play it 

Cheers 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

6 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

The title says it 

I want to try left for dead j already have the game but I want to know if it is worth my time downloading 😁

So I'm a fps player

Cheers 

Left 4 dead 1 is great.

left 4 dead 2 is rubbish

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Left 4 dead 1 is great.

left 4 dead 2 is rubbish

L4D2 is great. There's also no reason to buy 1 anymore, since all the maps from 1 are included in 2.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

8 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

worth my time downloading

isn't it like 2GB?

Phenomenal game, played recently and had a blast.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

There's also no reason to buy 1 anymore

Unless you like the voices and characters in the 1st one that is.

This is why L4D2 is rubbish, the voice acting especially is grating

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

The game is better if you play with friends since the AI isn't really the best. I would give it a 9 out of 10 from memory of playing it back on the Xbox 360 with friends.

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

isn't it like 2GB?

I don't know steam tells me it's 11

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

Just now, Slottr said:

Definitely give it a try if you can find some others to play with

Oh do I need to have people ? Because I kind of don't have any one that pays for games 

(Yes I know lmao )

Build Log: 

7 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

The title says it 

So I'm a fps player

Cheers 

I'd give it an 8/10, but don't go into it looking for a deep story or anything, and it's not a single player game (even if that mode exists). It's meant to be played with friends. That way when one of you does something stupid it's okay.

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Unless you like the voices and characters in the 1st one that is.

This is why L4D2 is rubbish, the voice acting especially is grating

The characters from 1 are in the maps from 1, along with their original voice actors.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

Oh do I need to have people ? Because I kind of don't have any one that pays for games 

(Yes I know lmao )

It makes the game much more enjoyable with co-op

Though you can get through it alone, just might not be as good

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Slottr said:

It makes the game much more enjoyable with co-op

Though you can get through it alone, just might not be as good

So does it have a story line ?

Or is it just co-op ?

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

The characters from 1 are in the maps from 1, along with their original voice actors.

Interesting, I must have an early copy where they aren't there.

May have to re-download it and see what's what

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

So does it have a story line ?

Or is it just co-op ?

Not much of one

The objective it to get to the end of the level, to a safe room while completing little tasks and making sure everyone is healed. That's why it's more fun with others

Similar to vermintide if you ever played that

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Not much of one

The objective it to get to the end of the level, to a safe room while completing little tasks and making sure everyone is healed. That's why it's more fun with others

Similar to vermintide if you ever played that

Hmm I'll see if I should download it or not 

The thing is I don't really have alot of active friends 

And the ones that I do usually only have ARM based machines (so phones of portable consoles etc) but if I can maybe get into the game alone or just find a friend who somehow plays it I'll definitely give it a try 

Thank you :D

Build Log: 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Interesting, I must have an early copy where they aren't there.

May have to re-download it and see what's what

Check properties on the game in Steam Library and make sure all of the DLC is downloaded. They weren't ported over in the original release.  They came over later, along with a DLC for how the two games connect.

6 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

(Yes I know lmao )

In a month there will likely be a summer steam sale. Every time that happens, L4D2 goes on sale for a dollar. You can buy a copy for yourself and all of your cheapass friends.

I'd recommend getting L4D1 instead since you have it, except that Valve never made good on their promise to release more maps for the original.

2 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

I'd recommend getting L4D1 instead since you have it, except that Valve never made good on their promise to release more maps for the original.

Oh no I have l4d2 so I would have to buy copies for my Friends (who are capable of even having an x86 system 🤣)

Build Log: 

5 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Oh no I have l4d2 so I would have to buy copies for my Friends (who are capable of even having an x86 system 🤣)

Well you can play online with strangers. In my experience it's not as fun though, as with most online games. People either don't want to communicate (a necessity) or they get angry if something goes wrong.

Anyway, this intro (included in the game) will explain all of the basic game mechanics. It's not nearly as scary as the movie makes it seem, but you'll get that

• There are special infected
  • Zombies come in waves
  • They're attracted to noise
  • The witch is startled by light

Well you can play online with strangers. In my experience it's not as fun though, as with most online games. People either don't want to communicate (a necessity) or they get angry if something goes wrong.

yea i figured that playing with randoms would suck lol 

Anyway, this intro (included in the game) will explain all of the basic game mechanics. It's not nearly as scary as the movie makes it seem, but you'll get that

oh zombies are the most repetitive thing i have seen 

it is not scary at all lmao 

• There are special infected
  • Zombies come in waves
  • They're attracted to noise
  • The witch is startled by light

got it thank you :D

Build Log: 

I should also mention what makes Left 4 Dead special (although not unique) is that it uses a director system. This is a very interesting video about it, but the TLDR is that the waves come based on your perceived stress level, and the game is different every time you play:

TLDR is that the waves come based on your perceived stress level, and the game is different every time you play:

OH THAT IS SO COOL

Build Log: 

10/10, seriously a really fun game, even on the Xbox 360. It's a challenging game, but not to the point where you feel alienated. It's very much designed so that you can explore but know where you're at, ultimately. 

Also, all the maps from the first game are in the second game, while adding everything from the second game into the original maps.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Fantastic game and a great example of an older gaming experience that we don't really see that often anymore. You'll be playing the same level over and over trying to get to the end but it doesn't really feel repetitive. You never really know what is around the corner and when a horde is going to attack. It really keeps you on your toes.

I honestly would classify the original as one of those games that every gamer needs to play at least once. I barely played the second though. I think it was because I didn't like the characters compared to the first game.

10/10, the steam workshop also adds pretty much endless new content in the form of campaigns, survival maps, etc