Best cheap and compact matx case

Hi everyone! I've been planning a new build an have everything down except the case. I'm going to be living in a pretty small space so I want this to be quite compact, but without compromising too much on compatibility and options, which is why I don't think I want to go ITX.

What are the most space efficient matx cases under like $100 US? I've been looking at cube cases like the Node 804 or Core V21, or maybe a tower like the H510? Would like to hear your thoughts. Thanks guys!

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

I'm really frustrated looking at mATX cases too. I really wish they did a case like the Node 304 but bigger to fit mATX.  I don't like having my motherboard on its side with a heavy air cooler nor want the (granted minor) risk of water cooling.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

3 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

I'm really frustrated looking at mATX cases too. I really wish they did a case like the Node 304 but bigger to fit mATX.  I don't like having my motherboard on its side with a heavy air cooler nor want the (granted minor) risk of water cooling.

Yeah, the Core V21 is probably in the lead for me right now, partly because it does have the option to mount the mobo horizontally. 

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

5 hours ago, Spork829 said:

What are the most space efficient matx cases under like $100 US? I've been looking at cube cases like the Node 804 or Core V21, or maybe a tower like the H510? Would like to hear your thoughts. Thanks guys!

Cases I've personally used [links in signature]:

Coolermaster Q300L (RGB Build 2019)

Thermatlake Versa H18 TG (Blue Build 2018)

Cases I think are very good:

Silverstone PS15

Silverstone RL08 (might not find this under $100 USD though)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25