Jogging & heavy use earphones. €60 budget.

Kiwiandapple

Hello,

So my friend asked me if I knew any good earphones. So I tried to get as much information as I could.

Here is kinda what I got back from her: 

• Budget: max €60.
  • Wearable while jogging! 
  • At least 2hours/day use, but can be much longer. 
  • Metal & Rock music mostly.
  • 75XK3.jpg
  • No white, orange cable. It's a plus point if it's cute. (Yes, I replied with.. "what?")

So, simple put - she does not want to spend to much on it, because she will destroy them within a year anyway. She does use them like a lot, she will have them with her to everywhere she goes. School, home, concerts, jogging, blabla.

The cute part was... well, she is very much draw towards SkullCandy, wich I just don't think is the "best" option for her. While very friendly priced.. I don't think the sound will be great.  

Edit: Hurray.. she found a guy who listens to metal/rock and he said that he did not like SkullCandy. So she was like, "yeah I am stupid, thanks for for once being smart and telling me to not buy stuff based on looks"

Location would be Slovenia but can shop from Ebay or other retailers that ship to Slovenia. 

I did suggested the JBL J33 wich was reviewed by @Lauen here. I linked his review to her. But she has questions about them. 

Jogging? Cable, seems strange to wear and can irritate her?

So any options around here that could fit her well, please let me know.
Cheers! 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

I am really enjoying my Philips S1, good looking and balanced sound.

Comfort might be an issue with them, only tips that find comfortable are the comply foam tips, and they wear out suprisingly quick.

THE signature

I am really enjoying my Philips S1, good looking and balanced sound.

Comfort might be an issue with them, only tips that find comfortable are the comply foam tips, and they wear out suprisingly quick.

Pretty expensive and they wear out easy? So that's not an option sorry. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Pretty expensive and they wear out easy? So that's not an option sorry. 

I was only talking about the ear tips, the earphones themselves are of pretty good quality, nothing to complain about there.

They also come with 3 pairs of regular tips (small-medium-large) but I just didn't think they were that comfortable.

THE signature

I was only talking about the ear tips, the earphones themselves are of pretty good quality, nothing to complain about there.

They also come with 3 pairs of regular tips (small-medium-large) but I just didn't think they were that comfortable.

Well they are still pretty pricey and I still do not know anything about them while jogging? I am sorry but I never use earphones myself so, I just need them to stay pretty good in place while jogging. Can you put them in and jump up a few times and run around a little bit where you do sudden moves and what not? To create a worst case scenario for them? 

Well they are still pretty pricey and I still do not know anything about them while jogging? I am sorry but I never use earphones myself so, I just need them to stay pretty good in place while jogging. Can you put them in and jump up a few times and run around a little bit where you do sudden moves and what not? To create a worst case scenario for them? 

With the Comply foam tips, moving around is not a problem at all, they stay in place very nicely.

But since those tips wear out very quickly I tried them out with the small ear tips and those seem to stay in place fairly well as well.

A bigger problem might be the cord, it is flat 'n heavy and for me gets caught regularly behind zippers and buttons. 

Also, now I have tried the normal tips again they aren't as uncomfortable as I remembered. and since my foam tips are almost dead I'll probably use these full time.

THE signature

Those are interesting. I wonder how comfortable they are tho. Seems like they would put a decent amount of force on your ears while wearing them, making it not great for a 1hour use. Will have a look in to them, thanks!

I did suggested the JBL J33 wich was reviewed by @Lauen here. I linked his review to her. But she has questions about them. 

Jogging? Cable, seems strange to wear and can irritate her?

The cable is a little bit heavy imo, and "microphonics", aka cable noise is not an issue for me at least, but I can hear it. but for jogging, I'd look at getting some Comply foam eartips along with the IEM's, though that can quickly add up and make it above budget. Take a look at IEM's that go around the ear as those usually are great for active use. I did try to use the J33's around the ear, but the cable was a bit "springy", so it was difficult. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

I would go for the Koss PortaPro. The only down side is that they can pull on your hair every now and then. They have the Sporta Pro version too but I've never used them. Logan likes them too, saying they are very fun to use. They leak noise so others might be able to hear your music but that's perfect for jogging. You can hear your surroundings so you won't be surprised by cars or whatever is around you while jogging.

Also they have a lifetime warranty. So you break them and you can get a new pair for a few bucks for shipping. I did that already after completely eating it on my miniboard. My new pair got here in a few weeks. But these may not be for her, my sister mocks me for wearing them, and they do look rather different. 

But these may not be for her, my sister mocks me for wearing them, and they do look rather different. 

Almost like they were designed during the 80's or something...   :ph34r:

Thanks for the recommendations, sadly my lovely friend does not want anything like that..

She wants the standard ear plugs. I finally found the video that I was looking at. THESE
Yes they are apple. Jeiks, but if they can work on other earphones? Or if there are any other of these on the market? That would seem to be like a perfect thing. 

Aside from that, are they comfortable? Slick did not talk about that at all, he only tested if they stayed in. Wich it did very well, but .. how was it? 

Back to the future wa the first thing I tought of when I saw them. 

don't be knocking my decade.  I discovered sex, sony headphones, color t.v and I learned how to drive in the 80's.  That's a lot good shit.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Personally, I use Sennheiser MX680 for sports like cycling. Well made, waterproof and good sound in my opinion.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Apple Earpods are good for the price, just grab those.

Yeah, but they don't work on android phones, windows laptops? 

Personally, I use Sennheiser MX680 for sports like cycling. Well made, waterproof and good sound in my opinion.

God they look good for the price.. sadly they are yellow - i'll see if she likes them, thanks!  

Yeah, but they don't work on android phones, windows laptops? 

God they look good for the price.. sadly they are yellow - i'll see if she likes them, thanks!

I think it's just the buttons that might not work.

Sennheiser IEMs have cable durability problems, even the expensive ones.