Your Folding Rig(s)

okay Crispy345 as your comment "I'm eager to know what jimbob775 has, God THAT has to be some serious business GPU's, or something."

id better tell you all what im running:

CPU: Intel 3930K running standard 3.2GHz

RAM: G-skill Ripjawz 1866MHz 8x4GB

M/B: Rampage 4 Extreme

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 690

PSU: Coolermaster 1300w

CASE: Coolermaster Cosmos 2

Boot Drive: 2x OCZ agility 3 240Gb (raid0)

its usually folding 24/7 running at about 70-100k PPD

sometimes i throw a couple of PS3s to work too....adds a bit more to the scorecard lol however as soon as i get a second pc repaired i should get a extra bit more too xD

okay Crispy345 as your comment "I'm eager to know what jimbob775 has, God THAT has to be some serious business GPU's, or something."

What a beast of a machine! Is this your main computer or do you use another rig for everyday stuff?

I am getting together a small farm and starting to use my works beast VM servers to start folding. Here are the 3 I currently use.

1st: W110ER -

Intel Core i7 3630QM

nVidia 650M 1300MHz/1050MHz overclock.

2nd: AMD X2 1090T

nVidia 550Ti (no overclock)

3rd: Extra T420

Core i3 2310M

Nvidia Quadro NVS 4200 (no overclock)

I might even set up my second W110ER with a 2720QM. (but that one is a backup i case I break my current W110ER ;)

I am getting together a small farm and starting to use my works beast VM servers to start folding. Here are the 3 I currently use.

Intel Core i7 3630QM

Core i3 2310M

I might even set up my second W110ER with a 2720QM. (but that one is a backup i case I break my current W110ER ;)

Just make sure if you use any systems other then your own, like at work, you get permission to do this. There are a lot of post of people trying this and getting in quote a bit of trouble, including fired. But, good if they allow you. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I fix computers at my high school, and whenever there is an extra ill fold on it. I think I have a farm of something like this:

4X DELL dimension 2400

2X DELL dimension 1200

1X DELL dimension 4200

not much, but its for a good cause.

~Judah

I fix computers at my high school, and whenever there is an extra ill fold on it. I think I have a farm of something like this:

4X DELL dimension 2400

2X DELL dimension 1200

1X DELL dimension 4200

not much, but its for a good cause.

That is great. Just as above, make sure you get permission to use anyone's systems other then your own, and especially at work/school as you are also using their resources, like power/heat/cooling and internet.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

What a beast! I suspect I will upgrade my current rig so that 1 produces the scores I'm getting with both my rigs right now. But man, that is some serious business computing :)

MEH

if it makes you feel any better....iv been planning an even bigger beast for a while based round the EVGA SRX dont think its happening anytime soon though :(

Intel Core i7 3630QM

Core i3 2310M

I am a one man Systems Administrator for where I work and I got written approval for this. Everyone else do the same :) on another note, depending on the setup, this may not be a good thing for your backend lol Having fully loaded servers running 24/7 can hurt a lot of things including backup batteries, system performance for end users (think your boss!!! hint hint), more robust cooling system and decreased server reliability. I have a few older dual socket VM servers I upgraded that I decided to throw linux on and fold. They are not put on a battery backup and they are in another room in another building so noise and heat wont be an issue and if they die, oh well! lol Happy Folding!

Intel Core i7 3630QM

Core i3 2310M

All good points. You definitely do not want to do this on production servers or in that costly data center. :) More often then not I see people who do this at work load them on spare PC's and such for the few extra PPD they get, on systems that might otherwise sit around. Definitely do not load on the boss computer. :D FYI - with my "borg" of folding systems, I am heating my basement...

i7-3770k OC'd to 4.6GHz

2 x MSI GTX 670 PE OC'd a little

doing GPU and SMP WUs, just started.

Also i have an Apple iMac (late 2009) folding. (only thing it will ever do)

i7-3770k OC'd to 4.6GHz

Welcome! Nice rig (not the Apple :D ).

i7-3770k OC'd to 4.6GHz

PPD on my main rig: 67K

PPD on my iMac: 4K

Processor: AMD FX-6100 Six-Core Processor (6 CPUs), ~4.2GHz

Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

This is also my main PC which I use for everything so I can only fold every night or when I'm out.

Processor: AMD FX™-6100 Six-Core Processor (6 CPUs), ~4.2GHz

Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

This is also my main PC which I use for everything so I can only fold every night or when I'm out.

Nice setup - should get decent PPD.

1. I'm running on my i3 2120 @ 3.3Ghz depending on the WU i get from 6k to 13k PPD. so far only SMP because I still can't get my 6870 to fold :((

2. I'm running my work notebook (Lenovo T400 P8600 2.4Ghz) thru the night and weekend with 3k. I know its not much but still does some WU's during the week.

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

1. I'm running on my i3 2120 @ 3.3Ghz depending on the WU i get from 6k to 13k PPD. so far only SMP because I still can't get my 6870 to fold :((

2. I'm running my work notebook (Lenovo T400 P8600 2.4Ghz) thru the night and weekend with 3k. I know its not much but still does some WU's during the week.

Ever little "WU" helps :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just order a set of these:

http://www.9mart.com/products/2-Lots-PCI%252dE-PCIe-PCI%252dExpress-1X-To-16X-Riser-Card-for-1U%7B47%7D2U-Chassis.html

They arrived yesterday. Sloted one into a system that run my GTX 460. Pluged it in, attached my GT 640, layed it on its side and turned system back on. Detected the card fine, when into FAH. added another GPU slot and BAM - folding at full PPD on this. Bloody awesome for adding in more GPUs! :D

I have also started folding today. I'm doing ~240k ppd

Main folding machine: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2660

Secondary (home pc): Intel Core2Quad Q8300

I have also started folding today. I'm doing ~240k ppd Main folding machine: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2660 Secondary (home pc): Intel Core2Quad Q8300

Wow, that server is badass. :)

Is that at work? Just make sure if not at home or you own it, get permissions first. Welcome to the team!

ok new pc on the way should be here Wednesday or Thursday. one its up and running will add along with my current one.

cpu core i7 3770k

gpu gtx 660ti

ok new pc on the way should be here Wednesday or Thursday. one its up and running will add along with my current one. cpu core i7 3770k gpu gtx 660ti

That should def add a huge amount to your PPD. :D

We have an 4p users on here?
sorry for the noobness, but wats 4p? just started folding... well, not very new but i didnt tinker with it very much

The Internet is invented by cats. Why? Why else would it have so much cat videos?

currently folding on my home server/brother's gaming rig and htpc

home server/brother's gaming rig:

Core 2 Duo E7400 oc to 3.8GHz

Asus P5Q SE Plus

Kingston ValueRam(it sucks i know but it works)

Saphire 5750(not doing gpu folding as i dont get task that uses gpu)

Cooler Master 800W

htpc:

Pentium G860 underclocked to 2.5GHz due to heat

Gigabyte GA H77N WIFI (overkill i know, but i like the integrated Intel wifi and mini itx form factor)

Kingston ValueRam

not sure about the PPD on them.. how do i check?

The Internet is invented by cats. Why? Why else would it have so much cat videos?

We have an 4p users on here?
sorry for the noobness' date=' but wats 4p? just started folding... well, not very new but i didnt tinker with it very much[/quote']

4p = 4 processors.

Terms has nothing to do with folding, it just happens that these server grade setups produce a large number of points.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595