Anyone also having average/bad battery life on their Surface Laptop 3

So I've just got my Surface laptop 3 13.5 inch i5 256gb yesterday and everything has been great except for one thing. THE BATTERY. Microsoft claimed that their battery lasts 11.5 hours with typical usage but with my use which is just two chrome tabs and an occasional youtube video lasts me abut 4 - 5 hours. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing and is there a fix.

Thanks,

A Chicken With Hair

these machines are kind of old. the battery has lost a lot of capacity. 

my surface pro 4 battery is getting pretty terrible too. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

3 hours ago, VioDuskar said:

these machines are kind of old. the battery has lost a lot of capacity. 

my surface pro 4 battery is getting pretty terrible too. 

Im talking about the new Surface Laptop 3 that came out last year not the Surface Pro 3

4 hours ago, HairyChickens said:

Im talking about the new Surface Laptop 3 that came out last year not the Surface Pro 3

sorry, read it wrong. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

8 hours ago, HairyChickens said:

Disable keyboard backlight and lower screen brightness to 50% - keyboard LEDs always eat up 2-3 hours of battery depending on their brightness

13 hours ago, HairyChickens said:

So I've just got my Surface laptop 3 13.5 inch i5 256gb yesterday and everything has been great except for one thing. THE BATTERY. Microsoft claimed that their battery lasts 11.5 hours with typical usage but with my use which is just two chrome tabs and an occasional youtube video lasts me abut 4 - 5 hours. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing and is there a fix.

Thanks,

A Chicken With Hair

Have you tried a different web browser, like Edge (which is Chromium-based, but might still help) or Firefox?  I want to say this is the classic Windows laptop mismatch between claimed and real-world battery life, but it'd be good to rule out known battery hogs like Chrome.

battery life figures given by manufactures are at something like 150nits. not full brightness

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒