Are EA going to ruin titanfall

ilikepork

The feature wasn't a core game mechanic. It wouldn't have been that difficult for them to remove it.

When its been marketed since day one? I think not.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

When its been marketed since day one? I think not.

Again, it wasn't a core feature. It was a tacky add-on. Removing it from the game and stopping development wouldn't have been difficult.

EDIT: Remember with the Xbox One DRM, something MS had planned as a feature from the start? Remember how quickly and easily they removed that?

The question you should ask, What hasnt EA fucked up?

Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini / Motherboard:GigaByte G1-Sniper-M5 / CPU: Intel 4670k / Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600mhz / GPU: Asus GTX770 Direct CU 2GB / PSU: OCZ ZT650 / SSD: 2xSamsung 840 240GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB / Cooler: Corsair H100i / Fans: 3x Corsair AF120 + 2 Corsair SP120 / Mouse: Corsair M65 / Keyboard: Cheap Crap/ Headset: Razer Kraken / Misk: 3DConnexion mouse / Flight stick: Cyborg F.L.Y 5

Again, it wasn't a core feature. It was a tacky add-on. Removing it from the game and stopping development wouldn't have been difficult.

EDIT: Remember with the Xbox One DRM, something MS had planned as a feature from the start? Remember how quickly and easily they removed that?

That's only because they got a lot of crap for that. Levelution has a pretty significant impact on some levels, like Paracel Storm, Flood Zone, Siege of Shanghai, and Gulf of Oman. It also plays a role in other maps with small buildings collapsing, craters in the ground from explosions and interactions with the environments.

I think it's a nice progression in the advancement of what a game engine is capable of.

BF series is also hugely popular, so EA are dinks for not giving DICE more time.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

That's only because they got a lot of crap for that. Levelution has a pretty significant impact on some levels, like Paracel Storm, Flood Zone, Siege of Shanghai, and Gulf of Oman. It also plays a role in other maps with small building collapsing, craters in the ground from explosions and interactions with the environments.

I think it's a nice progression in the advancement of what a game engine is capable of.

BF series is also hugely popular, so EA are dinks for not giving DICE more time

People's opinion on it doesn't affect the time it takes to remove a feature. Also, for the last time, it was a shitty little feature that wasn't a core game mechanic. It's not difficult to stop an event from triggering. That's all they had to do, stop events from triggering, and then remove all focus from levolution from there on out.

Also craters in the ground from explosions have been there since at least BC1, and small building collapses have been in since BC2.

People's opinion on it doesn't affect the time it takes to remove a feature. Also, for the last time, it was a shitty little feature that wasn't a core game mechanic. It's not difficult to stop an event from triggering. That's all they had to do, stop events from triggering, and then remove all focus from levolution from there on out.

Also craters in the ground from explosions have been there since at least BC1, and small building collapses have been in since BC2.

This is still EA's fault for not giving them more time. BF is very successful and DICE deserves to do whatever they want with their game, regardless of how shitty someone thinks a feature is. Not only that, but they're actively working on fixing what EA didn't give them time for, so they're committed to making the game enjoyable for everyone.

This is still EA's fault for not giving them more time. BF is very successful and DICE deserves to do whatever they want with their game, regardless of how shitty someone thinks a feature is. Not only that, but they're actively working on fixing what EA didn't give them time for, so they're committed to making the game enjoyable for everyone.

It's not that I think it's shitty, it is shitty. It's clear that they ran out of ideas pretty quickly for levelutions. The only ones it really makes a difference in is Locker and Flood Zone. DICE weren't creative enough to pull an idea like that off. It was a waste of their time and the game would have been way better if they had actually realised that sooner. Obviously they figured it out eventually since they never bothered to make any levelutions for China Rising, which now that I think about it, was another waste of time.

You're asking me to predict the future...

I have played Titanfall beta and if they are gonna mess up the game, we would have seen it already.

I don't know about that. For some people the BF4 beta was more playable than it was on launch.

Maybe they will do too much DLC and it could be harmful, but we already have a guarantee of no microtransactions and the cloud server system makes that crappy BF3 HTML server browser bullshit impossible, so I'd say this might be the most 'secure' game yet from that front.

Origin is definitely a detractor though. But in Titanfall's case, the game is so good that it kind of feels wrong to not buy it just because of EA soiling it a bit with Origin.

Titanfall is ending my 9+ year boycott of EA. I'm using the opposite way of speaking with my wallet for a change, as creativity and quality of this level in a STALE genre needs rewarding.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

As long as they don't rush it and if need be delay it, then it should hopefully be fine. BUT it's still EA, so yeah, not getting my hopes up.

You're asking me to predict the future...

I have played Titanfall beta and if they are gonna mess up the game, we would have seen it already.

ever heard of something called the BF4 beta?  Worked a treat for most people...until launch.  Basically it was a tit anvil demo, not a beta which I think is why a lot of people probably didn't encounter anything game breaking.  I think (or hope) there wasn't access to 90% of the stuff that's going to be put in release.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

No, probably just going to offer you the other 13 more DLCs to the get a pair of cool looking gloves.

I really bother me how EA gets a lot of hate. Same with Activision and Ubisoft. These guys are the biggest publishers in the video game world and they get the most hate. No one takes the time to appreciate what they do right. They only get hate for what they do wrong. They do more good than bad, and if the do something bad it's really not intentional.

How can EA mess Titanfall up? If there is something wrong with the game, it's more on the developers than anything. EA already made the right move by not making a "battle log" for the game. So that's a plus. The Beta ran fantastic, (with the exception of me not being able to play because Titanfall uses up too much bandwidth) 

I think the game is going to be absolutely fantastic, and It will most liky get best First Person Shooter this year, and will be in the running for game of the year. Titanfall will sell extremely well, and that because it's going to be an awesome game. 

The only way EA can mess up this game, is if the Servers go down or mess up some how. Which is a possibility, but doubtful because that was what the beta was for and EA has enough money to make as many servers as they need to keep the game running great. 

EDIT: And a side note about micro transactions..... If they don't affect gameplay at all, who cares? If you have to pay $2 for a camo or character outfit, awesome. If you want it, you buy it, if you don't think it's worth $2 then don't pay for it. Simple as that. 

I really bother me how EA gets a lot of hate. Same with Activision and Ubisoft. These guys are the biggest publishers in the video game world and they get the most hate. No one takes the time to appreciate what they do right. They only get hate for what they do wrong. They do more good than bad, and if the do something bad it's really not intentional.

How can EA mess Titanfall up? If there is something wrong with the game, it's more on the developers than anything. EA already made the right move by not making a "battle log" for the game. So that's a plus. The Beta ran fantastic, (with the exception of me not being able to play because Titanfall uses up too much bandwidth) 

I think the game is going to be absolutely fantastic, and It will most liky get best First Person Shooter this year, and will be in the running for game of the year. Titanfall will sell extremely well, and that because it's going to be an awesome game. 

The only way EA can mess up this game, is if the Servers go down or mess up some how. Which is a possibility, but doubtful because that was what the beta was for and EA has enough money to make as many servers as they need to keep the game running great. 

EDIT: And a side note about micro transactions..... If they don't affect gameplay at all, who cares? If you have to pay $2 for a camo or character outfit, awesome. If you want it, you buy it, if you don't think it's worth $2 then don't pay for it. Simple as that. 

i agree this poll has proved my theory right but i especial agree with . If they don't affect gameplay at all, who cares? If you have to pay $2 for a camo or character outfit, awesome. If you want it, you buy it, if you don't think it's worth $2 then don't pay for it. Simple as that. but if they do affect gameplya i will hate that people who pay have an advantage 

The question you should ask, What hasnt EA fucked up?

They've had lot's of great games but most people here are too young to remember when EA was known as the best publisher/Developer around.

That was back when it was still run by it's founder Trip Hawkins.

ea  is bad but they arent as openly hostile as Ubisoft is to pc gamers, hell I personally don't have a problem with origin [FLAME SHIELD ACTIVATED]

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

Can't know, but seems like most of the games from EA are now like some Demos...

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

I dread seeing any sort of cash shop in any game..... however I'd throw all sorts of money at them to buy skins to make my titan look like Optimus prime or Grimlock or even a robotech mech. 

Part of me thinks EA will try their hardest to do Titanfall well. This is their chance to really bitchslap CoD. So far it seems the servers will be up and running well on release, doesn't seem that there are many bugs so far, and it looks like they've taken CoD to where it should have been taken a long time ago with refreshing changes to the style and gameplay. On the other hand, it's EA. I chose not to buy BF4 because I didn't want to line their pockets, and I might decide the same for Titanfall. They really are the worst company in the business. I guess time will tell, but I am eyeing every discount for Titanfall I can find right now.

I sure hope they don't add some micro transaction "premium edition" bullshit. Otherwise, if it's pure 100% gameplay w/ continuous updates and added features, then I'm sold. If I can find an experience similar or even better than what I got for the original first COD Modern Warfare, then I'm set!  :D

yes only a matter of time

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Eventually, yes.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

Respawn have already said there will be NO micro-transactions, of course there will be DLC however, but who doesn't like DLC? Also to all of the people saying "I hope there's no premium" and "PRE ODER NOW GET THIS MECH ETC. BLAH BLAH". The game has been up for pre-order for a long time now and it releases very soon. It's pretty obvious that there are no pre-order bonuses like premium etc.

People sometimes...