Suggest me new music based on the music I own! (Mostly Rock, Metal, ...)

Senzelian

I'm probably not the first one to say this, but I love music and I need moooaar!
So can you suggest me any new music based on my collection of music that I own?

Btw.: I love guitar solos!

Here is a screenshot out of my Google Play Music library:

image.thumb.png.406d266258572b992d3b8259b5efedd5.png

Is there some album catalog app? 😃

Shinedown, Papa Roach, Eagles of Death Metal, Skillet, Queen, Black stone cherry, Queen of the stone age, Monster Truck, Airbourne, Aerosmith, Pop Evil, Metallica. 

Want more?

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

Alice In Chains, stone temple pilots, Black Sabbath 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

21 hours ago, Senzelian said:

I'm probably not the first one to say this, but I love music and I need moooaar!

I completely understand.

tri-tachyon

idk where I found him but he has some metal songs that are basically just guitar solos or riffs. Other songs sound like they should be establishing shots for Promethius. (That bad alien movie)

Rammstein,

KMFDM,

NIN,

Kontrust,

Slayer,

GWAR,

Skillet,

3Teeth,

Alestorm,

slipknot,

Doom 2016 Soundtrack

Doom 1993 Soundtrack

Doom 1993 Soundtrack recreation by IDKFA (Played with real instruments instead of MIDI.)

Maybe:

Blur,

Red hot chili peppers,

slaves,

led zepplin,

Eisenfunk,

Song edits called Anti-Nightcore

Everyone likes queen

Some mashups are cool.

On 5/2/2020 at 9:25 PM, Senzelian said:

image.thumb.png.406d266258572b992d3b8259b5efedd5.png

Is there some album catalog app? 😃

Five Finger Death Punch 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Vestascension. Album is free too.

Your album list there is particularly small. I've gotten out of the "heavier" stuff, but I could recommend some great speed jazz and post rock.

#Muricaparrotgang

On 5/4/2020 at 4:53 AM, JZStudios said:

Your album list there is particularly small.

About 750 songs currently. Wouldn't call it small, but can surely grow a lot more, which is why I asked I guess 😛 

1 hour ago, Senzelian said:

About 750 songs currently. Wouldn't call it small, but can surely grow a lot more, which is why I asked I guess 😛 

No, that's definitively small. I've had a larger collection than that since middle school. Currently since I stopped paying for streaming services I have 4100 files, and that's still pretty small. That's also after removing bands I've stopped listening to. I recently ripped my dads CD collection and that was like 50gb or something. I also recently cleaned our master drive and that ended up around 500 or so. It was like 1.5 when a started... some dingus managed to duplicate or triplicate nearly everything and spread stuff all over the place...

You've got a range though, with CCR and System, along with Lindsey Stirling. If you're open to random suggestions, I'd recommend;

Spoiler
  • Snarky Puppy. A jazz/funk ensemble that makes some highly addictive grooves. Chonks is some real gangster shit, and Bad Kids to the Back has some great parts too.
  • Apocalyptica. Basically just classical musicians that like metal, they've done songs with Corey Taylor and Till Lindemann.
  • Atreyu. Minus the first two albums which are pretty heavy/post-hardcore, they've had some great releases in Suicide Notes and the Curse.
  • Band of Skulls. A blues-rock style garage band.
  • Billy Talent. Honestly I only know the song Try Honesty because it was in a Burnout soundtrack, but it's a fun punk rock song.
  • The Black Keys. Great blues rock.
  • Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. Another blues rock garage band
  • Bond. A 4 piece neo-classical, kind of like Lindsey Stirling, but not quite as electronic.
  • Brand New. Indie/alt rock band with apost-hardcore tinge and an impressive lineup of albums, though their debut is a bit of a breakup soundtrack.
  • Breaking Benjamin. Hard rock band, not amazing, but a decent set of albums.
  • B'z. Japanese indie rock band that once again I only know through Burnout, but Tak Matsumoto is supposedly pretty renowned for his guitar. Check out Friction.
  • Chevelle. Grungy group. I stopped really listening to them in high school, and extended listening sessions can end up a bit samey.
  • Chon. Indie math rock group. Only recently got into them, haven't really given them a proper listen yet.
  • Finger Eleven. They have songs other than Paralyzer.
  • Incubus. Wildly varying in genres, but a good addition.
  • Killswitch Engage. The only song I listen to is My Curse. Another Burnout song.
  • Mouse on the Keys. A Japanese man wondered if he could make a band with just piano and drums. And it's awesome.
  • Polyphia. A hard tinged primarily instrumental math rock group. I thought they were sampled at first. Tim Henson is also just a complete troll.
  • Rise Against. Punk rock classics.
  • Soundgarden. Grunge

Everything else I have is somewhere between post-rock, indie rock, folk, electronic and classic rock.

#Muricaparrotgang

9 hours ago, JZStudios said:

No, that's definitively small. I've had a larger collection than that since middle school. Currently since I stopped paying for streaming services I have 4100 files, and that's still pretty small. That's also after removing bands I've stopped listening to. I recently ripped my dads CD collection and that was like 50gb or something. I also recently cleaned our master drive and that ended up around 500 or so. It was like 1.5 when a started... some dingus managed to duplicate or triplicate nearly everything and spread stuff all over the place...

You've got a range though, with CCR and System, along with Lindsey Stirling. If you're open to random suggestions, I'd recommend;

Reveal hidden contents
  • Snarky Puppy. A jazz/funk ensemble that makes some highly addictive grooves. Chonks is some real gangster shit, and Bad Kids to the Back has some great parts too.
  • Apocalyptica. Basically just classical musicians that like metal, they've done songs with Corey Taylor and Till Lindemann.
  • Atreyu. Minus the first two albums which are pretty heavy/post-hardcore, they've had some great releases in Suicide Notes and the Curse.
  • Band of Skulls. A blues-rock style garage band.
  • Billy Talent. Honestly I only know the song Try Honesty because it was in a Burnout soundtrack, but it's a fun punk rock song.
  • The Black Keys. Great blues rock.
  • Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. Another blues rock garage band
  • Bond. A 4 piece neo-classical, kind of like Lindsey Stirling, but not quite as electronic.
  • Brand New. Indie/alt rock band with apost-hardcore tinge and an impressive lineup of albums, though their debut is a bit of a breakup soundtrack.
  • Breaking Benjamin. Hard rock band, not amazing, but a decent set of albums.
  • B'z. Japanese indie rock band that once again I only know through Burnout, but Tak Matsumoto is supposedly pretty renowned for his guitar. Check out Friction.
  • Chevelle. Grungy group. I stopped really listening to them in high school, and extended listening sessions can end up a bit samey.
  • Chon. Indie math rock group. Only recently got into them, haven't really given them a proper listen yet.
  • Finger Eleven. They have songs other than Paralyzer.
  • Incubus. Wildly varying in genres, but a good addition.
  • Killswitch Engage. The only song I listen to is My Curse. Another Burnout song.
  • Mouse on the Keys. A Japanese man wondered if he could make a band with just piano and drums. And it's awesome.
  • Polyphia. A hard tinged primarily instrumental math rock group. I thought they were sampled at first. Tim Henson is also just a complete troll.
  • Rise Against. Punk rock classics.
  • Soundgarden. Grunge

Everything else I have is somewhere between post-rock, indie rock, folk, electronic and classic rock.

Yes, since middle school. I've not started collecting CDs until 1 year ago :D 

Thanks for the suggestions!

On 5/3/2020 at 2:19 PM, fpo said:

Everyone likes queen

Speak for yourself.

On 5/2/2020 at 4:25 PM, Senzelian said:

Google Play Music

Anoxia - Lapdance for the Devil

Anubis Gate - The Detached

Armoured Saint - March of the Saint.

Armour - Armour (blackened heavy metal...may be a tad harsh for your tastes)

Attila - Rolling Thunder

Doro

(early) Blue Oyster Cult perhaps?

Chrome Molly

(again, early) D.A.D.

Demon - Breakout. If you like that you can explore more form their early works

Fifth Angel - Self Titled

Gemini Five - Sex, Drugs and Anarchy

Grim Reaper (again, their early works)

In This Moment - Look up "Sick Like Me" and you can decide, all their work sounds like that song

Kick Axe - Vices

Lizzy Borden

Twisted Sister (early stuff)

Lordi

Metal Church - S/T

Motorhead - I'm a huge fan of "Another Perfect Day" but it's a very early album from them, tho to be honest, it all sounds the same.

Omen - Warning of Danger

(early) Overkill, especially Years of Decay, an album they've never topped

(early) Queensryche, up to "Operation Mindcrime"

Revolution Renaissance - Age of Aquarius

Shakra - Infected Ltd.

Shok Paris - Steel and Starlight

Skullfist - 1st album only

Wicked Maraya - Cycles

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

7 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Speak for yourself.

Commie. 

6 minutes ago, fpo said:

Commie. 

I prefer the term "Heretic"

The historical implications are far more frightening.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Steel Panther if you need a laugh, Korn if you're nostalgic for the 2000's, Within The Ruins if you're in the mood for something a little heavier, Freak Kitchen if you want something a little weird, I'll post more if I can think of any. Melodika Brothers on Youtube have some awesome covers you should check out, so does Frog Leap Studios!

23 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

I prefer the term "Heretic"

The historical implications are far more frightening.

Some Heretics become arbiters and end up destroying the entire covenant.

#Muricaparrotgang

Leo Morachioli - youtube him, I love his versions of popular songs between Country Roads, Im Still Standing, etc all done to metal theme.  Hes an artist.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

1 hour ago, Tristerin said:

Leo Morachioli - youtube him, I love his versions of popular songs between Country Roads, Im Still Standing, etc all done to metal theme.  Hes an artist.

Frog Leap studios IIRC. I had subscribed to him but what I discovered is, while he's a kick-ass musician, his vocal delivery is identical on each song, which detracted from the subject matter.

All the same, way better than I could ever do.

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

Some Heretics become arbiters and end up destroying the entire covenant.

I'm okay with that :)

4 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Frog Leap studios IIRC. I had subscribed to him but what I discovered is, while he's a kick-ass musician, his vocal delivery is identical on each song, which detracted from the subject matter.

All the same, way better than I could ever do.

I'm okay with that :)

Yeah its all to the same tone of metal for sure - but John Denvers Country Roads is good...his version is ❤️

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case