Thermaltake smart 430w

xxmonte69xx

ok so i just got this psu a little while ago and it works great but apparently its not good? in the thingy it says it can be dangerous in one situation what situation is that? i just want answers thanks

Oh mine was awful, worst power supply I've owned. Would eventually overvolt my motherboard constantly.

15 minutes ago, xxmonte69xx said:

what situation is that?

Crossloads, or if things like the fan fails. (it might have OTP, if that is the case, fan failure isnt much of an issue)

It may also lead to reduced livespan of components due to it being a group regulated unit and lacking UVP. 

3 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Oh mine was awful, worst power supply I've owned. Would eventually overvolt my motherboard constantly.

When did you get yours apparently they switched manufacturers and they're supposed to be better it works fine so far in my main rig when did you have yours?

17 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

What are signs of overvolting?

18 hours ago, xxmonte69xx said:

ok so i just got this psu a little while ago and it works great but apparently its not good? in the thingy it says it can be dangerous in one situation what situation is that? i just want answers thanks

If you just got it, surely you can just return it.

Next time ask BEFORE you buy a garbage PSU.

there is a very detailed and comprehensive tier list BTW, stickied as crucial thread, and you know, people spent a lot of time and effort to compose it for you.

Yet, you chose to ignore it. It is sad :( 

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

19 hours ago, xxmonte69xx said:

When did you get yours apparently they switched manufacturers and they're supposed to be better it works fine so far in my main rig when did you have yours?

Working =//= it is doing fine

Get a propper powersupply, and return the one you have while you have the chance. 

edit: while that might be the case that they switched, doesnt make the PSU you bought any better. 

Years ago, but I'd be shocked if their quality actually became something worth buying.

4 hours ago, xxmonte69xx said:

What are signs of overvolting?

The computer shutting off with an overvolt message from the motherboard.