Xiaomi Phones

xxmonte69xx

anyone have experience with xiaomi as a brand, im looking at getting a xiaomi mi 9t as a upgrade from my google pixel so if i could get some opinions that would be nice :)

Can't say I've had any issues with my Mi 9 so far. Can't say I have any minor complaints either.

Currently have the MiMix 3, little over a year on and absolutely no issues so far. Very good build quality and a nice design. 

25 minutes ago, TheMcSame said:

Can't say I've had any issues with my Mi 9 so far. Can't say I have any minor complaints either.

thanks for the reply

17 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Currently have the MiMix 3, little over a year on and absolutely no issues so far. Very good build quality and a nice design. 

awesome thanks i look foward to it

Solid brand. I've used Xiaomi Note 3 for 2 years until it was stolen. No issues whatsoever. Although I must also state that i have no experience with their customer service or RMA.

8 minutes ago, Promosss said:

Solid brand. I've used Xiaomi Note 3 for 2 years until it was stolen. No issues whatsoever. Although I must also state that i have no experience with their customer service or RMA.

k thanks i think it should be good like i said i have a original pixel xl rma isnt a option anyways lol im also buying off of amazon which have a amazing customer service track record fo me at least a mattress i bought wasnt what i thought it was until i read the manual and it was but they let me keep it and get all money back

Check to make sure it has all the bands you need.

If you live in North America, chances are it doesn't.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

Check to make sure it has all the bands you need.

If you live in North America, chances are it doesn't.

it does the mi line up is international it has lte and everything

7 minutes ago, xxmonte69xx said:

it does the mi line up is international it has lte and everything

It really doesn't.

The 9T has only 4 of the 16 LTE bands used in the US, and 3 of the 7 2G.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Hey there,

I have used a couple of Xiaomi phones in the past. I should say I'm a huge fan of POCO F2 Pro. The fact that you are looking to upgrade from your existing Google Pixel to Mi 9T sounds like a great idea. I would like to suggest that you consider going for Mi 9T Pro instead, simply because it is a step above the standard model. For the price you pay for the 9T Pro, you get amazing value for your buck as well.

18 hours ago, xxmonte69xx said:

anyone have experience with xiaomi as a brand, im looking at getting a xiaomi mi 9t as a upgrade from my google pixel so if i could get some opinions that would be nice :)

Not personal but my GF has an entry/midrange level xiaomi (Redmi Note 8T), and is happy with it.

A good Friend of mine uses a Xiaomi MI 9 Lite since Christmas, he got with a nice deal (One of the cheapest models with Oled Panel + In-Display Fingerprint). He is also very happy with it. performance, storage is great, Display is great, Battery life is really good, in-display-fingerprint works very well.
camera api2 is supported -> GCam Ports are available for every Snapdragon powered Xiaomi phone, which gives you incredibly good shots.

And the Custom Rom community is very active around Xiaomi.

So yea.. Xiaomi is one of the best Value Android phones you can find across a very wide pricerange (except 700-800+~), while still having a decent international presence/marketing going on.

Realme for example does have some models that beat Xiaomi in terms of Specs per Price. But their OS is slightly different, Updates and warranty/sales might be more difficult too.

For example: Official German Retail shops took Xiaomi in recently. You can buy them without needing something like imports, ebay etc.

Realme and other sub-brands are more difficult.

TL;DR: Yea, if you want a good spec + good value phone, Xiaomi is literaly impossible to ignore. It might not always be the best choice for everyone, but their phones are always worth looking up.

Edit: Xiaomi is also kinda known for beeing pretty good with Updates. You get them for a long time, even 2-3 year old Models still get many Updates.

One of my favourite phone I ever had was the Xiaomi Mi A1. I bought it when it first came out and with the exception of the screen quality, it is still one of my favs next to the moto nexus.

On 5/15/2020 at 3:14 AM, xxmonte69xx said:

Perhaps wait for the Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro which is basically a newer version of the xiaomi mi 9t. Very similar in terms of specs, price and size. 

It should be released today.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2020 at 7:06 AM, huilun02 said:

The Mi 9T is my main phone (with custom ROM ofc)

No complaints thus far.

If you are the type who takes lots of selfies or intend to use face unlock, you might want to avoid these mechanical pop up cameras. Because they take time to pop up.

Also please avoid the 64GB version. Storage cannot be expanded.

Wether this will be an upgrade over your existing phone, will depend on what you consider to be an upgrade, and your preference of what you want in a phone.

For example the camera is no match for flagship and Pixel devices. But the battery is a definite step up.

i dont take any selfies LOL also im using a 32 gb of storage google pixel with no problems so 64 should be good thanks

On 5/19/2020 at 12:39 AM, DotoreN said:

Perhaps wait for the Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro which is basically a newer version of the xiaomi mi 9t. Very similar in terms of specs, price and size. 

It should be released today.

i just bought the 9t today the poco f2 is 560 base where as the mi 9t is 270 thank you though

Just now, huilun02 said:

Alright I hope you find the 9T to be an upgrade, for whatever you consider to be an upgrade.

Well like i said a pixel xl with 60 percent battery health and 32gb of storage with a snapdragon 820 isnt great so anything will be an upgrade LOL

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

Well this seems to the first time you have mentioned those complaints in this thread

Regardless, now that I know what you were unhappy about with your Pixel XL, I can confidently say you should be quite happy with the Mi 9T :)

thank you have a good day :)