Case for mid-high tier build

Go to solution Solved by ShinRamen,
1 hour ago, Manjit73 said:

This case has pretty bad airflow, front intake is obstructed by a ton of plastic. The advertised RGB does not work as pictured - you'll have to pick one color, no rainbow effects or anything if that's what you are after. (Unless they recently fixed that, which I highly doubt).

OP, you'll be far better off with one of the cases you mentioned. I'd recommend the Meshify C, it's a superb case. Corsair iCue 220T Airflow and Corsair 275R Airflow are two I'd like to mention as well. 

Budget (including currency): 1600

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 1440p gaming, moving to 4K when i get the funds for a monitor

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I recently had some great advice on parts from the community to help me to get a good choice of parts for my new pc, I am going to be building it myself.

The parts are:

Ryzen 7 3700X Processor

Noctua NH-U12S chromax black CFM CPU cooler

ASUS AMD Ryzen TUF gaming X570-PLUS ATX motherboard

Corsair Vengeance 16gb (8gb x 2) 3600mhz RAM

Sabrent Rocket 1TB NVME m.2 drive

Gigabyte RTX 2080 super Graphics card

Undecided on power supply something like a Corsair RM650 

I am looking for advice on cases and have found three I am undecided between and would appreciate some advice.

Phanteks P400A - DRGB

Fractal Design Meshify C (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fractal-Design-FD-CA-MESH-C-BKO-TG-Tempered-Computer/dp/B074DQVB97/ref=pd_di_sccai_3/258-7298190-8206358?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B074DQVB97&pd_rd_r=fccc9e30-b3dd-4c9c-9b2c-3fdf550a09a6&pd_rd_w=Z8EtH&pd_rd_wg=DqxZ1&pf_rd_p=bee783d4-0910-430a-8054-14da33db5765&pf_rd_r=M1VS28SWZ9945S58CRQK&psc=1&refRID=M1VS28SWZ9945S58CRQK)

ASUS TUF Gaming GT501,

I am not too fussy but would like to get the most cooling and fans for my money as its a pretty beefy build for me :)

Any advice would be appreciated

If so I have one of the perfect and cheap case for you

1 minute ago, Manjit73 said:

1 question do you like rgb cases? 

I dont mind them, i havent gone for many RGB parts, i like them if they are not over the top and dont look cheapy, if you get me?

Just now, Manjit73 said:

If so I have one of the perfect and cheap case for you

Which one?

make sure the Sabrent Rocket 1TB NVME m.2 drive is gen 4 and not gen 3 - why not have the latest and greatest esp when your cpu + mobo combo support it

***yes but there is no real world performance benefit*** so what! get the best most future proof stuff you can buy at the time

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

Ok, but there are to strips on the top is that ok? 

1 minute ago, BootonTheMooton said:

Which one?

Let me check

2 minutes ago, Kirky2k15 said:

make sure the Sabrent Rocket 1TB NVME m.2 drive is gen 4 and not gen 3

Very good point will double check the one I am looking at! 

2 minutes ago, Manjit73 said:

but there are to strips on the top is that ok? 

I will have a look if you have a link?

1 minute ago, BootonTheMooton said:

@Kirky2k15 Here is what I was looking at, could you let me know how I would work out the gen of PCIe it uses ? https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07ZZYWTBP?tag=pcp0f-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1

That's the old one

This is the Gen 4 one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07TLYWMYW?tag=pcp0f-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

1 minute ago, Manjit73 said:

did you check the link? 

I did , doesnt look available to me via prime or anything? Thank you for the suggestion but am keen for a black case to fit where it will be going in new house :) I also like the sleekness of the cases I mentioned above.

1 hour ago, Manjit73 said:

This case has pretty bad airflow, front intake is obstructed by a ton of plastic. The advertised RGB does not work as pictured - you'll have to pick one color, no rainbow effects or anything if that's what you are after. (Unless they recently fixed that, which I highly doubt).

OP, you'll be far better off with one of the cases you mentioned. I'd recommend the Meshify C, it's a superb case. Corsair iCue 220T Airflow and Corsair 275R Airflow are two I'd like to mention as well. 

1 hour ago, ShinRamen said:

Thanks for saving me from a horrible case

1 hour ago, ShinRamen said:

I'd recommend the Meshify C,

Even over the Phanteks p400A, i have heard good reviews and also has the added bonus of coming with 3 fans installed ?

3 minutes ago, BootonTheMooton said:

Even over the Phanteks p400A, i have heard good reviews and also has the added bonus of coming with 3 fans installed ?

I haven't used or seen the case in person before - you can't go wrong with either of these tbh. 3 fans included is a great deal, so if that's a deciding factor for you go with the Phanteks P400A.

This case could be perfect for you if you use a liquid cpu cooler and attach it to the top and it got 4-5 stars on amazon aswell it is prime and black as you asked, the customers ratings show me that it could be perfect for you it is not my choice but yours and I am not forcing you to buy it but it has good air flow