cpu: ryzen 3 3300x

mobo: msi b450m-a pro max micro atx

ram: g.skill ripjaws V 16gb

ssd: WD green 480gb

gpu: asrockp rx 5700 xt challenger

case: cooler master masterbox q300l micro atx mini tower case

1 minute ago, Cedri said:

cpu: ryzen 3 3300x

500W is fine, 600W is maybe preferred, you won't go over 300W undoing a gaming load anyways

mostly you just need the 2 8 pin connectors.

and just double check that the motherboard has USB bios flashing, think it does.

and don't try to use a radiator in that case, good for air cooling only.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Not the case.........

A decent PSU is rated tl be able to run at 100% of its rated wattage continous for ages. As such that is not a concern. The concern is what

All wattage calculators wildly overestimate the wattage needed, and use innaccurate figures to describe the powerdraw needed for a build. Which causes unneccesary wattage to be bought, and people with limited budgets end up with poor powersupplies.

@Cedri you can run that on a good 400 powersupply. Keyword is "Good". Where you located?

I'm in the Netherlands

<snipped quote>

So what amount of watts do you suggest? My system uses around 375 watts

My system uses around 375 watts

based on what information?

also a a good 400w is more than capable of running that system. 

500w just ensures some freedom in regards to what upgrade paths you can choose. 

3 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

based on what information?

also a a good 400w is more than capable of running that system. 

500w just ensures some freedom in regards to what upgrade paths you can choose. 

so with 500W is good? 

Just now, Cedri said:

So what amount of watts do you suggest? My system uses around 375 watts

An 80+ certified bronze 500w should be fine for 375w - but I personally would install minimum 550w but would feel better installing a 650w. I don't want PC's I build to fail after a year because I used a low wattage PSU to save $15 for the customer. The higher the rated PSU you install the longer it should in theory last you - as it's almost about 97% of the time heat that kills a PSU. The less you stress the PSU the cooler it will run. The higher the PSU wattage - the bigger the heatsinks it has inside the more ability it has to keep cool and run longer.

2 minutes ago, Dr.PC.Repair said:

An 80+ certified bronze 500w should be fine for 375w - but I personally would install minimum 550w but would feel better installing a 650w. I don't want PC's I build to fail after a year because I used a low wattage PSU to save $15 for the customer. The higher the rated PSU you install the longer it should in theory last you - as it's almost about 97% of the time heat that kills a PSU. The less you stress the PSU the cooler it will run. The higher the PSU wattage - the bigger the heatsinks it has inside the more ability it has to keep cool and run longer.

I can find a 650 watt 80+ bronze psu for just 10 euro's more so I guess I'll do that

3 minutes ago, Cedri said:

I can find a 650 watt 80+ bronze psu for just 10 euro's more so I guess I'll do that

What specific PSU is it?

iirc lacks OTP and its a worse powersupply than the System power 9. 

so grab that 500w unit i linked instead. if you want to spend extra, i could point to other offerings, but there really isnt much to gain than unneccesary wattage. 

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

iirc lacks OTP and its a worse powersupply than the System power 9. 

so grab that 500w unit i linked instead. if you want to spend extra, i could point to other offerings, but there really isnt much to gain than unneccesary wattage. 

Ok

So what amount of watts do I need? I understand very little of this conversation and I do not want to read all of it so summary pls?

So what amount of watts do I need? I understand very little of this conversation and I do not want to read all of it so summary pls?

yeah... derailed a bit here

you're totally fine with a 550w of good quality here, feel free to link me any units if you want to be sure

4 minutes ago, Cedri said:

the 500w System Power 9 is plenty. 

if you want to step up from that.

https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/product/Wkprxr/be-quiet-system-power-9-600-w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-bn247

found this. which will serve you with practically any consumer configuration. tho the 500w is more than fine. 

edit: sorry for derailing, but i get a bit passionate when i see missleading information in regards to subject matters that interest me. 

edit: another step up from the 600w system power 9:

https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/product/dDH48d/corsair-txm-gold-550w-80-gold-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020133-na

tho i assume you have a limited budget. 

-= Locked For Moderation =-

-= Unlocked for Continued Discussion =-

This topic was Derailed far from contributing to the welfare of the OP.

Stick to the topic at hand. Continuation of the removed derailment will result in warnings issued.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

yeah... derailed a bit here

you're totally fine with a 550w of good quality here, feel free to link me any units if you want to be sure

https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/product/b37v6h 

Is this one good?

30 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

it's a rather budget oriented psu, I'd rather grab a xilence performance x, should be pretty cheap there (or should I say here?😉)

I can only find one with 700W and it has no power rating soo?

Edited by Cedri

1 hour ago, Cedri said:

thnx, ik ga voor de xilence 650W, beste prijs voor wat je krijgt denk ik

(i'll keep it on english so the rest can understand me here)

mwe gold=performance x internally, so whichever is cheaper will do

but yeah, for the money it's a lot better than the sp9